• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Disclaimer: Dragonball Z Abridged, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, and Final Fantasy VII Machinabridged are fan made parodies, and the base materials are the properties of their respective copyright holders. Please support the official release!

latest

Playlist of the series so far
Gohan vs. Cell fight
The first season is very rough, once they begin season 2 it starts becoming a real series that's not entirely based on jokes.
Main cast:
MasakoX – Goku, Gohan
Stephan Krosecz – Reporter 01
Lanipator – Krillin, Vegeta, Piccolo, Popo
Takahata101 – Cell
KaiserNeko – Trunks, Korin, Yajirobe
Ganxingba – Tenshinhan
Megami33 – Bulma
Remix – Android 16, Kami
Hbi2k – Dr. Brief
Hnilmik – Chichi

latest

8 Episodes, they haven't decided if there will be 9 or 10 total.
Warning: Excessive violence, language, blood and violence
Bonus: A Very Hellsing Christmas special
Main cast:
Corinne Suberg - INTEGRA HELLSING
Benjiman Creighton - ALEXANDER ANDERSON
Jessi Nowack - SERAS VICTORIA
Curtis Arnott - ALCUARD
Marc Swint - THE CAPTAIN
Nick Landis - THE MAJOR
Lawrence Simpson - HERR DOCTOR
Remix - WALTER C. DORNES
Christopher Guerrero -ENRICO MAXWELL (AND CHILD MAXWELL)

n5DHE1Il.jpg

Main cast:
Sarah Ann Williams - Tifa
Justin Briner - Cloud
Kira "Rina Chan" Buckland - Aerith
Curtis "Takahata101" Arnott - Red XIII
Anthony "Antfish" Sardinha - Barret
Mike "Ovarku" Varker - Sephiroth
Ben "HBI2K" Creighton - Palmer
Xander Mobus - Rufus Shinra
Natewantstobattle - Zack
Mackenzie "Hayabusa449" Murdock – Pilot
Lyle McDouchebag - News Anchor

OTHER MEDIA
Twitch channel (gaming, DnD, and live premiers)
Youtube channel for games/stuff they can monetize
Team Four Star Patreon
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyfG7-7lPhf6EIC6igUOfzw
Brief Q&A from HBI2K on "when is the next episode coming?"
Q: "When is the next episode?"

A: To paraphrase Gandalf, "A piece of free content is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it is finished."

Q: "What happened to the progress meter / why don't you post more information on the Reddit / what are these mysterious secret projects you keep alluding to / what are your plans for [this part] of DBZA?"

A: To quote Gandalf directly: "Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret."

You will know when we have something to announce, because we will announce it. The Hells dub and Bento channel are two of many things we have in the works; the others we either cannot discuss yet or choose not to because we prefer to wait until we have something concrete to show off.

As a rule of thumb, when you ask a question like this and receive an answer from anyone not on the team, that is anything other than a direct link to an announcement from us, they are either taking something that a team member said wildly out of context or simply making things up.

While we are grateful to have such a passionate fanbase who feels such demand for our content, we have found that greater transparency about questions like this does very little to satisfy that demand. Instead, it usually winds up getting taken out of context and spread as misinformation, and meanwhile takes time and energy away from actually making the content.

Q: "Are you guys okay? Are you in legal trouble? Is someone sick / dead / divorcing?"

A: The first question is easy: yes, we're okay. Our lives are very eventful, but if we didn't want that at some level, we'd get regular jobs. We are making a living doing what we love. There is nothing more okay than that.

The others are not the kind of question we can answer, so it's sort of pointless to ask.

Q: "Why don't you release DBZA faster / why don't you just hire more editors?"

A: People who ask questions like this invariably do not have experience managing a creative project of the complexity of DBZA on a shoestring budget, without directly monetizing it, while keeping to our self-imposed standards of quality, while also managing a business so that we can all pay our rent at the end of the day. People who do have some sort of comparable experience don't ask, "Why don't you do it better / faster?" They ask, "How are you able to do it at all?"

