• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Take Two is the cheapest US based company at 22 billion, which would in the range of a large acquistion. EA at 40B+ and Blizzard at 70B+ are too large for this type of capital raise.

Or they are going to by the rest of the 60% of Epic games they don't already own.
Nvidia is half the size of tencent and bought arm for 40 billion. The current situation is making these numbers possible because money is basically free

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It'll be Devolver Digital.
devolver-digital-logo.jpg

Is there some reason you posted this twice lol. I doubt it, though. For one, Tencent isn't going to be raising that much for Devolver, and Devolver has been very successful with avoiding big publishers, staying small and craving a big niche in the indie scene. Wouldn't make much sense either way.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I could see why Bungie would be an attractive target if they own the Destiny IP (right???) and are in the middle of planning another big self financed, property there might be a lot of room for growth in the next couple of years if TenCent for looking for exploitable, cross platform properties.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tencent has been heavily invested in games for like the last decade. There is no 'getting into,' they are very much into already lol, even if it's been more indirect.

My opinion of then haven't changed since then.

I guess I should phrase it as please stop worming further in to games. Thanks.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Krafton Union (owners of Bluehole/PUBG Corp), Smilegate, NcSoft, Daybreak, Gamigo, Studio Wildcard and Innersloth all seem possible.