Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Potentially but -- Reade names Toni Murdoch as the chancellor -- she was the Chancellor of Antioch University Seattle. Though there was a separation in 1997, it seems.

www.wyso.org

Chancellor Toni Murdock on Antioch University and Higher Education

In 1997, Tullisse (Toni) Murdock was appointed the first female president of an Antioch campus (Seattle), where she served for nine years. She became…

I don't know how you can have read that, and made this post:

She became Antioch's first female chancellor in 2005 and during her tenure the University underwent several major transitions, including its separation from Antioch College.

This clearly says that the university split after she became Chancellor, and in fact, this took place in 2008, long after Reade would've attended:

Antioch University Moves Forward After Separation From College

It was a year ago that Antioch University and Antioch College in Yellow Springs became two separate institutions. Antioch College Interim President,…

It was a year ago that Antioch University and Antioch College in Yellow Springs became two separate institutions. While the college is making plans to reopen next fall, the university is also looking ahead to the future. But Murdoch says knowing about the past is a priority as well, and that the University has hired an historian to begin research.

Article posted SEP 8, 2010

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
yep and it can go many ways. There could have been innocents locked up for years on her testimony and there can be abusers released due to her being a key part of the conviction.
Yeah this is actually more what I'm thinking of over the bad people getting out because of this; what if her expert testimony put Innocents in jail and they've had no way of proving it. Not a year goes by anymore without someone who has been in jail for decades getting proven innocent

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I am kind of in awe that she thought the New York Times would think a *partial transcript* equaled a a degree.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Part of having their voice heard is having the case and overall context of the story investigated properly. I think it behooves us all to let that work be done before declaring something definitively and that didn't happen in this case. Even at this point none of us can say with 100% certainty that something didn't happen but there is a substantial cloud of doubt now. This will ultimately end up in some hazy conclusion where we probably won't ever know what really happened unless Tara or Joe step forward admit to lying one way or the other and that means people will take what they want from it moving forward.

Edit: Just saw the NYT article which means that she is still lying about things to cover up her trail at this point though. Pretty crazy.

Last edited:

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeouch.

Oh I know. It's just if I remember the words correct, she taught classes for at least a year or more. That's pretty bold, to say you actively taught students for a significant period that's a lie.

But the crux of the current issue is her falsifying her credentials in relation to being an expert witness, and being a legislative assistant who worked on the Violence Against Women Act was supposed to be a component of that.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What's most crazy for me is not the falsifying of documents and credentials- but purposefully going forward and seeking out the opportunity to be an expert witness in not just one-but MULTIPLE criminal trials. Its almost begging to get caught. The consequences are disastrous.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you can have read that, and made this post:

She became Antioch's first female chancellor in 2005 and during her tenure the University underwent several major transitions, including its separation from Antioch College.

This clearly says that the university split after she became Chancellor, and in fact, this took place in 2008, long after Reade would've attended:

Antioch University Moves Forward After Separation From College

It was a year ago that Antioch University and Antioch College in Yellow Springs became two separate institutions. Antioch College Interim President,…

It was a year ago that Antioch University and Antioch College in Yellow Springs became two separate institutions. While the college is making plans to reopen next fall, the university is also looking ahead to the future. But Murdoch says knowing about the past is a priority as well, and that the University has hired an historian to begin research.

Article posted SEP 8, 2010
I mistyped, I meant 2007 and not 1997 -- I'm dyslexic and saw the 1997 in the article and that's where my brain went to type. My point was that it was pretty clear that she was the chancellor of the university in Seattle.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
What's most crazy for me is not the falsifying of documents and credentials- but purposefully going forward and seeking out the opportunity to be an expert witness in not just one-but MULTIPLE criminal trials. Its almost begging to get caught. The consequences are disastrous.

Well, once you lie your way into law school you can't really stop then.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
This story is what drove a lot of decent posters away from this website... and more and more evidence comes out thaf Reade may not be the most trust-worthy individual.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
That seems like a serious problem with the legal system. If an "expert" witness can go around lying like that, what makes them "expert" at all? And why are they only discredited after they're caught lying? Seems quite inefficient to me, but I don't know anything about the US' legal system so.
The very reason why people fight against the death penalty, and if not for DNA imagine how many people would still be in jail based of bogus "expert" testimony.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I mistyped, I meant 2007 and not 1997 -- I'm dyslexic and saw the 1997 in the article and that's where my brain went to type. My point was that it was pretty clear that she was the chancellor of the university in Seattle.

Well, okay, but I can only read the post you made. And she was president of the seattle school, and Chancellor of the entire system (they have 4 branches, from what I remember reading.)

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Yereeouch.

