Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Stood up to a bully on a bus during a night out once. Guy was harassing a timid dude, trying to steal his backpack right off of him. I stood up and told the bully to get the fuck off the bus at the next stop whilst his back was towards me. The guy turns round, ready to kick off, and his face is at my chest level. He tried acting the big man but quietly stepped off at the next stop. The victim was so relieved he sat behind me until he had to get off and thanked me for helping him out. Even had a couple of drunk girls cheer for me.

Standing up to bullies can be either a simple or difficult thing, given the circumstances, but it makes you feel like a badass when it's done.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
When I was in my twenties, I broke a guy's nose in a 3v1 fight and the other two guys ran away.

A couple of years later I defended myself from a guy armed with police baton while also being attacked by his dog - it got me a couple of scars, but I disarmed him, put him on the ground and held him there until the police arrived, all the while bleeding from a cut on my forehead.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
On my first day horseback riding ever, in South Africa, I caught a runaway horse. On a twelve feet wide ridge along a 45 feet drop. Don't know if that's stupid or bad ass. Bit of both I guess. Just glad my testicles survived the switching between trotting, cantering and galloping.

Also, and something I'm actually a bit proud of; I'm well on my way to beating social and general anxiety, symptoms of depression, non existent attachment, an underdeveloped ego, avoident and dependent personality disorder and all sorts of dissociations. Which I've had for about 28 years, been working on it for two and a half, and I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be that much longer.

Last edited:

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I beat cancer.

So far.
Yeah i often read this. And people often tell me i beat cancer. And as badass as it sounds, i personally honestly wouldn't go any further than "i survived cancer" :p. There wasn't much left of me to actively fight. I lucked out.
Proud that my body was able to overcome all of the disease and the treatment of course. But i never felt i actively beat it. Anyway, good to read you came on top. What type, if i may ask?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zombine

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Season 15, Episode 18: Death From Above. My character (Carl Higby? They may have changed his name, don't remember) is the dead body on the rooftop and on the autopsy table. Believe it or not, I actually had to audition for that.

Yep I absolutely saw this. I guess that's the one time being stiff during an audition is a good thing? 🌝

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
Survivors of serious illnesses are the real mvps here.

Myself, I've done tons of weird shit in my life. One story that stands out is once after receiving a pretty serious beatdown I went to the emergency room and had my skull x-rayed. The nurse was like «you realize your nose had been broken at some point in your life, and has completely healed by itself?» I had literally no idea it'd ever been broken, even though I wasn't very surprised by the fact.

OP
OP
Zombine

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing I did was I accidentally worked on a Christian propaganda film after I tricked them into thinking I was an editor. 😂

I eventually left and never came back

Jun 24, 2019
On the first day back to school, there was a huge welcome banner that said CLASS OF 2011. Me and my friends grabbed the C & L and dump them in the toilets.

Most recent, is rafting through rapids during a storm in Turkey.

upd: Another time I won tug of war, 1 v 6. I took them all down' twas a glorious moment.

Last edited:

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
I bartend in a nice hidden cocktail-bar in Toronto and on the busy nights, we would constantly have guests just gawking at us while we made drinks. I work with a pretty awesome crew and I'm pretty proud that we make bartending engaging and fun with virtually no use of flare. We definitely have some technical chops (quadruple stirring drinks, double straining with one hand, etc.) but its all tailored to getting drinks out quickly without cutting quality, which give us more time to work on other shtick to get people engaged. Definitely left some nights feeling like a "badass."

I also convinced every patron in the bar one night to take a giant group photo on a polaroid. That just...doesn't really happen in most places.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've surfed in hurricanes. Leaped off a pier to get past the break to do so many times. Then the pier got destroyed by a hurricane.

Ran from and escaped the cops from two separate house parties. Dove out a window Matrix style the first time. I don't know if that's bad ass but it felt like it at the time.

