• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
People are attempting to load up the servers and play the next few days as an fyi if you want to as well. Kind of an oddly specific piece of nostalgia for some people - but this was the first version I played, and I played a lot of it, so I get it. It's fun to go back to what is basically vanilla TF2 for a few rounds too.

There's even a Subreddit and Discord set up for PS3 matches specifically!

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't even know the servers for Team Fortress 2 on PS3 were still up. Sadly the Orange Box for PS3 is a bit expensive. Half-Life 2 on PS3 is also seeing a server shutdown (although I didn't know that version had multiplayer).

For you trophy hunters out there, no need to worry. There's no trophies for either game.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly surprised they've been up this long, 360 version included. The Orange Box glory days were so long ago.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The console versions of TF2 were pretty good I thought.

In some better alternative universe, TF2 took off on consoles instead of CoD4 and we're still getting "Meet the ______" videos.

daevv

Oct 27, 2017
I guess all hope for a console Orange Box remaster is gone. Even if all games were sold separately I'd still buy.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
The console versions of TF2 were pretty good I thought.

In some better alternative universe, TF2 took off on consoles instead of CoD4 and we're still getting "Meet the ______" videos.

They were okay, but it was ridiculous that they ran at 30 fps when the PC version of each game easily ran at 60+ on much lesser GPU hardware.

Oct 27, 2017
Orange box remastered with an orange series x LE to match you cowards lol

But yeah I played it back on ps3 online back in the day didn't want to pay for gold. Wild to go back to today. What an amazing time to be a gamer 2007 was, one of my all time favs

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Yo what

According to that list they have already shut down the servers for the Switch versions of FIFA 18 and 19. Shutting down the servers of Switch games already is kinda wild

I don't think so, I feel like EA half-assed those versions so much that it turned people off and they never really bought into those. Like weren't some switch sports games like actually roster updates. They have in small font, no changes except for rosters and stadiums or something.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
360 version's still up right? That was the one I played. I remember even back in the day it seemed like that one was more active than PS3, though both obviously paled in comparison to PC.