On the Twitch streams, we have a "no backseat gaming" rule, since the gaming advice we receive tends to be wildly contradictory and clogs up the chat, making it difficult for others to converse. I'm going to ask that the folks here observe a "no backseat project management" rule for similar reasons.

I know that the vast majority of you trust us to manage Team Four Star to the best of our abilities, and as always, we thank you for your patience and support.

Last edited:

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I'm amped for the hour-and-a-half long special/potential finale! Like, I'm genuinely holding a party for it.

Should we have a thread on here for that shining moment in anime history like they did on that other site? Gohan killing Cell with his bare hands is genuinely the hyped shit, & I know TFS can do it justice.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Literally just finished FF7MA Ep 11 and came here to see if there was a TFS thread :D.

It was a great episode, well worth the wait. Barret listing off all the Bahamuts made me laugh everytime they cut back to audio that had him in the background.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved FFVII Abridged. Like Hellsif Abrdiged but I can live without it.

Of fucking course DBZA is the best. Almost better than the original. Super kami guru, piccolo being gohans father, etc.

When's the next episode

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Loved FFVII Abridged. Like Hellsif Abrdiged but I can live without it.

Of fucking course DBZA is the best. Almost better than the original. Super kami guru, piccolo being gohans father, etc.

When's the next episode

I dunno; FFVII is weak for me while I love Hellsing. Not being an FF fan might play a factor, though.

Agreed about DBZA. Schedule-wise, we know we're getting a movie (Probably Bardock, but you never know) on December 25th like the last few years, then "early 2018," the Cell Saga will be wrapped up in a 1.5 hour finale, but it might be the series finale due to KaiserNeko's health, the team branching out, & the fact that the Buu Saga locks them into DBZA for at least 5 years.

These guys deserve more props & the Buu Saga sucks outside of Videl, Majin Vegeta, Saiyaman, & Dabura's design, so I'm fine with this.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno; FFVII is weak for me while I love Hellsing. Not being an FF fan might play a factor, though.

Agreed about DBZA. Schedule-wise, we know we're getting a movie (Probably Bardock, but you never know) on December 25th like the last few years, then "early 2018," the Cell Saga will be wrapped up in a 1.5 hour finale, but it might be the series finale due to KaiserNeko's health, the team branching out, & the fact that the Buu Saga locks them into DBZA for at least 5 years.

These guys deserve more props & the Buu Saga sucks outside of Videl, Majin Vegeta, Saiyaman, & Dabura's design, so I'm fine with this.
What's wrong with Kaiser?
Didn't they do all the Bardock movies? What's left? Would rather have the Broly movies :)

Also, I forgot to mention Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged by Lanapitor. I fucking love YYH and YYHA

Oct 25, 2017
Justin was really channeling Midoriya there for flashback Cloud.
Damn good job on Sephiroth.

Reminder that DBZ Abridged doesn't come back until 2018 (and may likely be the final epsiode), and there's only two more episodes of Hellsing Abridged left (though they may combine it into one).

OP
OP
Arrrammis

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Was watching the FF7 twitch marathon and remembered the Gaf thread, didn't see one up on Resetera and thought I might as well throw something together. If there's something that should be added to the OP let me know!

NTom64_HFC

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on when the next episode of DBZ Abridged is out? It feels like it's been a really long time.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously can't stop hearing Deku anymore know that I know who is voicing him

Probably makes Sephiroth emo All Might

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on when the next episode of DBZ Abridged is out? It feels like it's been a really long time.

Since the news of the hiatus they have repeatedly said that they will be working on it however they haven't explicitly said as to when it is coming out, although what they did say is that it is most certainly not going to come out this year.

As for the new episode of Machinabridge, I really liked it and Barret listing all of those Bahamuts was hilarious, when he said Lighting Returns Bahamut and in the end Bahamut Hearts 3 I couldn't stop laughing XD.

