• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 29, 2022
Techland is working on a new game:
Some of the staff are compossed of previous CD Projekt RED devs

FS9sebMXEAEvQMa

Are you ready to begin a new, thrilling journey with Techland?
We are hiring for the unannounced AAA Open World Action-RPG in a fantasy setting!
Join us now! techland.net/job-offers

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
We can be sure that it is a new IP that is not related to DL and will come to the current generation of consoles (PS5/XS) only, right?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The fantasy RPG team's staff includes:
  • Karolina Stachyra – Narrative director who previously worked with CD Projekt RED on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, plus its downloadable content.
  • Arkadiusz Borowik – Narrative lead who previously worked with CD Projekt RED on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, plus its downloadable content.
In just the last few months, the team was also joined by:
  • Bartosz Ochman – Open world director who previously worked on Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.
  • Mario Maltezos – Creative director who previously worked with companies like Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros. (Mad Max), and Microsoft.
  • David McClure – Lead game designer previously associated with Arkane Studios (DEATHLOOP), Deep Silver, and Playground Games.
  • Kevin Quaid – Lead animator with over eight years of experience at Guerrilla Games, working on titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn and its expansion, "The Frozen Wilds."
  • Marcin Surosz – Lead user interface / user experience designer with amazing skill in defining players' needs, formerly with People Can Fly.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Perhaps they can build dynamic resolution and upscaling in their engine too

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Big fan of both Dying Light games, so I'm definitely excited to see what they can do with an RPG.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Good to see they are continuing with their Chrome engine instead of dumping it and go full UE5

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
That staff list including CDPR vets is a good pedigree. This will be on my radar based on that description and leadership alone.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
I was never interested in Dying Light's setting or genre, but the mechanics and systems always seemed really interesting. Bringing those things into a fantasy setting definitely has me interested.

Senjuro

Oct 10, 2019
Open world so much the default these days that it would be more useful to announce when a AAA game doesn't have it.

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
Concept art is interesting because it strikes me as not Western or Eastern European fantasy. I honestly was expecting it to be inspired by Slavic fantasy kinda like Witcher but it's not. It reminds me of Central America from the foliage and the ruined temple (I think). Specifically the Mayan ruins on the coast. Another detail that I noticed is that the character seems to be similarly dressed as a conquistador.

Well I like that it's a new fantasy setting rather than generic Western European fantasy. I hope Techland can deliver on this because more diverse fantasy settings are always great

Jun 2, 2019
I wasn't interested in Dying Light, but I think a fantasy game with that kind of traversal could be interesting.

Just no first person, please.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Sounds interesting. Really enjoyed dying light 2, I thought the game could have done with better story/writing but the gameplay was really fun in first person. It's mostly a melee like game, putting it in a fantasy like setting would be cool especially if they keep some of the parkour stuff. I like fantasy more than Zombie setting.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So the open world director worked on 2077 and Witcher 3. Well this being fantasy based at least inspires more confidence the open world will be stronger than 2077's.

The narrative director and leads from Witcher 2 and 3 (plus dlc) has me optimistic about the story.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Uzupedro said:
Karolina Stachyra – Narrative director who previously worked with CD Projekt RED on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, plus its downloadable content.

Very interesting.

She was one of the two writers of the Bloody Baron storyline, plus the senior writer for Hearts of Stone.

She's one of the best in the industry (imo) and it's exciting to see her involved in this.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Uzupedro said:
  • Karolina Stachyra – Narrative director who previously worked with CD Projekt RED on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, plus its downloadable content.

Huh, there are some great devs working on this. I wasn't really interested on this game before but this info has definitely piqued my interest now, the story in Witcher 3 DLCs were fantastic.