But the crux of the current issue is her falsifying her credentials in relation to being an expert witness, and being a legislative assistant who worked on the Violence Against Women Act was supposed to be a component of that.

yep. Being a visiting professor (lie), her degree(BA At Least a lie), and legislative assistant (lie), all tied into her being an expert witness most likely. All three were partially or entirely fabricated.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New article by NYTimes:

www.nytimes.com

Tara Reade Is Dropped as Client by a Leading #MeToo Lawyer (Published 2020)

The lawyer’s departure came after concerns over the expert witness credentials of Ms. Reade, who has accused Joe Biden of sexual assault.

Ms. Reade says she received her degree through the private assistance of the school's then-president, Tullisse Murdock. She says she never received a diploma or requested one since she was "fast-tracked" to law school.
This sounds really weird.

But Ms. Hamilton, the Antioch spokeswoman, told The Times that it had spoken with Ms. Murdock, and that there was no such special arrangement with Ms. Reade.
So either Reade, Hamilton, or Murdock is lying. If the spokeswoman is lying, it'd be easy for Murdoch to call her out. So either Reade is lying or Murdoch is lying.

Dec 22, 2017
Florida
"But Ms. Hamilton, the Antioch spokeswoman, told The Times that it had spoken with Ms. Murdock, and that there was no such special arrangement with Ms. Reade."

From the NYT article

Well... fuck. Kinda pissed she took us for a ride and super pissed that her behavior will lead to criminals being released, or led to innocent people being incarcerated... holy shit what a mess.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Well, okay, but I can only read the post you made. And she was president of the seattle school, and Chancellor of the entire system (they have 4 branches, from what I remember reading.)
I'm saying that I mistake and you were correct in your assessment. Yes, you can only read the post I made, that's why I apologized for the confusion.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Oh I actually meant legislative assistant vs. staff assistant. Saying you were one when you were in fact another is materially misrepresenting your job.

I'll take your word for it of course, you worked in Congress. I see your point.

Thing is, she may well could still have been raped by Biden. But there's no 2nd accuser, a lot of information revolving around her job, the incident is actually iffy, and if this pans out, she seems to lie a lot in very material damaging ways for others.

Until more information or more clarification can come out, I don't think she's telling the truth about the rape.

20 cases of domestic violence, ugh that's so bad for everyone involved. Obviously who knows if her expert insight swayed trials but the right thing is to revisit the cases.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017

So either Reade, Hamilton, or Murdock os lying. If the spokeswoman is lying, it'd be easy for Murdoch to call her out. So either Reade is lying or Murdoch is lying.

That's 100% bullshit. She's literally admitting to never getting a degree and instead claiming she has a secret one!

Oct 27, 2017
This story is what drove a lot of decent posters away from this website... and more and more evidence comes out thaf Reade may not be the most trust-worthy individual.
I missed what happened but is this what led to the exodus from PoliEra?

It seemed that anybody that refused to brandish Joe Biden as a convicted rapist or were hesitant to believe every aspect of Ms. Reade's allegations was set upon pretty fiercely.

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

So either Reade, Hamilton, or Murdock os lying. If the spokeswoman is lying, it'd be easy for Murdoch to call her out. So either Reade is lying or Murdoch is lying.

I appreciate trying to be fair to all involved -- but, it's pretty clear that Reade is the one lying here. A major university has verifiable records of who attended and graduated.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
That seems like a serious problem with the legal system. If an "expert" witness can go around lying like that, what makes them "expert" at all? And why are they only discredited after they're caught lying? Seems quite inefficient to me, but I don't know anything about the US' legal system so.
She's probably going to jail if this is true. Most people aren't dumb enough to commit jailable offenses by lying to legal minds and judges who deal with winning at all costs.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
My only real question in this is what does it mean to be fast tracked to law school?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if along with the nonprofit status protection reason, another reason that Times's Up and other similar groups did not help Reade that much is that they did investigations into her background and felt that things such as this would go public. Even if Biden did sexually assault and/or rape her, all of the things coming out are damaging her credibility fast.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My only real question in this is what does it mean to be fast tracked to law school?

It means she either made the whole thing up or the Chancellor called in favors and is now denying it to save herself. Either way it means she likely didn't get a degree. "The president took it from the registrar and did it herself for complete confidentiality" isn't a real thing that happens.

Oct 27, 2017
God, what happens if some of even all of those 20 cases get overturned because of this?
I assume that charges will be brought against her and she'll be prosecuted for perjuring herself. Perjury usually isn't even an offense worthy of prosecution but this is a whole nother level and I assume there would be some interest in pursuing it if these cases are overturned.

It's a disaster all around and the number of people affected is just unconscionable.