• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
office-michael.gif

The "sexy baby" line is so so bad 😭 Karma is trash. The whole album is trash.
Do you want to fight?

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
I promise you both, it's not bait. I truly despise that album from top to bottom. In my opinion, it's the nadir of her discography. Where 1989 and folklore (my favorite Taylor albums) excelled both in their production and lyricism respectively, Midnights was, in my opinion, an eclectic trainwreck of career-worst lyrics and baffling production choices that were actively painful to try and barrel through every time I've listened.

Vocal effects like those in the beginning of Midnight Rain are dotted throughout the record and every last one is jarring and obnoxious. None of the livelier tracks ever find that sort of euphoric joyful sound that you can find in even the weakest tracks off Lover and every one of the slower tracks feels downright anemic.

Lyrically then, man, just shocking. Anti-Hero is the closest that album comes to finding success for me both sonically and lyrically and then that atrocious "sexy baby" line hits like a ton of bricks and sends the song careening into the abyss with the rest of the tracks. Whole songs like Vigilante Shit and Karma are completely unlistenable for me because every line just feels so clunky and lands with a complete thud. There's none of her signature wit or earnestness, it's "hey kids, spelling is fun" Taylor running amok on beats from Jack Antonoff's GarageBand trash bin.

I love Taylor, and I rate every album pre-Midnights north of an 8/10 (using my own meaningless ten point rating scale, mind you) but I have nothing nice to say about Midnights and I literally cringed and turtle-shelled into my shirt in the theater when she got to it during the Eras Tour movie.
It's totally ok not to like Midnights but you're so riled up about it that your post reads like the "Square can kiss their business goodbye" meme post.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I promise you both, it's not bait. I truly despise that album from top to bottom. In my opinion, it's the nadir of her discography. Where 1989 and folklore (my favorite Taylor albums) excelled both in their production and lyricism respectively, Midnights was, in my opinion, an eclectic trainwreck of career-worst lyrics and baffling production choices that were actively painful to try and barrel through every time I've listened.

Vocal effects like those in the beginning of Midnight Rain are dotted throughout the record and every last one is jarring and obnoxious. None of the livelier tracks ever find that sort of euphoric joyful sound that you can find in even the weakest tracks off Lover and every one of the slower tracks feels downright anemic.

Lyrically then, man, just shocking. Anti-Hero is the closest that album comes to finding success for me both sonically and lyrically and then that atrocious "sexy baby" line hits like a ton of bricks and sends the song careening into the abyss with the rest of the tracks. Whole songs like Vigilante Shit and Karma are completely unlistenable for me because every line just feels so clunky and lands with a complete thud. There's none of her signature wit or earnestness, it's "hey kids, spelling is fun" Taylor running amok on beats from Jack Antonoff's GarageBand trash bin.

I love Taylor, and I rate every album pre-Midnights north of an 8/10 (using my own meaningless ten point rating scale, mind you) but I have nothing nice to say about Midnights and I literally cringed and turtle-shelled into my shirt in the theater when she got to it during the Eras Tour movie.
I think you just don't like EDM. Midnights is lyrically a lot better than 1989 at least. Sexy baby notwithstanding.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
When it comes to Anti-Hero then...

relatable for anxiety/depression:
I have this thing where I get older but just never wiser
Midnights become my afternoons
When my depression works the graveyard shift
All of the people I've ghosted stand there in the room

relatable for dysphoria days:
Sometimes I feel like everybody is a sexy baby
And I'm a monster on the hill
Too big to hang out, slowly lurching toward your favorite city
Pierced through the heart, but never killed

So two of my most sung verses on the album, I don't get the hate.

smoking-girl.gif

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Continuing with the theme of trans-relatable lyrics in Midnights, this section from You're On Your Own, Kid really hits when it comes to transition:
I gave my blood, sweat, and tears for this
I hosted parties and starved my body
Like I'd be saved by a perfect kiss
The jokes weren't funny, I took the money
My friends from home don't know what to say
I looked around in a blood-soaked gown
And I saw something they can't take away
'Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned
Everything you lose is a step you take
So make the friendship bracelets
Take the moment and taste it
You've got no reason to be afraid

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
You're On Your Own Kid
Would've, Could've, Should've
Bigger Than The Whole Sky
Hits Different

Are all fantastic songs. The rest of Midnights is all sorts of average.

