AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wonder what kind of impact this will happen to me and others who use Tmobile.

They surely had come from a long way.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
The new company is called T-Mobile? That's a weird thing to say. So basically, they're just merging and the Sprint name is being killed.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm only on Tmobile cause I own Sprint money. What happens now?

(Next bill:"Please pay $879.87 by May 18th to avoid service interruption)

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Wonder what kind of impact this will happen to me and others who use Tmobile.

They surely had come from a long way.
I just bought a year's worth of MintSim which uses T-Mobile's network. VoLTE is awesome. I hope this means that T-Mobile users will automatically have access to Sprint's network.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Is this a "merger" or a takeover? Can someone parse the legalspeak?

Deleted member 134

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just use Mint. Not sure why others on T-Mobile don't. $25 a month for 10 GB. It uses T-Mobile's network. Hope the merger doesn't affect my Mint.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Well I just recently got away from Sprint to T-Mobile. Hope they don't get their terrible service all over T-Mobile.

Rivi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean better coverage for T-Mobile?? Or will I continue to get shit signal when I go to the toilet

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
What will happen to the Sprint stores? Also, will the sprint networks that are CDMA turn into GSM? No idea how this works but very curious. I've been on T-Mobile for several years now.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the FCC was going to play hardball on the ATT/T-Mobile merger, then what will their response to this be?

Oct 25, 2017
CDMA is getting phased out eventually. LTE is GSM. Sprint and T-Mobile use different frequencies or bands. Most modern handsets support most carrier bands if they're bought in the US.

However, some phones, like the current iPhones, have different models that support T-Mo/AT&T and Verizon/Sprint LTE frequencies. By the time this deal is done in a year or two, phones will be caught up.

Not true about iPhone. iPhone 5 didn't have the full frequencies but since 6 on I believe that they fully support all networks. There aren't "Verizon" and "att" iPhone anymore.

Last edited:

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
If you watch the CEO announcement video it appears to me that they are moving towards a company that provides at home internet. I love T-Mobile, I hope they can enter the home too.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My friend who works at Sprint in Kansas won't be happy about this..

Oct 27, 2017
I just use Mint. Not sure why others on T-Mobile don't. $25 a month for 10 GB. It uses T-Mobile's network. Hope the merger doesn't affect my Mint.

I never heard of Mint before but I'm going to order their $5 trial off Amazon in a few weeks now. I rarely use more than 2gb a month so going from my $30 T-Mobile plan (100 minutes talk, unlimited text, throttled at 5gb) to $15 a month for unlimited talk & text plus 2gb plan sounds great to me. Thanks!

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Had sprint for years a while back, their customer service was such garbage around me. Tmobile has been great even though I'm not happy about my bill. We pay $232 for 4 lines (2 aren't even used) and they told us that dropping the other 2 lines wouldn't help our bill.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
My only thought while seeing this was if John Legere would still be in charge and would still be weird and zany and shit like "slow cooker sundays"

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
T-mobile been trying to get brought for years, always the bridesmaid and never the bride

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Had sprint for years a while back, their customer service was such garbage around me. Tmobile has been great even though I'm not happy about my bill. We pay $232 for 4 lines (2 aren't even used) and they told us that dropping the other 2 lines wouldn't help our bill.
My god that's over 2 times what I pay for 3 lines unlimted.

ronco2000

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tons of jobs will be loss. Don't see T-mobile keeping any Sprint store that's shouting distance from an existing T-Mobile.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Well, this is going to be awkward.

Left Sprint to go to T-Mobile. Sprint sent my last bill to collections 2 days after I ported my number. Fuck Sprint. All hail T-Mobile.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles

How are you even paying $230? I have 5lines with unlimited everything for $130.

Did you buy a bunch of phones?

bry

Oct 27, 2017
i thought they had some 2 for $80 thing going on for a bit?
My fams bill was $234 this month with 6 lines+1 tablet line, and i think like 20dollars of that bill comes from financing and we have that $35 discount for being on autopay.