Got into a fight with a much larger, much stronger KKK / nazi/ whatever (he was screaming the n-word and slapped a black woman, which is why me and my friends stepped in) at some event back in 2012 or 2013. Managed to dodge most of his flurry of punches then hold him down and knock him out. Dislocated my shoulder and my jaw didn't feel right for months but hey, I knocked out a nazi.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shattered my leg at 4 different sections, continued to go to the gym while recovering. 3 months later started walking again. I got a giant scar on my left leg as a reminder.

Folks at the gym called me f*'n Crazy.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Stood up to a bully on a bus during a night out once. Guy was harassing a timid dude, trying to steal his backpack right off of him. I stood up and told the bully to get the fuck off the bus at the next stop whilst his back was towards me. The guy turns round, ready to kick off, and his face is at my chest level. He tried acting the big man but quietly stepped off at the next stop. The victim was so relieved he sat behind me until he had to get off and thanked me for helping him out. Even had a couple of drunk girls cheer for me.

Standing up to bullies can be either a simple or difficult thing, given the circumstances, but it makes you feel like a badass when it's done.

That's very cool.

Another small thing i did when i was in Belgium once was order in french at a... turkish place, i think. I think it was turkish food. The man only spoke french and my french is very, very limited (like merci and oui and non kind of limited), but i managed to learn the language while i was speaking to him enough to actually order food for two. It was pretty awesome. And the food was great.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
When I was about ten I seen two kids holding the local stray cat, hitting it then launching into the river. I pushed one over, they ran away and I jumped into the river and got the cat.

Which then proceeded to scratch the fuck out of me the ungrateful shit so I tossed it back in.
Not really

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Edged out a handful of established professors, secured ~1,3 million € of funding for a 5 year project and set up one of the larger regional support-projects for refugees in Northern Germany, including an in-depth scientific study about specific problems in the labor market for further developing the regional support systems.

It doesn't feel very badass in the day-to-day life but when put in perspective, I feel like I could have done worse.

This is very awesome. And worthwhile.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
After many failed attempts I successfully sold a cartoon television show. Whether it ends up being actually made is to be determined. But still!

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Not really badass, unless "that's your fetish", but once me and a friend had met up in the middle of the day and had a few beers, we felt horny, found a quiet spot behind a shopping mall (although people would still walk passed every now and again), we started making out and touching each other up, and one thing led to another and she started giving me a blowjob.

I'm quite introverted and haven't had a lot of sexual experience in my life and am usually seen as a "good, homely" guy so to speak, but that was quite the out of character experience to say the least. In a Muslim majority country as well, albeit in the major city of one of the most Secular ones.

Alcohol and horniness will even make the most introverted person GO WILD lmao.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I once dove into river and dislocated my shoulder when I hit the water

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Some fun highlights:
  • Went to space camp, met Alan Sheppard.
  • Jumped out of a few planes.
  • Visited Chernobyl, saw the sarcophagus.
  • Called out the TSA for harassment at SFO. Made them hold a sold out flight for me on Xmas eve.
  • Skipped a work after party to attend a PMotY party down the street.
  • Made a round-the-world trip for work.
  • Took the controls of a US Navy P-3 Orion as a teen.
I once stepped on a lego barefoot and only cried for 10 minutes.

F.

I skydived from 20k ft...without a chute.

Luke?

When I was in my twenties, I broke a guy's nose in a 3v1 fight and the other two guys ran away.

46948.jpg

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Saved my brother from drowning
Survived a botched surgery, though not sure if it counts since theres not much you do about that

Looking at the other replies, I really have to step up my game lol

Oct 27, 2017
The only "badass" thing I've done (which was more terrifying in the moment) was when I outran the cops deep in Brooklyn.

There's also the time I got hit in the face with a metal baseball bat.... and lived. So I guess the surviving part is kinda cool.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Band's name was the Loathsome Marauders. Don't know if you're gonna get the experience they did, watching a bunch of drunk angry young Appalachia boys tear up a stage, but there's stuff out there. My oldest friend was our lead guitarist for most of that time and we just knew how to improv off each other. Album (which is a tiny percentage of our actual written material) is mixed like garbage btw lmao

Last edited:

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The funk band I was in for like 8 years co headlined a music festival with Buddy Guy. We played in several very cool places, a speakeasy that At one time had America's largest collection of Whiskey, in a major downtown metropolitan area, and a low key spot that literal legends played at, with their pictures adorning the walls, deep rich wood seats and a very intimate atmosphere, in Michigan. The city we are from holds entertainment awards, and we also won best band in our genre, best new album, but also best live performance out of every single band in the entire city. Everything seemingly was going well, but, as it always happens, one person's head got far too big, others didn't like it, and we split. The person running our online completely scrubbed our online presence, even shutting down our own online resource that was 100% private, so I can't even go and relive my glory days when I've had too much to drink.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When I was in high school 20 years ago, I used to play air hockey at the arcade a lot with my buddies and random people at the arcade. A friend and I were talking about a recent tournament we played in when a classmate we weren't really friends with started talking shit about how he'd destroy me in air hockey. So that weekend, we met up to play.

As most probably know, an air hockey game ends when someone gets to 7 points. I went down 6-0 and every time dude scored a goal, the trash talking went up a notch. I somehow managed an epic come back and won 7-6. I played flawlessly those last 7 points. My up the middle shot was unstoppable. Hit a few off speed shots to throw him off and my defense was impenetrable. Shit was crazy.

Also last year, my two sisters and their boyfriends came to my house to visit from out of state. The months leading up to the visit, my younger sister kept telling me her bf was going to wreck me in mario kart, as we grew up playing it together a lot and according to her, she could never beat him. I explained to her that I'm pretty fucking good and had continued to play a lot over the years. But every time we talked, he was in the background talking shit.

So when they came over we played 7 tournaments. Not only did I get first in every tournament, i got first in every single race. Dude was humbled.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
I executed a perfect flying kick against a bully in high school.
When you see people flying away after a hit in kung fu movies... it's not entirely bullshit because I remember the guy being sent flying at least a good meter and a half.
He got up and ran away full speed.

Another time on another bully I grabbed his head and slammed it against a locker hard enough he lost consciousness instantly and just casually walked away while his whole gang around us stood there stunned. I have no idea if I hurt the guy badly or not... hopefully he was fine after.

* I went to the worst fucking high school and all of that was done in self-defense after they started the hits.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woke up and escaped a cult.

Survived 160 hours of work in 8 days during a crazy situation.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I found a sarkoma metastasis deep in someone's thigh by touch alone during a check-up. Bam.

I made the most perfect little boy.

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
I don't know how bad ass it actually is but most of the times in my life where I felt badass were when I was standing up to people bullying me or my friends. Most of my life there was a group of kids who would harass the shit out of me and would often convince people I knew to turn on me or convice people to be my friend so they can betray me later.

For instance I think I was in grade 7 or 8. We were having a small assembly with a couple other classes to watch a movie. My friends and I sat at the front and the dudes who would typically bully me came up and were like "uh you're in our spot, you better move before we do something about it" but we refused so they started smacking and shoving us, and the guy grabbed my shirt to make me stand up. So I stood up. I broke his hands off my shirt and then I grabbed him. I said something like "No. You're going to sit over there!" and threw him over the chair and into the chairs behind us and knocked all of the chairs that were laid out all over the place. Everyone jumped away and gasped. Almost all 3 classes just saw me own this guy. The teacher stormed over and I got kicked out of the assembly and got detention for a week. He had a massive bruise on his back. In the long run I think it worked against me though, since they were the popular kids so it made it easier for them to convince more people to gang up on me.

Another instance, a couple years later. Behind my house there was a subdivision being built and at the time it was just a massive field of open basements holes and my friends and I would always hangout there. One day I was there with a friend and we were just walking around talking, I turned my back to him and he got me in a headlock and started strangling me. Telling me he was never really my friend and how he only befriended me so he could gain my trust and get me in a situation where him and the guys from the previous story could kick my ass. He told me they knew I was there and were coming to gang up on me. He was leaning on top of me on the ground and I was sort of on my knees. At that point I was struggling to breath and was pretty worried I was going to pass out. I put all the force into my legs to push upwards and managed to roll him over my back and off me which broke the headlock. We both stood up and started fist fighting. He punched at my face and I dodged it and clocked him in the chin which knocked him backwards and he fell down into one of the empty basements. He laid motionless face down in the mud and stared down at him and told him to get fucked and if he needed help getting out then I'd guess he'd have to wait for a friend to arrive and I walked away. It felt like the ending to a movie.