Her real bangers recently have been the vault stuff on her Taylor's Version albums, why are they all so good???

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anti-Hero is a song where she thought of one good line and built a song around it and it is very obvious. Courtney Love staying right.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I loved Evermore but didn't care for Midnights, so I guess i'm vaguely optimistic for this one, but we'll see.

Midnights sure brings out the wild opinions around here, though.

ccnack

Feb 12, 2021
I can see this not being a super instant album for people at first. But she has some really great songwriting on here.

Hoping this one can live up to it after some more listens, but so far, I enjoy Midnights more.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
She is not a tortured poet though. Please tell me in what way has this person has ever been tortured? She has billionaire problems. She has one of the best lives on earth. For comparison I'm homeless, I have disabling depression. My life is truly a living hell and I'm an actual tortured poet (I write poetry). Not a pretend one. Tay Tay may be a poet but tortured she ain't. At all. Even if it's just a "fun" concept it's not funny to me.

Imagine if the appropriation wasnt socio-economic, or about mental health and rather about race. "rich white person titles their new album [non-caucadian] girl summer." Instead of "rich white best life-living super-successful star makes light of poor suffering artists, using it as cute/cool concept." Neither should be okay, and yet people do all sorts of mental gymnastics to rationalize one, ironically the same way bigots do to protect their beliefs.

The arts used to belong to the poor and those in great suffering. Throughout history art was the lone bastion the lower classes had. Actual tortured poets die in anonymity or hang themselves from a rafter. Nowadays with all art but music especially it's all trust fund kids like Ariel Pink and Caroline Polachek (who also made light of trauma on the tonight show not too long ago), because who has time to write or compose when you're living day to day in poverty and filled with constant all-encompassing financial stress?

It's not a surprise though. I mean the condescension our society so casually has towards poor people is still allowed in most demographics. Every day I hear someone casually call someone else a bum, or say things like "poverty franchise." It basically means the homeless are pieces of garbage. Yet even on resetera, especially sports thread. No one blinks an eye.

Socio-economic inequality is not less important than other social issues and yet it's still treated like so. To be honest I'm worried about getting banned bringing just this perspective up.

The Tortured Poet is not even her, she says this about Matt Healy/Jon Alwyn.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine tearing down Midnights for it's lyricism while praising 1989.

Also ya'll need to get into Dear Reader.

The lyrics I've read from TTPD are very unhinged. Seems like a very different writing style for her

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Midnights was one of her weaker albums because it lacked a coherent idea, imo. It was a collection of songs, some better than others.

It's totally fine though. Folklore and Evermore were artistic peaks in her career and imo fulfilled her mission as a songwriter - they gave me everything I'd wanted from her discography, together with her earlier albums. So now I'll forgive any lesser albums going forward, but hopefully they do have more of an interesting identiy than Midnight, just because I'm greedy.

ccnack

Feb 12, 2021
Midnights was one of her weaker albums because it lacked a coherent idea, imo. It was a collection of songs, some better than others.

It's totally fine though. Folklore and Evermore were artistic peaks in her career and imo fulfilled her mission as a songwriter - they gave me everything I'd wanted from her discography, together with her earlier albums. So now I'll forgive any lesser albums going forward, but hopefully they do have more of an interesting identiy than Midnight, just because I'm greedy.

Definitely agree, but every song stood out on its own, which I really loved. This one sonically isn't as exciting, so I hope on the next album she at least works with new producers or explores her sound a bit.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Only 10.5 hours until the album actually drops and people can hear it for themselves 🤷‍♀️

I like the concept of Midnights and found it interesting to explore a bunch of sleepless nights and the reasons behind them, since a lot of things can keep you up at night and have you thinking. From the good to the bad. Not my favourite theme across the albums but I thought it was neat personally. Especially with the 12,000 days tie-in, was cute.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
To me Midnights is in her top 5 albums. While the concept could've been better executed, the fact it was a break up album in disguise was surprising and pretty cool looking back since the meaning of most songs changed

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Only 10.5 hours until the album actually drops and people can hear it for themselves 🤷‍♀️

I like the concept of Midnights and found it interesting to explore a bunch of sleepless nights and the reasons behind them, since a lot of things can keep you up at night and have you thinking. From the good to the bad. Not my favourite theme across the albums but I thought it was neat personally. Especially with the 12,000 days tie-in, was cute.

