OP
OP
Rainy

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Scores are still updating. Decreased to 87 on OC with 13 added reviews for a total of 51. Holding onto 88 at MC with 46 reviews.

As a long time of the series, some fantastic scores.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Somehow I'm extremely skeptical of some of those high scores. So far what I've seen from the game makes me very cautious, to say the least.

But I'm one of those weirdos thinking Zestiria was much better than many gave it credit for, and Berseria was a mess, so what do I know.

Happy for those who'll enjoy it.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Completely unsurprised by the reviews.

When I played the demo my reaction was basically
5k72cn.jpg

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I'm extremely skeptical of some of those high scores. So far what I've seen from the game makes me very cautious, to say the least.

But I'm one of those weirdos thinking Zestiria was much better than many gave it credit for, and Berseria was a mess, so what do I know.

Happy for those who'll enjoy it.

Always skeptical over high scores as I often don't agree, at least not as far as my personal tastes & sensibilities are concerned, but the demo was all I needed to be sold just based off that small slice of exploration, discovery, world building & feel, and character interaction. If a lot more of that is waiting for me along with an apparently batshit-insane story that goes for it, and a quality battle system that really opens up ....yes please.

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017
Nice. I preordered way too early just based on the graphics, but glad there's a potentially great game waiting for me.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure where to ask. Anybody know if the PC version can run at FPS higher than 60?

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Always skeptical over high scores as I often don't agree, at least not as far as my personal tastes & sensibilities are concerned, but the demo was all I needed to be sold just based off that small slice of exploration, discovery, world building & feel, and character interaction. If a lot more of that is waiting for me along with an apparently batshit-insane story that goes for it, and a quality battle system that really opens up ....yes please.
Yeah I'm trying to make my mind about it. I love JRPGs and have good memories of a few Tales of, but a JRPG getting high praise is so unusual it just tingles my weebersense.

More often than not they're overwritten nonsense with spectacular but shallow battle systems. But not always.

(talking about praised ones)

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Extremely happy with these review scores. I am a bit sad the story is your typical Tales of plot and doesn't reach the highs Berseria did, but I expected it.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Best platform to get this on?

Normally I'd just do PC, but anytime I can sit down at my computer for games I know I'm gonna be playing FFXIV. So if solid, I'd rather do console and the big TV.

ramenline

Jan 9, 2019
I expected good reviews, but this is even better. It always seemed like this was gonna be the DQXI of the series. Hopefully SMT V will be too.

Jenkins

Dec 6, 2018
Any news on the PC version? Worth it or should I PS5 this thang?
I'm wondering if the PC version is a good port? Or is it a more barebones thing like we've seen recently (e.g. MH Stories 2)?

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Is there a difference between the ps5 and ps4 versions?

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Here is our Danish review. We liked it..

HJEM | Popaco

Computerspil, brætspil og podcast. Velkommen til Popaco.

We gave it 4 out of 5.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Had a good feeling about this one from the trailers. Gave me Three Houses vibes for some reason. Never been into the series particularly but it's got my attention. I should go back and play through Berseria.

TheRealMoB

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 1, 2020
Any reviews that mention how the towns are? It's the one thing I have no idea about so far

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
After trying out the demo I didn't expect any less honestly

Pre-loaded on Steam and ready. Now bring on Friday!

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Despite being a JRPG fan for 25+ years I've basically always slept on this franchise because it (for lack of a better criticism) looked a bit generic. It's on my radar! On the other hand, if we're getting another Xenoblade game sometime soon this will probably have to wait. They look similar enough.

TheRealMoB

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 1, 2020
I was expecting mid 80s (great for a tales game) but I'm surprised at how many people in this thread are surprised the game is good.
Game has been oozing quality since the first reveal

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Has anyone seen if the PS4 performance is any good? I'd pick it up but it'd have to be PS4.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
demo didn't really click for me personally but it felt like it had potential, really stoked for the folks who were waiting for this one.

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
Any mention of pop-in/LOD slider on PC? On ACG review was still there as in PS5 (demo) and its a bit of a bummer since its so beautiful otherwise.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Has any review mentioned if you have the ability to zoom out when exploring the world? I'm not a fan of how up and close it is to the MC. Makes it hard to be immersed in the areas.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Pretty great scores! I assume expectations played a part in the game reviewing well. When was the last time we had a competent Tales game??

I guess that depends what you mean but as a long time Tales fan, Berseria was my favorite. That being said the series has always had sort of a "high-end fast food chain" type feel. Very delicious comfort food. So if Arise is a legitimately great JRPG instead of just great for Tales, that is indeed a leap.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Very cool. Haven't played a Tales game but been interested for a long time and I own Vesperia Definitive from a sale. Any thoughts on playing that before/after Arise? I don't know much about how the series connects or builds. These reviews and the trailers have me wanting to go with Arise haha.