• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
bannerv1.png

Temtem is a creature collecting and battling game set in the Airborne Archipelago. It is being released on Steam in early access after a successful kickstarter and alpha test that lasted over a year for kickstarter backers. The developers are Crema games who have also developed Immortal Redneck. Crema has stated that they wanted to develop Temtem because they were inspired by Pokemon and wanted to bring their own take onto the creature catching genre.

a4bf303a9f6cf182b0f57da85d4c3660_original.png

Story Campaign

Temtem features a fleshed-out story campaign. Journey across six islands and embark on the adventure of becoming a Temtem tamer while fighting against the evil Clan Belsoto.
Note: Currently early access consists of 3 out of the 6 islands of the story. These islands take around 30-35 hours or more to complete. They will also be adding an end game island which is touched on in a trailer down below.

gif_campaign.gif

Online World

The days of traveling solo are over; in Temtem the world is a massively multiplayer one. Tamers from around the world can join and you will be able to see them around you, living the adventure with you and fighting to become the best Temtem tamer. Chill with strangers, make new friends and battle them or trade your goodies; the dynamic online world is full of possibilities.

Temtem currently features the ability to play through the entire game in co op mode. Since battles are 2v2, each person controls one Temtem in battle. Each player can have a party of 6, but only the first three in the party will be used for each person. If all of your temtem die during a battle, then your partner can use more than one of theirs to finish the fight.

gif_mmo.gif

Housing

Buy your own house at Atoll Row and decorate it your way. Buy new furniture, color your walls and you'll be ready to invite your friends over! Note: Housing is currently not available in early access but will be added shortly after launch.

gif_housing.gif

Customize

Customize your character to stand out from the crowd and get new cosmetics while you battle other tamers.

gif_customize.gif

Competitive

Temtem battles are the most important aspect of every new tamer's job. Competitive battles take it up a notch and let you battle other tamers with similar skill levels. Begin to plan your strategy even before the battle with pick and ban phases. Casual and competitive battles are both featured, with competitive having some key differences. Casual battles consist of using your currently equipped party on the spot, while competitive consists of making a team and utilizing a pick and ban phase. A ranked ladder system will be added as well.

gif_competitive.gif

Breeding

You can also breed in Temtem. Breeding requires that two Temtem share at least one type, and one must be male and the other female. The new species will be the same species as the female. Each Temtem has a certain amount of times they can breed which is noted by the fertility tree on their tempedia page. The max amount of times a Temtem can breed is 7, so you can not use one Temtem to mass breed.

Clubs

Temtem will have a club function which will be similar to guilds and clans in other games. Clubs will be able to control and battle over club specific dojos in the game. Note: Club dojos are not yet in early access but will be added later.

Gameplayv3.png

Gameplay

Gameplay consists of primarily 2v2 battles with some wild battles being 2v1. Battles in Temtem use a stamina system where each move is assigned a stamina value and drains from your stamina bar when used. If you use more stamina than you currently have you will damage yourself and lose a turn. You can manage this by waiting a turn to regain stamina, using an item or move that replenishes it, or swapping out to another Temtem as stamina is replenished on swap. Stat changing moves persist through swaps, as well as negative status effects.

Battles in Temtem are generally much more difficult than what we are used to in this genre so you'll have to manage your resources a lot more carefully than normal. To help with the difficulty, the game gives you a temessence phial which acts as a full team heal and revive. However it only has one use until it must be recharged at a Temporium.

FAQ.png

• How many Temtem will be available in the game?
    • As of now there are currently 76 catchable with 81 that can be seen. There will be a total of 161+ added throughout early access.
  • Is there an equivalent to shiny pokemon that can be caught?
    • Yes, they are called Luma, and are notated by a star next to their name, and a very different color pallete/sparkle to them.
  • How many types are in the game?
    • There are 12 types: Neutral, Fire, Nature, Water, Electric, Mental, Earth, Wind, Crystal, Digital, Melee, Toxic
  • Will there be a wipe from Early Access to Full release?
    • No, there will not be a wipe unless there is some technical reason that requires one
  • What platforms will Temtem be available on?
    • The early access will be on PC only, on Steam, Humble Bundle, and the Official Temtem discord store. Temtem will release to all consoles in 2021 after early access is finished.
  • Will there be microtransactions?
    • Yes, but only in the form of cosmetic items for your character. There will be no loot boxes or anything of that nature.
  • What is the price of early access?
    • The price is $35 USD and the game has regional pricing.
  • What does the word Temtem mean?
    • Temtem is a derivative of an Indonesian word for friends, Teman

Trailers

LINKSv3.png

Links

Steam Page
Official Site
Official Forums
Wiki
Official Discord
Temtem Team builder
ERA Temtem Discord

t1579629600z1.png

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped!