How excited are you Kyuuji?

I'm hyped to listen to it 2moro when I've finished work!

I enjoyed Midnights, not as much as her other work but it's still a great album!

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
She is not a tortured poet though. Please tell me in what way has this person has ever been tortured? She has billionaire problems. She has one of the best lives on earth. For comparison I'm homeless, I have disabling depression. My life is truly a living hell and I'm an actual tortured poet (I write poetry). Not a pretend one. Tay Tay may be a poet but tortured she ain't. At all. Even if it's just a "fun" concept it's not funny to me.

Imagine if the appropriation wasnt socio-economic, or about mental health and rather about race. "rich white person titles their new album [non-caucadian] girl summer." Instead of "rich white best life-living super-successful star makes light of poor suffering artists, using it as cute/cool concept." Neither should be okay, and yet people do all sorts of mental gymnastics to rationalize one, ironically the same way bigots do to protect their beliefs.

The arts used to belong to the poor and those in great suffering. Throughout history art was the lone bastion the lower classes had. Actual tortured poets die in anonymity or hang themselves from a rafter. Nowadays with all art but music especially it's all trust fund kids like Ariel Pink and Caroline Polachek (who also made light of trauma on the tonight show not too long ago), because who has time to write or compose when you're living day to day in poverty and filled with constant all-encompassing financial stress?

It's not a surprise though. I mean the condescension our society so casually has towards poor people is still allowed in most demographics. Every day I hear someone casually call someone else a bum, or say things like "poverty franchise." It basically means the homeless are pieces of garbage. Yet even on resetera, especially sports thread. No one blinks an eye.

Socio-economic inequality is not less important than other social issues and yet it's still treated like so. To be honest I'm worried about getting banned bringing just this perspective up.

Far from a Swiftie FWIW.

I dunno it seems like a massive stretch to call it appropriating and saying imagine if it was race comes off like trying even harder to create a controversy.

No one actually thinks she's a tortured poet. It's a common phrase used by a lot of people. Hell it's probably been used countless times by other artists who happen to be wealthy, middle class, or poor.

I mean this sounds like saying AC/DC shouldn't sing Highway to Hell anymore because they are now rich and other people are actually living in a hell and they aren't.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
How excited are you Kyuuji?

I'm hyped to listen to it 2moro when I've finished work!

I enjoyed Midnights, not as much as her other work but it's still a great album!
Extreeemely excited!! Haha. I have an hour of really intense pain later in the afternoon, a day of anxiety before it, and then usually a couple of hours in a dark room afterwards. So having brand new Taylor at midnight will be my salve for all that. Her album drops are always an exciting time for me and my bestie, but after the past couple of weeks we've had with the Cass review and with the events of today it's really coming at a well needed time.

Agreed! It's not my fave album (evermore is) but I like all of her albums (and most of the songs on them) bar Debut and they get frequent rotation. I hope you get some time and space to enjoy it when you finish work tomorrow 💜

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Extreeemely excited!! Haha. I have an hour of really intense pain later in the afternoon, a day of anxiety before it, and then usually a couple of hours in a dark room afterwards. So having brand new Taylor at midnight will be my salve for all that. Her album drops are always an exciting time for me and my bestie, but after the past couple of weeks we've had with the Cass review and with the events of today it's really coming at a well needed time.

Agreed! It's not my fave album (evermore is) but I like all of them bar Debut and they get frequent rotation. I hope you get some time and space to enjoy it when you finish work tomorrow 💜

I hope your intense pain and the anxiety etc goes okay for you! I won't ask as it's your own thing but I enjoy your posts around here and your threads Kyuuji!

If I didn't work in IT whilst taking calls I'd listen to the album as I'm working but I know it'll be "start listening....phone call, pause the song, after the call, unpause etc" so I wanna listen to it in one proper go!

Are we allowed to rank her albums? if so even though I haven't listened to all of her albums

1. 1989
2. Folklore
3. Red
4. Reputation
5. Evermore
6. Midnights
7. Speak Now
8. Lover

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
So now we have a billionaire musician with a perfect life appropriating poor, suffering artists. Pretty gross imo.
The title is a dig at the "boys club" chat group that her ex-boyfriend ("The Tortured Boyfriend Club") created with the rest of his dudebro friends to complain about their girlfriends and female friends.

