Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
That looked like Felix's for a while as Rublev looked off. Not shocked though. Felix just can't find that extra gear.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Not surprising, but sad news, Thiem just announced his retirement from professional tennis at the end of the season. :(
At least he got his Grandslam win which is a great achievement.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Well now we know why Giorgi suddenly retired. She's being investigated for tax evasion and has fled the country. She is also under investigation for forging her Covid vaccine record. Lmao

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
He sure did. Now I wonder whether he'll show up in RG since I think he said that he'll only play there if he's able to compete which it doesn't look like he can anymore against top players except for that de Minaur win.
Though to be fair, some of today's unforced errors were dreadful even for a gassed Nadal.
Maybe he'll switch to doubles. :D

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
FUCK YES TABILOOOOOOO

I'm so happy for him, he not only beat Djocovid at center court, it's the first time he's played against No. 1 *and* beat him. It's the first time since Fernando Gonzalez defeating Federer in Shanghai '07 that a Chilean tennis player has beaten a sitting No. 1. Better late than never, huh? šŸ˜

So so glad for him. He played great, he just needs that little bit of belief because he has the talent - and it showed!

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
fuck yeah Tabilo reaches the semis!!

First Chilean tennis player since Fernando Gonzalez in 2009 to do so. Fucking ecstatic for him - hopefully this means he starts to believe in himself a bit more. He's riding that momentum now and I hope it carries him to the Final too.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
YEEEEEESSSSS JARRY YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

something historic for Chilean tennis, first time we get two players in a M1000 semis. It's amazing.

Tabilo and Jarry are playing some great stuff in this tournament. Whatever happens now, they've done themselves more than proud since they've gone beyond what most people expected of them and they've done it in style.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Well, it wasn't enough for Tabilo šŸ˜­

He almost had him on that second set, but he became too passive in the tiebreak and ceded basically all initiative to Zverev. Experience won out in the end.

Still... a wonderful tournament for Tabilo and I hope this makes him more attractive for good coaches - yes, he managed to reach a M1000 semifinal without a coach, lol! He had just finished his professional relationship with his longtime coach right before Rome, so I really hope he picks someone that can take him to the next level. Beyond that, I've nothing but pride for what he achieved in this tournament - he can leave with his head held high.

We now wait for Jarry later today.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
17 years since a Chilean player reached a M1000 Final... 17 years since Fernando Gonzalez lost against Rafa Nadal also in Rome.

Mah gawd, time flies. Fucking hell. Whatever happens now, at least we've seen him and Tabilo give everything they had to get there. Proud of them both!

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
RG Qualifying draws are out. Hope Thiem makes the main draw for his last appearance.

Women's Qualifying Draw

Draws - Roland-Garros - The official site

The exclusive home of Roland-Garros tennis delivering live scores, schedules, draws, players, news, photos, videos and the most complete coverage of The 2024 Roland-Garros Tournament.

Men's Qualifying Draw

Draws - Roland-Garros - The official site

The exclusive home of Roland-Garros tennis delivering live scores, schedules, draws, players, news, photos, videos and the most complete coverage of The 2024 Roland-Garros Tournament.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
It just wasn't to be for Jarry, Zverev was just an impassable wall during the match. 80% of first service, 95% points won with it. Barely any mistakes.

Shame that he had to win, but still... proud of what Nico Jarry achieved here. We're all proud of him here in Chile. I just hope it's not the last time we see him playing a M1000 Final.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand Zverev and you know why...but the guy is never not solid and always a threat. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the top-ranking players when it comes to serve stats.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Yeah, what a shitty draw.
Will need a miracle against Zverev who is actually aiming to win the title.
Even an in form Nadal would struggle against him.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Imagine your historic career ending at the hands of an abuser. Nadal should withdraw from singles and enter the doubles tournament to conclude his career

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Once Nadal's name got drawn, there was a 50% chance between Alcaraz and Zverev of facing him.

We got the bad ending

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I keep thinking that Djokovic is just playing possum but his actual decline may be upon us.