Is it safe to assume the main story will not be able to be completed in Early Access at this time?

Tyranlord

Oct 28, 2017
Hyped!

Is it safe to assume the main story will not be able to be completed in Early Access at this time?
Main story will not be able to be completed no. Early Access will start with 3 out of 6 islands, so roughly half the story. That still is 20-30 hours of story content, whereas full release is expected to have roughly 50 hours of story content

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped!

I'm going to add it into the OT since I forgot, but currently EA consists of 3 out of the 6 total islands and they'll be adding a mini "endgame" island soon. Story takes around 35 hours to get through right now.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Main story will not be able to be completed no. Early Access will start with 3 out of 6 islands, so roughly half the story. That still is 20-30 hours of story content, whereas full release is expected to have roughly 50 hours of story content

20-30 for the EA release seems nice.

And do we have a roadmap yet as to how often new content will be out?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT! Can't wait to see how this game evolves over the next year. I've always wanted a Pokemon game that's more modernized

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Sunday stress test was a lot more frustrating than Thursday. I hope the devs buy more servers because even early access launch is going to be even worse.

That said I like how the game handles server crashes. Fights that aren't finished are reset appropriately and if you finish a fight right when it crashes your progress isn't lost. They have made the correct decisions on how to resolve this.

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sunday stress test was a lot more frustrating than Thursday. I hope the devs buy more servers because even early access launch is going to be even worse.

That said I like how the game handles server crashes. Fights that aren't finished are reset appropriately and if you finish a fight right when it crashes your progress isn't lost. They have made the correct decisions on how to resolve this.
None of those crashes were actually crashes. They were specific server restarts by the dev team to test new stuff out. Server didn't actually crash a single time and they were only using it at 25% of capacity. They did it this way on purpose to get more data for what may or may not happen when the server is actually fully taxed. Though it did cause people to think that the server was crashing.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Great OT!

Can't wait to get back to the game with a fresh start. I'm really excited to see the game continue to grow as it reaches release.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoyed the stress test, but having loads of players running around in the world is going to take some getting used to.
I'm sure it'll be better than the stress test once they have lots of shards running and the starting area thins out.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Keeping an eye on early impressions, might jump in next week if they are good.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not getting on launch, but keeping my eye on this for when they add friends lists and playing with your friends easier. Hopefully the first thing they do.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Crossplay and progression between PC, PS4, XBO, and Switch would be insane for a game like this. Like that could really help it's popularity.
It's something they discussed wanting but they'll need to creat an account system before launch to make that happen. At least cross progression. Hope they can do it.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some Temtem look so much better in this which is cool. While others (notably the starters) still look awful and or even worse in some cases.

Ugh. Why am I basing whether or not I want to play this by the monster design?

Edit:

Is the platypus becoming the mascot? I love how a fakemon that the creator had to spend money on a kickstarter backing to even get in the game is the most popular Temtem, and might even become the mascot.

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not getting on launch, but keeping my eye on this for when they add friends lists and playing with your friends easier. Hopefully the first thing they do.
There is already a friend list in game. You just have to add them from the player list first which takes a little work since there isn't a search function yet. Though it's a lot easier if you go into the same building since you'll instance together and can add them from there.

Tyranlord

Oct 28, 2017
Some Temtem look so much better in this which is cool. While others (notably the starters) still look awful and or even worse in some cases.

Ugh. Why am I basing whether or not I want to play this by the monster design?

Edit:

Is the platypus becoming the mascot? I love how a fakemon that the creator had to spend money on a kickstarter backing to even get in the game is the most popular Temtem, and might even become the mascot.

Pigepic seems to be the mascot

Would be a bit unfair towards all other Breeder tier kickstarter backers if Platypet became the mascot

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will progress be reset after EA, and if not will the additional story bits just be a continuation of what has already been completed?

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure the devs bought the rights to that one

pZTt265.png

gimme that machamp

Last edited:

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Crystle is green like Venusaur

Has a shell like Blastoise

And is a cool type

This is a non-decision

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy idea but after the initial 6 islands and they begin to add new "generations" they should slowly age up our characters and you get access to more customization options. It could be tied to main story progression.
Yeah that would be neat. As it if I'm kind of confused about our age. We seem like kids in the beginning but some NPC's keep telling me I'm "too old" for this or that.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest I'm absolute rubbish at battling in these types of games but the entire breeding system seems very compelling to me. I know some people dislike the changes they made to pokemon's system but it's clear they want some people to be breeders and having a temtem have only a few offspring means people have to keep hunting them. With anything being able to be traded and an auction house coming breeders will probably have an important role in this game and be a big part of the economy.