Nov 23, 2017
Lover is my favorite album of hers. I've always loved the whimsicalness of Lover and 1989 the most. But I can't help but also love Midnights simply because it resonates with me as a woman in my mid 30s which she is too.

Anyway, stoked for tomorrow.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Are we allowed to rank her albums? if so even though I haven't listened to all of her albums

1. 1989
2. Folklore
3. Red
4. Reputation
5. Evermore
6. Midnights
7. Speak Now
8. Lover
Only if you have the correct ranking, which is this

1. Evermore
2. Lover
3. Midnights
4. 1989
5. Folklore
6. Reputation
(I don't really care about the rest but I'll just finish it for the thought experiment)
7. Fearless
8. Red
9. Speak Now
10. TS

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Only if you have the correct ranking, which is this

1. Evermore
2. Lover
3. Midnights
4. 1989
5. Folklore
6. Reputation
(I don't really care about the rest but I'll just finish it for the thought experiment)
7. Fearless
8. Red
9. Speak Now
10. TS

Damn you're the first person I know that puts Evermore at 1 and waaaay above Folklore! Fair play!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I hope your intense pain and the anxiety etc goes okay for you! I won't ask as it's your own thing but I enjoy your posts around here and your threads Kyuuji!

If I didn't work in IT whilst taking calls I'd listen to the album as I'm working but I know it'll be "start listening....phone call, pause the song, after the call, unpause etc" so I wanna listen to it in one proper go!

1. 1989
2. Folklore
3. Red
4. Reputation
5. Evermore
6. Midnights
7. Speak Now
8. Lover
Aw, thank you!
8797-02hirohug3.png
That's really nice of you!
Love the avatar btw, it's cool

That makes sense, better to wait until you can properly enjoy it! I hope the calls that do come in aren't too annoying!

Oooo ranking. I like Taylor rankings because peoples are always very different outside of usually having Red in the first half. I hate Taylor rankings because outside of evermore I'm like 🤷‍♀️ I have no clue haha. They're all different, with different meanings, emotions and vibes about them. With the sole exception of debut I like them all, and most of the songs on them. So any ranking I give always changes wildly lol. Fwiw I only listen to the TVs and don't go back, with the exception of Rep until we get its rerelease.

So atm umm…
  1. evermore
  2. Red TV
  3. folklore
  4. Speak Now TV
  5. 1989 TV
  6. Midnights
  7. Lover
  8. Reputation
  9. Fearless TV
  10. Debut
…but again, everything between 1 and 10 can shift lol.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
  1. folklore
  2. Red TV
  3. Evermore
  4. Midnights
  5. 1989 TV
  6. Lover
  7. Reputation
  8. Speak Now TV
  9. Fearless TV
  10. Debut
The bottom bottom five are pretty interchangeable, except Debut, which is definitely my least favorite.

sfen

Nov 12, 2019

Agreed! It's not my fave album (evermore is) but I like all of her albums (and most of the songs on them) bar Debut and they get frequent rotation. I hope you get some time and space to enjoy it when you finish work tomorrow 💜
hope you love it! I'm really enjoying this recent trend of 'no singles before release' (TTPD, Billie Eilish's next album) -- makes for such a fun first listen experience, where you have absolutely no idea what to expect.

not the biggest Taylor fan in the world but I admire her incredible work ethic and output. must be so much fun to be a bona fide Swiftie; y'all have something new to look forward to every few months or so

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Aw, thank you!
8797-02hirohug3.png
That's really nice of you!
Love the avatar btw, it's cool

That makes sense, better to wait until you can properly enjoy it! I hope the calls that do come in aren't too annoying!

Oooo ranking. I like Taylor rankings because peoples are always very different outside of usually having Red in the first half. I hate Taylor rankings because outside of evermore I'm like 🤷‍♀️ I have no clue haha. They're all different, with different meanings, emotions and vibes about them. With the sole exception of debut I like them all, and most of the songs on them. So any ranking I give always changes wildly lol. Fwiw I only listen to the TVs and don't go back, with the exception of Rep until we get its rerelease.

