Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, did not realize it was still in early-access; feels like it's been "out" for forever.

Mar 11, 2020
Did they ever revert those breeding changes they made that made breeding for perfects like 100x grindier than it was initially? That turned me off for a long time

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Does Humble Games mean it'll be day one Game Pass?

I remember they signed a deal with GP or has that expired?

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
I bought this a long time ago and only played it for a bit, did not know it was early access. I guess I'll restart my playthrough once this update is out.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is it me or have they improved the character faces? I feel like when I played earlier this year, the faces were uglier. Then again, I only played for a couple of hours so it might just be me.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I remember when many people were so hyped for this game and then interest seemingly cratered.

I am still curious about the game, myself. Scared to invest my time into it heavily as the game is always online right? Not sure there is a big enough player base to sustain it for a long time.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Cool stuff. Had a fun time with what I have played so far and have been waiting for it to drop on Switch. I think you can link accounts and play on different systems (?) so that should be fun.

Hopefully at least one of the recent gyms added won't be populated purely by stuff that my starter is completely useless against.

Does Humble Games mean it'll be day one Game Pass?
I reckon they would have mentioned it in the trailer if it was?

Who knows, it could be that it doesn't get "revealed" for Game Pass till closer to the launch date.

I am still curious about the game, myself. Scared to invest my time into it heavily as the game is always online right? Not sure there is a big enough player base to sustain it for a long time.
Whenever I've dropped in, the population has always been pretty healthy. I imagine it popping up on other platforms would boost that. There is also a fairly lengthy story mode that can played completely solo, should you desire.

Last edited:

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't get that far in EA. so i'll be jumping back into this.
i think theres crossplay with ps5 and pc. idk if they talked about possible crossplay with xbox as well? but im going to guess thats a no

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it picks up a second wind upon release. Game was made well but suffered the typical early access fate of launching too early and losing it's playerbase.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Me watching the trailer: this looks cool and all but it prob won't be released physic- OH MY GOD IT IS AND IT'S EVEN GETTING A CE OMG

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for this! I played about 15ish hours when it first went in to Early Access an really liked it. Now I just need to figure out what platform to play on...

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems there is a fair bit shown in this trailer that currently isnt in the EA version available now actually! mainly a new location and some features but still.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
i didn't get that far in EA. so i'll be jumping back into this.
i think theres crossplay with ps5 and pc. idk if they talked about possible crossplay with xbox as well? but im going to guess thats a no
PS5 and PC have it and overall Crossplay was one of things listed on the original kickstarter as something they want to include. This was way before the Early access and before Sony got the early access release exclusivity and I don't know if that's impacted it.

It could also be up to the platform holders. Individual console to PC seems easier to achieve than Xbox/PS5 and PC crossplay. There is cross-progression, so it could be posible. In the future maybe?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
For those interested, I'd say this has a lot of good things over Pokemon. Biggest thing for me is that the writing is, well, there. The game's setting actually feels decently realized and dialog is pretty charming. The game's updates have also moved the story balance into something I think is a lot more fair, it provides a good challenge without the need for grinding.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I only played a lil bit on the early days of EA, looked really promising so am looking forward to this.

Hope it shows up on Game pass.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever give a reason for why they dropped PS4 and XB1? I'm sure their team size meant they had to pick and choose, but the scope of the game really isn't that crazy that the Switch wouldn't have always been in the running to get a port.
Switch was always going to be there. one of the earliest videos was the game running on a switch dev kit. they're not so insane to not put a monster raiser on switch, lol

and according to this (2019) the game was never slated for XBO/PS4
www.nintendo.destructoid.com

Temtem, Crema's MMO take on Pokémon, commits to 2021 on Switch

Temtem from developer Crema and publisher Humble Games will release on Nintendo Switch in 2021. It's essentially like a Pokémon MMO.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I've owned this game for a while, a friend gifted it to me, but I haven't played yet. Might as well wait until it's finished to jump in.

Switch was always going to be there. one of the earliest videos was the game running on a switch dev kit. they're not so insane to not put a monster raiser on switch, lol

and according to this (2019) the game was never slated for XBO/PS4
www.nintendo.destructoid.com

Temtem, Crema's MMO take on Pokémon, commits to 2021 on Switch

Temtem from developer Crema and publisher Humble Games will release on Nintendo Switch in 2021. It's essentially like a Pokémon MMO.

That's...pretty crazy, honestly!

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Never got around to playing this during EA because it always sounded like it was having balancing and content issues, but I'll jump in for the full release.

I feel like the game missed its best chance for positive word of mouth though. Its initial launch was at a more palatable price point and when people were feeling down on Pokemon, but now it's coming out in between Legends and SV at a higher price point (and with battle passes for some reason!?).

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I bought it when it first launched in EA and it had so many issues the first few days i walked away and forgot about it. It's looking like it's in a much better state so i will absolutely re-download and play (hopefully on Steam deck if it gets here by sept *crosses fingers*)

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nice. i stopped playing around when the last island got added. I'll get back on it when I get my steam deck sometime in q3

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
I played it a bit when EA launched, it was neat but very clearly supes early. Is there a substantial amount of meat added to it now?

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
I feeling this game for PS Plus Premium or Game Pass. Looks really enjoyable btw.