Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not counting remakes, remasters and spin-off games, Ganondorf hasn't been the main villain of a Zelda since 2006's Twilight Princess.

I'm glad they gave him a rest but I didn't think it'd last this long. True, Ganon made a cameo in A Link Between Worlds and in Breath of the Wild Ganon was more of a force of nature than an actual character.

But hey, I'm pumped. The best Nintendo villain back, baby!

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I lost my shit, it hasn't felt that long but it HAS been that long

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Is he going to be the villain? Something tells me there will be more to his appearance than meets the eye.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I will always remember how he just showed up in the last 2 hours of Twilight Princess just to have everyone jump on his ass

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Yeah, 17 years is such a long time. Obviously there's been like Hyrule Warriors and stuff but when I see people talk about "oh it's just Ganon again" I am like... you don't understand. lol

Yo wtf is up with the spoiler? Come on now.
That's not a spoiler, it's been in every single teaser and trailer since the game was announced. It's the first thing we learned about it.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, feels like cheating to exclude Ganon appearances. I thought the whole point of Ganon in BotW was that Ganondorf was so far gone only the beastial form remained. Bit of a bummer to see him make an appearance here.

Especially with that horrible voice acting. Total mis-cast.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Yo wtf is up with the spoiler? Come on now.
This is reminding me of the run up to BotW when preview threads were invaded with weirdos screeching about spoilers being discussed. It's literally stuff in the trailer and marketing for the game, if you don't want to know about it then it's time to log off for a while.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
So you're blind on the trailer but still on the internet in gaming forums?
Yes, I've been on a blackout for all the trailers. This could have been a big moment for my play through. Speaking openly about it like it's not a big deal diminishes the experience. It's not weird to want to have a fresh experience. I find it weirder that you all don't have an issue with everything being spoiled in trailers nowadays.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Yes, I've been on a blackout for all the trailers. This could have been a big moment for my play through. Speaking openly about it like it's not a big deal diminishes the experience. It's not weird to want to have a fresh experience. I find it weirder that you all don't have an issue with everything being spoiled in trailers nowadays.

Bruh no one has an issue with you being blind. There's an issue with you not realizing it comes with a huge inherent risk.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Holy shit has it been that long? Damn.

Speaking of, where's my Twilight Princess remaster Nintendo?

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Breath of the Wild didn't come out 17 years ago and I don't understand how he was less of a "character" in botw versus like any of the first 4 Zelda games he was in?
I think the differentiation is just Ganon vs Ganondorf. Some games we get both forms, some games we get one form. But his human form hasn't shown up since TP.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild didn't come out 17 years ago and I don't understand how he was less of a "character" in botw versus like any of the first 4 Zelda games he was in?
People often make a distinction between Ganondorf (the guy, a Gerudo thief/king) and Ganon (the evil entity, a giant pig monster). One transforms into the other, but one is an actual person and the other is just a monster to kill.

In that sense, Ganondorf has only been the villain in four games - OOT, TWW, and TP, which makes it kind of a "no duh" thing. Ganondorf doesn't show up that often compared to Ganon proper.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Only "Ganon" appears in BotW, rather than Ganondorf. The series has increasingly made a distinction between Ganondorf the human vs Ganon as more of an ancient evil entity that always exists in some form.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
And it's all the same guy right? Ganondorf from Ocarina is the same Ganondorf in Windwaker and Twilight Princess. I wonder if it's the same here too.