• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The actual number of figures sold were mentioned during KawaiiFaceMiles & MainMan's Tekken Talk stream to be over 2.5 million. The thing mentioned in 4Gamer was that Tekken 7 was fast approaching the 3 million mark, not that it already exceeded it.

The Japanese gaming site 4Gamer is doing their brief year-end interview with notable figures in the Japanese gaming industry to give us updates and comments to make over the next coming year. Katsuhiro Harada was again one of the people featured and was able to give us a sales update for home versions of Tekken 7. According to him, Tekken 7 saw over 2 million copies sold within the first 2 months after its launch back in June but that figure is now fast approaching the 3 million copies landmark after half a year. He also mentioned that for this time around, Tekken 7 has seen the most post launch support from the series and hopes to be able to continue updating it and giving the title support for the next year. If you have any kind of requests to make about what you hope to see in Tekken 7 in the future, you can tweet them to Harada directly at @Harada_TEKKEN. You might see some Japanese on his timeline but he says don't be shy to tweet the suggestions in English too if you happen to have them. His notable game and movie for the year happened to be Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch) and Atomic Blonde (2017) by the way.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...eed-25-million-units-over-this-past-year.html

HMSKaS.gif

Go cop that T7 if you haven't already.

EDIT: Updated the article.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The loadtimes on my base PS4 are borderline unbearable so I sadly won't get it. Congrats on the sales though, really good game.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
1. Friend tells me to get Tekken PC even though I've never played Tekken
2. Friend creams me in multiple VS matches and I consider uninstalling
3. I decide to main Asuka and look up how to parry and one basic combo
4. I rank up to Brawler.
5. I challenge my friend again and finally beat him.
6. Friend tells me I should use this controller:

This game is great.

Last edited:

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Great game, deserved sales.

As usual, Tekken seems very very scaleable for achieving fun factor. You can have a lot of fun not knowing how to play competitively, but there's enough depth there to go nuts.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I would but I hear it is very newbie unfriendly. I'm intimidated.

Try it! The sheer popularity of Tekken 7 makes it very newbie friendly, simply because there are tons of new players online. At low levels you can mash out victories. Paradoxically, it only gets really hard once you start to learn what you're doing.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
1. Friend tells me to get Tekken PC even though I've never played Tekken
2. Friend creams me in multiple VS matches and I consider uninstalling
3. I decide to main Asuka and look up how to parry and one basic combo
4. I rank up to Brawler.
5. I challenge my friend again and finally beat him.
5. Friend tells me I should use this controller:

This game is great.
That's pretty much the cycle to fighting games, lol. It's a rite of passage to fighting game newcomers at this point.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Someone with more ResetEra clout than I should start a Tekken 7 Steam id swap thread. Would like to play with some of you provided you're A-OK with demolishing a 35 year old Canadian.

In less than a year I've already made more Steam friends from Tekken than I ever did playing TF2 or Dota or anything else. The revenge match mechanic builds such a cool comradery between equally-skilled players.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017

This.

To be honest, the reason I decided to main Asuka was because she's one of the least stupid looking characters in the game, especially after going into the costume editor and giving her normal-people clothes. It was just a happy coincidence that she happened to be very noob friendly.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Man I feel sad whenever these T7 threads come out because I know you were wanting Lei and yet nothing about the classics have come out yet. He mentioned more support for the next year so I really hope it's some classic characters.

Heh, sorry for being a broken record. At this point Harada is worse than Polyphony at announcing plans and putting out updates. I paid full price thinking I was buying in for robust support, but there's nothing for me except for a few things locked behind paid DLC. It's hard to still believe this mantra that Bamco is a poor, needy developer and Tekken doesn't sell anymore and I should just feel lucky to have a new Tekken at all.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Try it! The sheer popularity of Tekken 7 makes it very newbie friendly, simply because there are tons of new players online. At low levels you can mash out victories. Paradoxically, it only gets really hard once you start to learn what you're doing.

I'm horrible at Tekken but I can vouch for it being easier online than other fighters to start with. There are plenty of people as lost as you are. One of the odd benefits of the game being so absurdly layered and complex is that there's less of a sudden divide between new players and slightly competent players.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I picked Tekken 7 up but I find these games so much harder to tap into than Street Fighter. I feel totally lost.

berryman69

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I want to get this at some point. I prefer PC for 4K, but you know I hear the fighting game crowd is big on PS4? Are Steam fighting games with decent communities still? I am always afraid that I will get the game and only get to play against hardcore Jerry kicking my ass all over the place.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Nice! I picked Tekken 7 up but I find these games so much harder to tap into than Street Fighter. I feel totally lost.

It's way harder than SF. But it's worth it.

Theres a YouTube channel called "that blasted salami" that does really easy to watch breakdowns. Especially smooth if you have a little background in other fighters.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the game have decent single player stuff besides tutorials? The game has flown completely under my radar which is weird considering I like Tekken.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I want to get this at some point. I prefer PC for 4K, but you know I hear the fighting game crowd is big on PS4? Are Steam fighting games with decent communities still? I am always afraid that I will get the game and only get to play against hardcore Jerry kicking my ass all over the place.

I don't know about the populations but I can tell you that it's pretty soft looking or even a bit blurry on a regular ps4. Runs great and loads quick, at least. And I think it looks really good, overall. Going to be nowhere near the clarity of 4k on PC tho. Even the pro version is 1080.