Oct 25, 2017
Hi folks!

I gave my Xbox 360 as a hand me down gift to my little cousin.

Here's the thing, I want to play Red Dead, Undead Nightmare (for the first time) I never realized I had this game in my library, I do want to play it and not give it away... So I've decided to buy a used 360 off of Craigslist, I found a very cheap 4GB model xbox. I never got too into the technicalities of the xbox 360, I simply need one just to play Undead nightmare, I really don't care about anything else, heck I don't even go on XBOX Live.

So two questions.

1) Can I easily extend the 4GB storage on a 360 with a USB flash drive, for game save, and game content storage purposes? (Basically: Would I be able to play Red Dead Redemption AND Undead Nightmare with a 4GB 360, or would I run into limited storage issues?)

2) Can I manually (without goin on xbox live) can I save my Red Dead Redemption Save game from my old Xbox 360 onto a flash drive or something and transfer it to my new (4GB xbox)?

Sorry if these questions come off very ignorant and basic, I really never bothered to do anything to my old xbox, It had lots of storage, I basically turned it one and played it.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it's a digital game you're talking about, it depends on how big the game is and I don't know how big it is...so yeah. If it's a physical game, 4gb is should be enough just for that purpose.

You can transfer saves to a USB stick as well via the memory management. Don't need Xbox Live, just make sure your Gamertag is being transferred to the USB drive.

OP
OP
Johnny Cage itS
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a digital game you're talking about, it depends on how big the game is and I don't know how big it is...so yeah. If it's a physical game, 4gb is should be enough just for that purpose.

You can transfer saves to a USB stick as well via the memory management. Don't need Xbox Live, just make sure your Gamertag is being transferred to the USB drive.
No, it's a hard copy game, this sounds promising... I honestly don't want to complicate things, a guy selling me a mint condition 4GB 360 for 25 bucks, with two controllers, I just want to pick it up, bring it home, pop the game in and play me Undead Nightmare...(shouldn't be a problem to log into my Xbox Account either) Is there a cheap alternative to upgrading memory? or maybe keep looking for another used 360 on Craigslist with a larger storage capacity?

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, it's a hard copy game, this sounds promising... I honestly don't want to complicate things, a guy selling me a mint condition 4GB 360 for 25 bucks, with two controllers, I just want to pick it up, bring it home, pop the game in and play me Undead Nightmare...(shouldn't be a problem to log into my Xbox Account either) Is there a cheap alternative to upgrading memory? or maybe keep looking for another used 360 on Craigslist with a larger storage capacity?
At 25$ that's honestly a steal lol. Not sure you'll find something comparable to that price.

To upgrade storage, it depends on the model.

For fats you can go to GameStop and pick up a 20gb for 6.99
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-20gb-hard-drive-refurbished/42322

For slims you can get a 120gb for 24.99
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/a...ard-drive-gamestop-premium-refurbished/119136

OP
OP
Johnny Cage itS
Oct 25, 2017
^ thanks for the great info! yeah it is a good deal , I think its a fat, as it looks identical to my old one, except this one is white. Actually it's this guy right here!

maxresdefault.jpg

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There was a firmware that allowed you to store games/saves on a flash drive upto 32GB. They now expanded on that and you can use external HDDs exceeding 2TB

OP
OP
Johnny Cage itS
Oct 25, 2017
That's great news, so in more words or less, these 4GB "cheaper" 360's are still a great value for the casual (old Skool disc) gamer who isn't looking to download ship ton of media and digital games, right? I mean, I DO have a few 126GB USB flash drives kicking around the apartment, if I can plug one in and use it as a proper game storage media, I'd be more than happy with this $25 xbox. Let's just hope the thing works and he's
not trying to rip me off.

OP
OP
Johnny Cage itS
Oct 25, 2017
So to my great disappointment, I can't play Destiny or Titanfall, on one of these 4GB 360's Even when I have a 126GB USB Flash drive plugged into the Xbox "You'll need a HDD to play Destiny on your xbox" I get a message similar to that! ugh!

Anyone have a work around? or I will be needing to buy a hard drive? Luckily I have a "Slim" version console.