So atm umm…
  1. evermore
  2. Red TV
  3. folklore
  4. Speak Now TV
  5. 1989 TV
  6. Midnights
  7. Lover
  8. Reputation
  9. Fearless TV
  10. Debut
…but again, everything between 1 and 10 can shift lol.

Interesting list!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my ones that have TV out is on my list, ain't giving Scooter any of my streams haha

Also underrated banger is No Body, No Crime from Evermore

It's so catchy

Also Cowboy Like Me

Can't wait to see where we all put TTPD on our lists!

EchizenKurage

Apr 4, 2024
Dallas, TX
Far from a Swiftie FWIW.

I dunno it seems like a massive stretch to call it appropriating and saying imagine if it was race comes off like trying even harder to create a controversy.

No one actually thinks she's a tortured poet. It's a common phrase used by a lot of people. Hell it's probably been used countless times by other artists who happen to be wealthy, middle class, or poor.

I mean this sounds like saying AC/DC shouldn't sing Highway to Hell anymore because they are now rich and other people are actually living in a hell and they aren't.

I should never had opened my fingers because there was only one way this would go. Ive just been scrolling the OT for weeks now and every time I see the thread title I roll my eyes. Then it went from annoying to upsetting after repeated exposure. I could just ignore it yeah, but I felt a responsibility to share my perspective.

Yes. I know how this reads to normal persons, nevertheless Swifties. Like a bitter madman's rant. I'll also admit I didn't communicate my point very well. So think of it like this:

A neurotypical person romanticizes neurodiverse people.

Because that's what it is. Tortured poets almost always connotes mental illness. Saying it's "just an inside joke" would not fly as a valid excuse for any other type of privileged person making light of their antithesis as a fun art concept about their ex.

"The trope has been criticized for romanticizing mental illness, treating it as a necessary ingredient for creativity.[1"

So then Tay is romanticizing the romanticizing of mental illness, but its a jUsT a JokE lol about Healy (who, in her defense, does suck.)

This person is beaming in every single photograph taken of her. You can see the serotonin doing it's magic in her mien and manner. Take any random gif or image or anecdote of Taylor Swift that displays torture and I'll be flabbergasted. Until then its going to feel like appropriation to me for the points I've laid out.

Last edited:

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely curious how her debut would subsequently rank if she were ever to do a 'Version' of it.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
hope you love it! I'm really enjoying this recent trend of 'no singles before release' (TTPD, Billie Eilish's next album) -- makes for such a fun first listen experience, where you have absolutely no idea what to expect.

not the biggest Taylor fan in the world but I admire her incredible work ethic and output. must be so much fun to be a bona fide Swiftie; y'all have something new to look forward to every few months or so
Ah thank you!! Same, it's so nice to head into in album completely blind on what you're going to hear. Never quite sure if it will be an extension or a clean break. Excited to hear new Billie as well! Honestly between her, Taylor, Dua and Ari we are blessed rn.

It is a lot of fun! Especially in the run up to albums with all the clues. It's been a really nice through-thread across the years, especially growing up alongside her and seeing how many other women/girls share that. Just a general feel good element in life, and we take those.
Interesting list!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my ones that have TV out is on my list, ain't giving Scooter any of my streams haha

Also underrated banger is No Body, No Crime from Evermore

It's so catchy

Also Cowboy Like Me

Can't wait to see where we all put TTPD on our lists!
Amen to that! No Body, No Crime is a banger indeed. The entire album is just incredible. It's a fair way above the rest for me. Same for where TTPD will sit in rankings!! Ahh!!

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States

I agree with just about everything you said here but ultimately, the album is just boring to me more than it is infuriating. I think going from Folklore/ Evermore to Midnights was such a letdown of a move because I really had hoped that we reached Taylor's "grown up" stage (which is a stupid thing to say, I know). There's a part of me that wants her to take Beyonce's cue and just really hammer into themes and explore new avenues for her sound.

It's time to ditch Jack.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Ah thank you!! Same, it's so nice to head into in album completely blind on what you're going to hear. Never quite sure if it will be an extension or a clean break. Excited to hear new Billie as well! Honestly between her, Taylor, Dua and Ari we are blessed rn.

