Shan

Oct 27, 2017
doa2 and 3 were cash money tho
Like... how is it cute, they're not lying. You can play the game for free and that training mode feature is in there for free. If you're going to start about nickle and diming for costumes, where's the non whack create-a-character costume DLC in tekken?
Oh i'm not saying they're wrong and yes you're right as well but it just makes me scoff to see them throw shades with their insanely priced season passes. Yes i'm aware the tweet only talks about frame data (and yes tekken should give those for free)so shitting on their passes pricing doesn't really change that fact but I don't know, that's just the reaction I got. Sorry~

Oct 25, 2017
The DOA season pass price is definitely obscene. They also locked a good Nyotengu costume behind it once and that's totally unforgivable.

Last edited:

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe
I would love to see the last time most of the people continuously complaining even booted up Tekken. You guys don't have to fear this setting some "precedent" since your game of choice will just keep subsidizing all your "free" and groundbreaking features with 30, pointless to the gameplay, character costumes.

Obviously it is impossible to be critical of a game you like.

Hint: It's not lol

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Some fanboys really pissed off at that DOA tweet lol.
I don't blame TN for pushing out that, even with the potential backlash, it was worth saying.
Some talking about sales numbers or season pass prices are completely missing the point (probably on purpose), with some equivalent of console war arguments...

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
DOA

giphy.gif

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Yet they cut nyotengu and momiji from base game to sell them few months later, when they are in the data of the game and were basically free features in the past 🤷‍♂️ Not even bothering to change their designs or something, Same can be said for costumes that were in base DOA5 but are being sold in 6

a silly situation all around

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yet they cut nyotengu and momiji from base game to sell them few months later, when they are in the data of the game and were basically free features in the past 🤷‍♂️ Not even bothering to change their designs or something, Same can be said for costumes that were in base DOA5 but are being sold in 6

a silly situation all around
By that logic you might as well talk about Tekken fighters that were cut and came back in 7... Same with costumes.
That has nothing to do with frame data and you know it.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
By that logic you might as well talk about Tekken fighters that were cut and came back in 7... Same with costumes.
That has nothing to do with frame data and you know it.
They were added with new designs and moves and after a long while, some were changed drastically so it feel there is a lot of effort bringing them
Eliza was a pre order bonus tbf, always forget about her, but cause its not main character in main games
With Momiji they used the excuse of her being a guest character even though she is more known in DOA, and even present in DOA Xtreme, not forgetting that Ryu Hayabusa is still present in the base game

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is a good idea. The Tekken team deserves all the money but this may set a bad precedent.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
They were added with new designs and moves and after a long while, some were changed drastically so it feel there is a lot of effort bringing them
Eliza was a pre order bonus tbf, always forget about her, but cause its not main character in main games
With Momiji they used the excuse of her being a guest character even though she is more known in DOA, and even present in DOA Xtreme, not forgetting that Ryu Hayabusa is still present in the base game
Hayabusa has been in DOA in every game since the first one. Momiji has been in a single DOA game before 6. Weird comparison.

But again, you're just typing stuff that has nothing to do with the whole point of the thread, similar to the people on twitter saying "yeah but Tekken sold more than DOA!".

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
Just a reminder that NRS added an in-depth tutorial in Injustice 2 a year after release FOR FREE.

u620099_.jpg

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Hayabusa has been in DOA in every game since the first one. Momiji has been in a single DOA game before 6. Weird comparison.

But again, you're just typing stuff that has nothing to do with the whole point of the thread, similar to the people on twitter saying "yeah but Tekken sold more than DOA!".
Just talking about features in general which i think is a fair point , sales comparisons are just silly and embarrassing , as well as "jealous!" comment from the producer , that was just cringe