Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is you're losing value if you don't grab the taco a day. It would burn me up not getting them if I could

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is you're losing value if you don't grab the taco a day. It would burn me up not getting them if I could
Only way I'd consider this is if I passed or biked by one every day. Maybe the crunch wrap pass would be more tempting.

I had that unlimited pasta pass at Olive Garden for three months back in 2018. That was an experience.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd bite if it instead of 1 a day it was like, 3 a week and you can get them whenever. Taking a trip for one taco just seems like a hassle, and I pass by a Taco Bell on my commute.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What am I'm supposed to do with 1 taco a day. It isn't a meal, so the drive there isn't worth it.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
eJSl91w_d.webp

This is never not be funny to me. lol

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That's overpriced because you would never go there every single day for a single taco unless it's in walking distance. But even then it would turn into a chore to go for just one taco.. Make it 2 tacos and that's more value appealing.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that's what they're counting on.

You're already there picking up your taco. Might as well buy some more stuff, right?
It'd definitely be something you'd think of I agree. Especially if like others have mentioned you have a distance to get to your location. Mine is really close, but the service time is atrocious so its the same for me.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
all things considered, even if it's a great deal, taco bell dies with it.

either it dies a moviepass death or it just does what cedar point did (oversold season passes for crazy low prices which basically makes lines insufferable imo unless you want to get gouged by paying for the premium fast pass). you think taco bell is slow service now just wait, would be a nightmare if this ridiculous idea took off

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
all things considered, even if it's a great deal, taco bell dies with it.

either it dies a moviepass death or it just does what cedar point did (oversold season passes for crazy low prices which basically makes lines insufferable imo unless you want to get gouged by paying for the premium fast pass). you think taco bell is slow service now just wait, would be a nightmare if this ridiculous idea took off
I mean, they could just kill the idea if its troublesome (like they killed the mexican pizza which wasn't troublesome)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's a good deal, but not really worth it unless you actually go every day.

They should just do a subscription for the boxes. Just let people customize what they want in the box and subscribe to that "meal plan".
I wonder why they haven't done that. I would love McDonald's to drop off some nuggets and fries every Friday with no proping

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
If it were two or three tacos, or one taco and one burrito, once a week, instead of one taco per day, I would be interested. It's a scam, that's not a meal and they know what they're selling is addictive as hell. This is some "the first hit is free" type shit

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I lived by one and could get three tacos at a time twice a week this really isn't worth my time or money.
I get they want you to buy other stuff while there, but that's a one-way street that really only benefits them. A single taco doesn't do anything for me.
It's a stupid idea and it will fail.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
What if that one taco is enough for like a little kid, and that's how they'll get consistent return

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
What's the context behind this image? Is it an oh shit, constipation moment lol?

Can you explain this meme, to a noob? I've seen it posted for years on years.

It's Josh Freeman, who used to play for the Bucs. There was a story back at the old place about him living Taco Bell so much he ate it five days a week, and it stuck. The meme is just to post that pic anytime Taco Bell comes up. The dude loves the Bell!

I'm not linking to the old place, obviously, but here is a story I found from 11 years ago about it.

www.joebucsfan.com

Chalupa Freeman Loves The Drive-Thru - JoeBucsFan.com

So perhaps the secret to Josh Freeman’s feats of strengths that move linemen off the goal line and win games for the Bucs has been revealed. Freeman is powered by the fart-inducing man food at Taco Bell. Speaking today on The Jeff Faine Show on 1010 AM, […]

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This just went live today. $10 for one of the following Tacos/day
• Crunchy Taco

• Crunchy Taco Supreme®

• Soft Taco

• Soft Taco Supreme®

• Doritos® Locos Tacos

• Doritos® Locos Tacos Supreme

• Spicy Potato Soft Taco

Definitely signing up. That's a damn good deal.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Checked the menu and damn when did individual tacos get so expensive? Guess I'm just used to the combos which are a way better deal. This subscription seems like a good value if you go to taco bell 5+ times a month, which is probably something you should avoid anyway.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
Why the hell would anyone go to Taco Bell, pay around the same for tacos that are shit compared to authentic taqueria's is beyond me.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
The problem is who the hell is just going to order one taco? That's obviously how they get you but like my 5 year old will down two soft tacos like its nothing.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Can I buy 3 subs and get 3x loco dorito tacos for lunch every day for $30/month?

In cities without authentic mexican food I get...but it still shocks me that Taco Bell does well in metropolitan areas.
They're not directly comparable imo. People going to Taco Bell want cheap food with liquid nacho cheese on it for $1, not carnitas or chopped up steak for $3 per taco.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
The problem is who the hell is just going to order one taco? That's obviously how they get you but like my 5 year old will down two soft tacos like its nothing.

Yeah my hunger wouldn't be satisfied with a single taco, need like two or three and a drink. That's probably what they're counting on here, getting you in the door and then upselling.

GringoJB

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I'm wondering if you can stack your daily free taco with free food that you earn through rewards points on the app. That would be awesome but I could easily see that not working ("can't be combined with other offers", etc).

painey

Oct 27, 2017
stunned this works on a Spicy Potato Soft Taco, which are by far one of the top menu items.

Status
Not open for further replies.