It is a lot of fun! Especially in the run up to albums with all the clues. It's been a really nice through-thread across the years, especially growing up alongside her and seeing how many other women/girls share that. Just a general feel good element in life, and we take those.

Amen to that! No Body, No Crime is a banger indeed. The entire album is just incredible. It's a fair way above the rest for me. Same for where TTPD will sit in rankings!! Ahh!!

I've got Evermore on now, I feel like it's her most underrated album

Tons of bangers on it!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I've got Evermore on now, I feel like it's her most underrated album
Tons of bangers on it!
It's a really wonderful album from top to bottom! 🧡 🍂
Also, since we don't get swiftie chat on here much and if you don't have the physical or missed it, one little touch I loved about folklore and evermore being sister albums, is how that's reflected in the album artwork:

FB44YshVgAQ8QQR
IMG-3845.jpg

IMG-3844.jpg
IMG-3841.jpg

Some people got the album early and are streaming it on twitch and TikTok.

Heard Fortnite and Florida!!! Not bad so far.
It leaked in the early AM. Please spoiler impressions until release tho 🙏

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It's a really wonderful album from top to bottom! 🧡 🍂
Also, since we don't get swiftie chat on here much and if you don't have the physical or missed it, one little touch I loved about folklore and evermore being sister albums, is how that's reflected in the album artwork:

FB44YshVgAQ8QQR
IMG-3845.jpg

IMG-3844.jpg
IMG-3841.jpg

evermore and folklore are just so pretty.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I agree with just about everything you said here but ultimately, the album is just boring to me more than it is infuriating. I think going from Folklore/ Evermore to Midnights was such a letdown of a move because I really had hoped that we reached Taylor's "grown up" stage (which is a stupid thing to say, I know). There's a part of me that wants her to take Beyonce's cue and just really hammer into themes and explore new avenues for her sound.

It's time to ditch Jack.

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/07NxDD1iKCHbAldceD7QLP?si=bc764a55d15e4922

From Out Of The Woods to Labyrinth, all her best work is with Jack.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I should never had opened my fingers because there was only one way this would go. Ive just been scrolling the OT for weeks now and every time I see the thread title I roll my eyes. Then it went from annoying to upsetting after repeated exposure. I could just ignore it yeah, but I felt a responsibility to share my perspective.

Yes. I know how this reads to normal persons, nevertheless Swifties. Like a bitter madman's rant. I'll also admit I didn't communicate my point very well. So think of it like this:

A neurotypical person romanticizes neurodiverse people.

Because that's what it is. Tortured poets almost always implicates mental illness. Saying it's "just an inside joke" would not fly as a valid excuse for any other type of privileged person making light of their antithesis as a fun art concept about their ex.

"The trope has been criticized for romanticizing mental illness, treating it as a necessary ingredient for creativity.[1"

So then Tay is romanticizing the romanticizing of mental illness, but its a jUsT a JokE lol about Healy (who, in her defense, does suck.)

This person is beaming in every single photograph taken of her. You can see the serotonin doing it's magic in her mien and manner. Take any random gif or image or anecdote of Taylor Swift that displays torture and I'll be flabbergasted. Until then its going to feel like appropriation to me for the points I've laid out.

I don't particularly have a strong opinion and like I said I'm not a Swift fan.

I think it's pretty dangerous to assume mental the person smiling in all the photos can't be struggling with mental health. I don't know how many rich celebrities like Robin Williams or Anthony Bourdain etc need to kill themselves before we realize mental illness is a human condition and not solely a condition of financial circumstance.

How many beaming photos and stories of Robin Williams making people laugh exist?

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Had a friend get a copy early by fluke, not stealing, not a leak, so my wife and I were able to listen through it last night (staying up until midnight is not something we're physically capable to doing as tired as all heck parents). We took the opportunity to listen early and be able to enjoy it together.

It's more Taylor Swift, and that's all the detail I'll leave here so as to not spoil it for anyone else.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Had a friend get a copy early by fluke, not stealing, not a leak, so my wife and I were able to listen through it last night (staying up until midnight is not something we're physically capable to doing as tired as all heck parents). We took the opportunity to listen early and be able to enjoy it together.

It's more Taylor Swift, and that's all the detail I'll leave here so as to not spoil it for anyone else.
What genre is it?