NTom64_HFC

Oct 27, 2017
Since the news of the hiatus they have repeatedly said that they will be working on it however they haven't explicitly said as to when it is coming out, however what they did say is that it is most certainly not going to come out this year..
That's fine, not much of the year to go anyway :P Thanks dude.

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only watch the channel for DBZ so I hope they find a way to continue it.

AYY LAMO

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland
Look before i start here i realize im going to get flamed so be gentle please
I cant be the only one furious here, i get it you want to make things perfect you want other projects to move onto when you inevitably finish DBZ to keep the group alive and youre making a `1.5 hour long episode but... guys... you make 100k+ through crowd funding and your production speed has lengthened (and to me quality has dropped) you're side projects (lets plays and shit) have been taking up so much time. Please explain why i should keep funding you when your content has slowed down since ive started handing MY money to you its ridiculous... i want to fund and support these guys but come on... give me a reason to want to.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look before i start here i realize im going to get flamed so be gentle please
I cant be the only one furious here, i get it you want to make things perfect you want other projects to move onto when you inevitably finish DBZ to keep the group alive and youre making a `1.5 hour long episode but... guys... you make 100k+ through crowd funding and your production speed has lengthened (and to me quality has dropped) you're side projects (lets plays and shit) have been taking up so much time. Please explain why i should keep funding you when your content has slowed down since ive started handing MY money to you its ridiculous... i want to fund and support these guys but come on... give me a reason to want to.
Don't get mad, just stop funding.

If they're not working on the things you want, and/or they're working on things you don't want, you shouldn't feel obligated to keep paying them. You're just putting more pressure on yourself. I'm sure TFS won't mind if you cut your donations to them, I'm sure they expect it. They know that if they work on certain things they'll make more money, and if they work on other things they'll make less money, and they take that into account and make their own decisions accordingly.

BTW, Kaiserneko is the editor/head writer on DBZ Abridged, and he's apparently the main bottleneck on DBZA since he refuses to hand off the editing to someone else who would edit faster, because he feels that his comedy is deeply tied to the editing so he needs to do it himself if he wants it to be done right. The side projects (let's plays and shit) aren't edited by Kaiserneko and don't slow down DBZA, they mostly give the rest of Team Four Star something to do while they're waiting for Kaiserneko.

Although AFAIK the current hiatus hasn't really been explained, and it's probably not the typical "waiting for Kaiserneko".

Edit: And then I start watching the new side project, and it seems to be written and edited by Kaiserneko?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arrrammis

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're kind of in a place where TFS is now a real business (full office, 10+ employees, official P.O. box, and an official dub of an anime in the works) instead of a handful of guys talking over skype, so they need to do more projects that actually make them money. Getting $11k per month on Patreon (before Patreon takes their cut and taxes) is good, but not enough to pay for all of the expenses of the business, not to mention employees. It's definitely a transition at the moment, and since DBZA is one of the projects that takes the most time as well as giving them the least revenue (DBZA gives them nothing except exposure), it makes sense that it would be put on hiatus while they made sure they can still survive economically. That's why there's so much gaming content as well as the new FourStarBento channel, which seems to be covering a lot of anime subjects and will probably be used to connect TeamFourStar to more anime bases, and give the writers something else to work on besides DBZA. Anyone who writes that kind of thing often has a few side projects or other focuses going on, because just working on that one thing for years (more than four years at this point) would drive anyone crazy.

KaiserNeko is kind of the head of TFS from what I understand, so with everything going on (as well as some of his recent health issues, which he hasn't publicly elaborated on, just saying that it wasn't life-threatening/debilitating but was enough to disrupt work), it's understandable that he would fall behind. I believe MasakoX has been helping with the editing for the more recent DBZA and Hellsing episodes, but I'm not completely sure, so they are working around that stuff, it's just uncharted territory for them.

The quality of the abridged series is better than ever IMO, (with the exception of some outstanding earlier episodes, mainly those with Freezer) and tuning into the episode reveal streams is neat because often TFS will give some insight into the process and issues they have with those episodes. If the only content that you're interested in is DBZA, then I don't blame you at all if you stop funding. DBZA is still their most popular show, so they'll definitely be doing more with it next year, but for now we're not getting anything until 2018 (except the DBcember countdown).

