Status
Not open for further replies.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Considering they were fucking over people up to the last minute (hiring and relocating new employees a week before bankruptcy), who'd want to risk trying for a full-time job there?
The new Telltale is not affiliated with the old Telltale. It's just another company buying the name and assets. Think THQ Nordic or Atari.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
It's probably going to be their back catalogue back on steam and probably EGS (dope) and then some big licenses like Big Bang Theory or something.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Let's hope they're going to evolve, or revolutionize, the games. I loved their style, but always felt like they were standing still in many ways. I mostly hope most people can get their original job back, if they want.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Temp freelance with the 'possibilty' of full-time later, reads as "give us your knowledge, then kindly f off".

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Hopefully Minecraft is one of them

I also hope they can manage to maintain budget and not go broke like the last group....

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
Fuck the freelancers aspect to this. The first priority for a relaunched Telltale should be getting full time jobs for anyone who hasn't been able to get a new job yet, not continuing that job insecurity.

why is it the new owners responsibility to pay reparations?
especially exclusively hiring back the people that cant get a job... going out of your way to find the least-hirable people from a studio that was managed, ran, and staffed extremely poorly is just about the dumbest thing you could ever do if you actually wanted the studio to survive.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
I really wish it rather wouldn't. Its demise should serve as a cautionary tale not something to be brought back up and dusted off to be 'revived'

Hiring former 'permanently employed' workers are free lancers with vague promises of full time employment is gross.

Oct 27, 2017
Batman S3?
giphy.gif

I'm cautiously optimistic, but not hopeful

Oct 27, 2017
only care about monkey island and sam & max so hopefully they drop some more of those titles

otherwise there's nothing for me to really get excited about

baggage

Oct 25, 2017
It's the people that make the company, not the name, and with Telltale largely working with licensed titles, those titles can be used by, say, another studio with staff that worked on the license when they were at telltale

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
More like they bought all their old clothes and started stalking their old friends saying 'hey, it's me your pal, I'm not dead!'
Are they though? The "revival" claim seems to be Polygon's headline, not a quote from the actual new owners. The new guys just talk about staying small and investigating what they can do with the assets they've bought.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Ottilie said that some workers from the original Telltale Games will be offered freelance roles, with full-time positions possible in the future.

Who is seriously gonna return for this? I think the trust has been shattered.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Are they though? The "revival" claim seems to be Polygon's headline, not a quote from the actual new owners. The new guys just talk about staying small and investigating what they can do with the assets they've bought.
Are they calling themselves Telltale and trying to convince old telltale staff to basically do them favors?

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, if they at the very least manage to get some of Telltale's back catalog available on digital storefront's again, I'll consider this a win. It's the games that are important to many, not the name of the company. As for the whole 'freelance' bit, they likely want to see for themselves where the demand for these properties lie before being fully committal.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm not going to get my hopes up for anything besides the back catalog being offered again until I see something different.

Apr 8, 2018
As a Telltale Games fan this sounds exciting, but I won't get my hopes up just yet. Never heard of LCG Entertainment before and one of the heads being mostly known for mobile games doesn't instill much confidence.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't Telltale Games. This is an ambulatory corpse masquerading as Telltale Games.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of LCG Entertainment before and one of the heads being mostly known for mobile games doesn't instill much confidence.

My ultimate monkey's paw nightmare is they start releasing Telltale-style games with Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery-esque microtransactions everywhere.

Wanna make a choice? YOU'RE OUT OF ENERGY! WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY MORE????

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they will be able to sell the licensed games or if they need new contracts for that. If not, they would only have Puzzle Agent and nothing else, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.