Admittedly I was a bit concerned, especially considering there was no way he would have been able to get out on his own because it was just an 8-9 foot mud hole. But he was alright in the end. I wasn't really interested in hanging around if those other guys were really coming because they hung out in a group of like 8-10 people and had no problem ganging up on you 10-1. Not to mention the lot was full of boards with nails in them, hammers, and other tools which they would absoloutly use.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Lost my first two career jobs due to undiagnosed ADHD affecting my performance, was unemployed for a year, and then got a job where I actually did well. This led to a series of jobs that were basically the same job but under different employers, to where I am now with an EXTREMELY stable job that pays well. The employer I am working under right now is definitely where I'll be staying until retirement. I'm a developer.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
I was doing some light parkour before I knew what it was at 6 years old. I remember jumping off my aunt's balcony on to a tree and jumping back into the house through an open window like how Bourne did it in The Bourne Ultimatum. Could have snapped my neck or smashed my legs if I fell. My cousin's thought it was badass but unfortunately, one of the neighbors noticed and ratted. Didn't feel so badass after the punishment.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it counts but I once sang Everlong in a karaoke bar in front of a rather big audience and I nailed it so much they all went wild after that. Felt badass in that moment for sure.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
There was a war in my country and the army came to my village looking for volunteers. I stepped forward but because I was a young girl I was not allowed to fight. I cut my hair and stole my father's armour, pretending to be a boy. I was able to join the army and after a series of adventures that included my real identity being revealed, defeated our enemy's evil general, bringing peace to our homeland and improving attitudes toward women.

Oct 30, 2017
When I was in high school, I discovered an oversight in the network administration tools of our school computer network, which allowed anyone to create new user accounts without the sort of disk space restrictions that student accounts had. So I used this to download the shareware version of Quake and then shared the rights to it with a whole bunch of other people so that we could play deathmatch in the school computer room. We told the student tutors that we had work to do to borrow their key and play in the evening and over weekends. Eventually, we got caught, because we were dumb teenagers and didn't really do much to hide anything. The sys admin just walked in one evening and 'shut down your computers and go back to your houses'. He asked for the keys, I gave them to him, and then I left. Nothing ever happened to me. I guess he was probably more concerned about his own job.

When I was in university, a couple of my housemates and I were watching Shaun of the Dead, for some reason I even remember which part we were at, and heard this big bang come from outside. My two housemates though it was a gunshot, so we stayed indoors for a little while to hear if there were more, and then I decided to go take a closer look. Once I opened the front door, there was some smoke in the air, and I turned to the house next to us, which some of our friends, also students, lived in. The whole one side for it was filled with roaring flames. The neighbour from the other side must have also thought it was a gunshot or something, since he came out with a baseball bat (I always remember that part, because it was so weird, since almost no-one plays baseball here). We saw that a girl there was trapped inside, luckily in a room on the ground floor right at the front with a big window. So he smashed the window and I got her to put some bedding over the loose glass and then we pulled her out. Luckily no-one else was in the house at the time. It turned out that the fire had been electrical, but the person in the house hadn't realised and had thrown water on the fire, and that caused the bang we heard. Our friends in the house were in a band and had all their equipment in the house, and none of them were rich enough to just replace it right away. By some amazing turn of fortune, none of their equipment was damaged in the fire.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One time my mother accidentally left the bird cage open and the bird got out. However, I was the only one home and I was in bed still. It was only when I heard a faint flapping noise that I decided to check out what was going on. As soon as saw that the bird got out, the three dogs we owned also saw it as well. All of us pounced for the bird and I had to fight off three dogs to save that thing from being mauled. Only injury that I got out of it was the bird biting through my thumb because it was scared shitless.

It was pure fucking fate that I woke up in time to hear that bird and that the dogs had not seen it before then, because that bird was meant to die that day were it not for me and my impeccable speed.