• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
Is something wrong with my eyes or is her model clearly a step above what we've seen?

She just looks amazing in general. This is the best foot forward I've seen from this game.

Oct 26, 2017
I know they probably won't do it but I'd like it if they brought back some of the custom weapons for the CaC in 3.

I really liked how you could ring someone out in 2 moves with the lance.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
YAAASSSSSS@SSSS

THE QUEEN RETURNS

I actually had a dream about playing scvi last night and being disappointed in her costume. Fortunately this one is better than what my mind came up with :V

I'm interested in that back step GI thing she did after wind sault B.

I hope we get one more build before release where she's playable.

Also why does she shout EMBRACE MY JAMS

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Chris_hansen.png

This design...

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Dude that over the back grab was mad hype looking. I'm actually interested in a Soul Calibur game for the first time in a while.

I should check up on the marketing and see if they talked about modes and such yet.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
What an absolutely terrible design.

This was her in Soul Calibur II -

Cool, confident, barely sexualized (aside from her pants hanging so low that they expose a bit of her butt for no real reason), and is that some muscle definition I see there?

This was her in Soul Calibur III -

Long pants, a nice small vest, nothing much objectionable or extremely sexualized.

Then it starts going off the rails in Soul Calibur IV -

Pants got shorter and see-through, panties pulled up slightly above the pants, back to just a bra but it's smaller this time.

And now we have this in Soul Calibur VI -

Wat happened to her pants? Why are they even shorter now and what's with those bizarre cut-outs in the sides to reveal more skin? How do these even stay on? Why are her panties pulled up so far and why are they so tight that they dig into her skin? Why is her bra just two straps of fabric seemingly designed to reveal under-boob? What's with that dumb 'confused child' look on her face? Also, what happened to her skin color across these four games?

Just terrible.

This character is 15 btw.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
What an absolutely terrible design.

Yep, yikes.

I'm glad Talim is back but I really dislike SCIV and VI's art direction. Even though a lot of people are salty about V, I appreciated that they stepped back from the DOA ledge in that one quite a bit.

Whereas this one's back in form for modern Soul Calibur. I have no confidence in this game doing Hilde (especially a younger one if they aged her down) justice, it's frankly a goddamn miracle her outfits were that great before compared to her fellow female fighters in the series.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
If she's 15 in Soul Calibur II, wouldn't that mean she's supposed to be -11- in this?

Nov 2, 2017
People actually think this costume is overtly-sexualized???

WOW

*edit*

Okay, I didn't notice the slits in the shorts and the :0 face is pretty funny

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
if they didn't care about the franchise (at all) there wouldn't be a soulcalibur 6.

Harada has mentioned in interviews that no one wanted to take up the mantle for a new Soulcalibur after Odashima left Namco post-SCV. He had to practically beg the current producer to put a team together to make a SCVI, simply because Harada didn't like the idea of SC as a series dying completely.

So Harada cares about SC, that much we know for sure. But this is a mercenary team doing a hit job on the franchise atm

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Harada has mentioned in interviews that no one wanted to take up the mantle for a new Soulcalibur after Odashima left Namco post-SCV. He had to practically beg the current producer to put a team together to make a SCVI, simply because Harada didn't like the idea of SC as a series dying completely.

So Harada cares about SC, that much we know for sure. But this is a mercenary team doing a hit job on the franchise atm
soulcalibur 2 was huge. i can't believe the series fell of so much.
Tekken 7 was in arcades for longer than two years before it came to consoles.
but the point is it came to arcades first and then it came to playstation.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
now it's a console franchise but I just wonder why it stopped in the arcades. Tekken is a console franchise too but it just starts off in the arcades for a year.
Tekken is not a console franchise at all, there are many arcade costumes that never came on consoles. And the arcade version took almost 4 years to come to consoles. And the only thing they did was a story mode and practice mode for it.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
soulcalibur 2 was huge. i can't believe the series fell of so much.
but the point is it came to arcades first and then it came to playstation.

And my point was that it's a console series, not an arcade series. You're pointing at a game that's 18 years old. lol

Tekken is an arcade series first. They port to console as a bonus.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
TALIM IS BACK GUYS AGHHHHHHH MY MAIN IS BACK!!!!!! I JUST GOT UP AND NO SHAME WITH THESE CAPS. I AM TOO DAMN EXCITED. Vergeben did not disappoint me!!!! The outfit reminds me of SC IV and I like it a lot more. What's her age here though I wonder.

Sorry, too excited avatar and all. I hope her other outfits are available. SC II is still GOAT outfit.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Tekken is not a console franchise at all, there are many arcade costumes that never came on consoles. And the arcade version took almost 4 years to come to consoles.

Tekken is most definitely an arcade first game. We got Tekken 7 two years after the arcade release.

just because the game comes out in arcades first doesn't mean it's not a console game. it comes out on consoles too. what the fuck does it even mean to say that it's not a console game?

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Tekken would continue to exist without consoles.

SoulCalibur wouldn't.
there's no way to know that since there never has been a major installment that doesn't also come out on playstation and other consoles. that always happens and it's always a more complete video game experience

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
just because the game comes out in arcades first doesn't mean it's not a console game. it comes out on consoles too. what the fuck does it even mean to say that it's not a console game?
Tekken is still the most played fighting game in Korea, only using Arcades, meanwhile, nobody knows/plays SC except for consoles versions.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it's such a damn shame then that soulcalibur's fallen off. it was really big during 6th gen.
You sound like a man who was living under a rock for many years.

Ok so I was googling her new design since YouTube doesn't work right at my office
I must have gotten some of the designs confused but yeah the one for 6 is bad mostly because of those slits
They were this close to putting her in a string bikini

Japanese dev's must code with one hand down their pants
And how did you make a comment if you had no idea about it?