• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit the battle theme sounds amazing!? Sakuraba actually doing great work again!?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
This looks so good.

Hopefully they make the demo public at some point, I remember reading that they wanted to release a demo.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
This looks so good.

Hopefully they make the demo public at some point, I remember reading that they wanted to release a demo.
They will probably have a demo for sure.
It's the same pattern as with Scarlet Nexus, they gave the same demo to the press a few weeks before release, then dropped it on consoles a month later.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Tales of Arise is actually looking super hot right now. good shit BAMCO!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Sure looks like a Tales game, just waaaaaay prettier

Looks like they got rid of the end-of-battle status screen to seamlessly put you back in the overworld. Shame we're losing the party interactions that went with it.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game getting a free ps4 to ps5 upgrade? I pre ordered it for ps4 a long time ago when amazon had a good deal on buy 2 get 30% off.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
That battle theme is giving me heavy Baten Kaitos vibes. It's like they finally took the shackles off Sakuraba and let him compose how he wants for this game.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of the LOD still being somewhat distracting, I love basically everything else about this. The UI is crazy clean, and the ability stuff the Gameinformer preview describes sounds cool (Kisara doesn't seem to have a dodge, but instead blocks everything, including damage aimed at allies).
Is this game getting a free ps4 to ps5 upgrade? I pre ordered it for ps4 a long time ago when amazon had a good deal on buy 2 get 30% off.
Yeah, free upgrade.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
You guys can hear the battle theme? All I hear is the character's jabbering the stupid names of their attacks. Hope you can turn that off.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Excluding bits of Symphonia that I played on the Gamecube when I was younger, this will probably be my first Tales game.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
The battle theme is great and sounds completely different from the demo with the rocky area and snow mountains. Maybe each region has a different battle theme like Kingdom Hearts.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Do we know if Tales of Arise will have Smart Delivery for Xbox Consoles? I know it has a free upgrade but the box art and the Microsoft website says it does not have Smart Delivery. I know that the other Namco Bandai game Scarlet Nexus has Smart Delivery for Xbox consoles.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The previews are looking pretty good. Still weird to think that this is only the first Tales game without the PS3 generation, just when the PS4/XBO are winding down.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of the LOD still being somewhat distracting, I love basically everything else about this. The UI is crazy clean, and the ability stuff the Gameinformer preview describes sounds cool (Kisara doesn't seem to have a dodge, but instead blocks everything, including damage aimed at allies).

Yeah, free upgrade.
I am still sad that character portraits in the Menu are not 3D model... :(

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aerith_excited_01.gif

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wished this was open world... :(
A Genshin Impact open world with the rest of Tales and it'd be my fave JRGP ever.

AgeOfZelda

Oct 27, 2017
Skits are in but the form is unknown. Only thing confirmed to be removed is post battle screens. So no more post battle character interactions, which kinda sucks but not a deal breaker for me personally in any way.
According to Arekkz, the post-battle skits have been moved to the overworld. We probably aren't getting anything animated, but banter while resuming exploration sounds like a fair trade-off.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Skits are in but the form is unknown. Only thing confirmed to be removed is post battle screens. So no more post battle character interactions, which kinda sucks but not a deal breaker for me personally in any way.
From what I've seen and from Japanese videos, post batter character interactions are still in. But not as a scene but the same as field dialogues.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys can hear the battle theme? All I hear is the character's jabbering the stupid names of their attacks. Hope you can turn that off.
Yeah, characters shouting constantly in battle is something I've noticed about this game since I started paying more attention to it. I never notice stuff like 'anime grunting' people complain about but the constant shouting of abilities, quotes, etc. in battle is starting to become a little grating. The repetitive battle dialogue in VIIR annoyed me too.