• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
(Google Translated)
www-pb-pl.translate.goog

Tencent największym akcjonariuszem Bloobera

Wejście chińskiego giganta do akcjonariatu Bloobera to pierwsza transakcja pojawienia się inwestora branżowego w notowanej na GPW spółce growej.
The entry of the Chinese giant into the shareholding structure of Bloober is the first transaction for an industry investor to appear in a game company listed on the WSE.

After more than two years of presence in the shareholding of Bloober Team, Rockbridge TFI has left the investment. He was replaced by an industry investor and not just any - the Chinese giant Tencent. Nearly 22 percent The shares of the Krakow company are now owned by Tencent's subsidiary Serene Century Limited, which spent 77.6 million PNL(around $20M if Google is correct) on the transaction.
The Management Board of Bloober Team does not hide its satisfaction with finding a new investor.

- This is a transaction on the capital market between Rockbridge and Tencent and as such was not related to the current commercial activities of our company. We appreciate the huge industry knowledge and the entire ecosystem that our new investor has

- The trust we have received from Konami, Take-Two and now Tencent is a great proof of faith in our team and strategy. I have already talked about it before - but it is worth repeating on this occasion - the Polish gaming market is entering the matur

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the feeling that Tencent has a crapton of money they're willing to invest but they really don't know how or where exactly.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
- The trust we have received from Konami, Take-Two and now Tencent is a great proof of faith in our team and strategy. I have already talked about it before - but it is worth repeating on this occasion -

What trust from Konami? Or are they basically just taking the mask off entirely and confirming they're making a game for Konami now?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. They were prime for the picking by either Embracer or Tencent. Smallish studio that has worked on some decently high profile stuff. Was probably easy to scoop up for them.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Tencent was blown away by the Medium.

Kind of hilarious since it has a (really laughably bad) sub-plot regarding the brutal former communist Polish regime.

Publishers are impressed with Bloober since they're cheap to work with, make back their development costs and make somewhat competent looking "horror" games.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Take Two is working with Bloober as well?

Anyhow, my thoughts on Tencent are pretty clear. Good for Bloober. They deserve support and funds. Just wish it was from a different source.

Oct 7, 2021
Maybe a little off topic but really curious how companies with Tencent investment are going to be influenced by CCP. Lookin at you Activision Blizzard.....even if tencent only has 5% actiblizz still does business over there, and I am going to find it pretty appalling if and imo when we see them reduce representation. Don't think we are gonna get more things like soldier 76 being gay or even another character like Tracer for a while and if that is true it's gonna be incredibly depressing

Sep 14, 2018
Who keeps buying Bloober games?

They've certainly come far from the basement crawl mess but I can't say I've seen anything from them that makes me excited for a potential SH from them. I guess it can be a pleasant surprise if they do a good job.
Maybe a little off topic but really curious how companies with Tencent investment are going to be influenced by CCP. Lookin at you Activision Blizzard.....even if tencent only has 5% actiblizz still does business over there, and I am going to find it pretty appalling if and imo when we see them reduce representation. Don't think we are gonna get more things like soldier 76 being gay or even another character like Tracer for a while and if that is true it's gonna be incredibly depressing
From what I've heard Tencent and the CCP are constantly fighting in the chinese court system, they're probably just trying to diversify away from China so they're not crippled by random directives from the CCP.

Oct 7, 2021

They've certainly come far from the basement crawl mess but I can't say I've seen anything from them that makes me excited for a potential SH from them. I guess it can be a pleasant surprise if they do a good job.

From what I've heard Tencent and the CCP are constantly fighting in the chinese court system, they're probably just trying to diversify away from China so they're not crippled by random directives from the CCP.
Oh that's actually great to hear

Nov 21, 2017
Huh I always figured Microsoft would acquire them since they signed several Gamepass deals with them however with Tencent acquiring the majority of the studios shares that is very unlikely now.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I loved Layers of Fear and have been meaning to get around to playing Observer and The Medium.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Do you think it was Tencent who previously tried to acquire Bloober Team? Or there was another company?

Ah that makes sense now why MS didn't try to acquire them as they only been acquiring private companies/studios.

Microsoft tends to avoid public companies but they'd acquired public companies in the past. For example, back in April:

qSc2DfW.png

7M6dXjE.png

JFoNDiX.png

Nov 21, 2017
Do you think it was Tencent who previously tried to acquire Bloober Team? Or there was another company?

Microsoft tends to avoid public companies but they'd acquired public companies in the past. For example, back in April:

qSc2DfW.png

7M6dXjE.png

JFoNDiX.png

I was referring specifically to their gaming/Xbox focused acquisitions not acquisitions for their company as a whole. Even their 2 largest in Zenimax(Bethesda) and Mojang were private companies.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019
Did they just confirm they are working with Konami?

Silent Hill made by Bloober and overseen by Tencent and the CCP.

Lol.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I don't get why you'd want to invest money or time in this studio, Konami, Take Two or Tencent. Everything they make is average. First post was right, failing upwards.