Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
There are drive in theatres. I can imagine what it is like being like Inception but even more Nolan.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Screenshot_20200821-102206_Edge.jpg

Better.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Huge Nolan fan and I want to watch this film. However, not going anywhere near a theater anytime soon. Hopefully digital release will be sooner than later.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Not a chance. It'll be streamable by December. I can wait. Use whatever mental gymnastics you must to justify it, it's a stupid move to go to a theater at all.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I need make a smugness machine that generates electricity got feeling this thread is going to ooze enough told you so's and lol it not worth cinema comments that I could power a city

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nolan's output still in a downward spiral, looks like

lmao

www.metacritic.com

Dunkirk

Dunkirk opens as hundreds of thousands of British and Allied troops are surrounded by enemy forces. Trapped on the beach with their backs to the sea they face an impossible situation as the enemy closes in. [Warner Bros.]

www.rottentomatoes.com

Dunkirk | Rotten Tomatoes

In May 1940, Germany advanced into France, trapping Allied troops on the beaches of Dunkirk. Under air and ground cover from British and French forces, troops were slowly and methodically evacuated from the beach using every serviceable naval and civilian vessel that could be found. At the end...

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna wait for digital but this movie is right up my alley kinda weird

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dunkirk is his highest rated movie tho.
lmao

www.metacritic.com

Dunkirk

Dunkirk opens as hundreds of thousands of British and Allied troops are surrounded by enemy forces. Trapped on the beach with their backs to the sea they face an impossible situation as the enemy closes in. [Warner Bros.]

www.rottentomatoes.com

In May 1940, Germany advanced into France, trapping Allied troops on the beaches of Dunkirk. Under air and ground cover from British and French forces, troops were slowly and methodically evacuated from the beach using every serviceable naval and civilian vessel that could be found. At the end...

I disagree with those reviews tho.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
It's not a film I'm going to go out of my way to go to the cinema for in these times but it seems like it's being received pretty well overall. Look forward to seeing what it'd all about when I get the chance (even if the dialogue volume will undoubtedly be a complete mess outside of the cinema as per all Nolan's films)

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
lmao

www.metacritic.com

Dunkirk

www.rottentomatoes.com

I still don't understand why that movie scored so well critically. I hated it. Even for movies I don't like that score well, I can at least understand why... but Dunkirk was just so throughly boring and messy for me.

Have to say I'm surprised by these scores. I thought the 5-6 months of not being able to see major films on the big screen would make critics extra lenient with respect to Tenet, putting it over 90% easily.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
After how high the reviews for Dunkirk and Interstellar were, these reviews make me more hyped.

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why that movie scored so well critically. I hated it. Even for movies I don't like that score well, I can at least understand why... but Dunkirk was just so throughly boring and messy for me.

Have to say I'm surprised by these scores. I thought the 5-6 months of not being able to see major films on the big screen would make critics extra lenient with respect to Tenet, putting it over 90% easily.
It's not like people forgot how to enjoy movies during this time. Movies still came out. And these reviews aren't exactly negative.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
But you're basing this film being a continuation of a downward spiral on other people's reviews. Can't have it both ways...
I guess you could say I'm more inclined towards believing the negative/mixed reviews of the newest Nolan release based on how I feel about his last ten years of output.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
8/10 from ign is honestly also not great if you think about how ign likes to throw 10s at everything