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SO they're going to be streaming episode 2 of Final Fantasy VII machinabridged season 2 in like 5 minutes on their twitch. It'll be on youtube at 6:30. Seems like they'll be doing this each week until the season is done

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm reminded of Rooster Teeth and how their fan parody took off.

I wonder if TFS could wind up even half as successful.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever talk about Attack on Titan Abridged? They had (have?) a post about it from 2014 or so, but I wondered if they have talked about it since then.

I liked their abridged more than the show itself.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize there was a catch-all TFS thread here.
I recommend watching TFS At the Table (their DnD stream). It's pretty hilarious.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to check out that stuff on their new channel as some of it sounds interesting like Kaiser taking a look at localizations.

Did they ever talk about Attack on Titan Abridged? They had (have?) a post about it from 2014 or so, but I wondered if they have talked about it since then.

I may be wrong, but I believe there were legal issues that arose that made them stop from going any further.

OP
OP
Arrrammis

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize there was a catch-all TFS thread here.
I recommend watching TFS At the Table (their DnD stream). It's pretty hilarious.

Agreed! And for anyone looking for more DnD stuff, Takahata101 (Voice of Alucard, Cell, Nappa, etc.) is also doing a campaign over on his twitch channel (which is uploaded later to his youtube channel) titled "The Unexpectables", featuring Senile Snake, Gaijin Goomba, and Chris Zito, and DMed by his sister Monty Glu. It's probably tied with Critical Role for my favorite tabletop show.

The best way to describe it is that if Critical Role is a grand soap opera/drama, The Unexpectables is a saturday morning anime.

They get asked a lot, basically the owners of the copyright went after them extremely hard, so they stopped at one episode.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They get asked a lot, basically the owners of the copyright went after them extremely hard, so they stopped at one episode.

Yeah . . . I guess I was hoping that, years later, they'd work at pursuing Attack on Titan again. But it's clear they have enough new ideas to keep things going. Are the Machinima videos worth checking out?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Tried to watch Hellsing Abridged, but since I gave up on anime before Hellsing was really a thing, I really couldn't get into it. Abridged shows really only work if you have a healthy love for the source material, I guess.

Hopefully some of their new content is good. I probably won't be watching their anime channel, but I'll keep an eye on the gaming channel for a while during the hiatus.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried to watch Hellsing Abridged, but since I gave up on anime before Hellsing was really a thing, I really couldn't get into it. Abridged shows really only work if you have a healthy love for the source material, I guess.

Hopefully some of their new content is good. I probably won't be watching their anime channel, but I'll keep an eye on the gaming channel for a while during the hiatus.
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Hellsing Abridged cause I don't have a love for Hellsing. Their FFVII Abridged series is fantastic though, even if you haven't played FFVII.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually watched Hellsing Abridged the other day and I enjoyed it a lot. Like DBA though, it starts off pretty meh before it skyrockets to alternate dub territory. Tbh, I find the more recent episodes better than the more recent DBA episodes (movies notwithstanding)

Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans/Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans.
I wonder which, to be honest.

Yeah it JUST occurred to me that Hatchiyack was in the thumbnail.

I don't believe high quality footage of the original exists(?) so they'll probably do the remake-ish.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
I was very LTTP on DBZA, and man was I missing out all these years. It's hilarious.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Started watching FF7 abridged last night and got very lucky, the new episode went up just as I caught up. It's a bit hit and miss compared to DBZ abridged but there's some quality moments too. The end of episode 7 is definitely my top moment so far but the opening bit with Tseng in the new episode got me good too.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Machinabridged got off to a notoriously bad start. Since then, the show's been pretty enjoyable. I think Kaizerneko's absence from the project still shows but that's okay.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Main difference with Machinabridged and DBZA is that DBZA has the personalities of the cast be mostly exaggerations of their personality from the show. Machinabridged is more original personalities.