• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Bwahahaha they never actually released the first one, how about doing that first ?

Yeah I got burnt really bad with TWT, it's been 84 years after all

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Once you master the controls, AO Tennis 2 feels quite good to play. If they can at least match that, I'll take it.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd really like a new good tennis game. The last one I played with PS move integration was really good. Top Spin 4 maybe...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It was awkward watching all the tennis players at home at the moment holding virtual tournaments with the terrible crop of current games.

OP
OP

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
It was awkward watching all the tennis players at home at the moment holding virtual tournaments with the terrible crop of current games.
That was pretty jarring to see.....there's one happening in Australia (via the Australian Open channels) but it's gotten next to no marketing.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
From the press release " After the success of Tennis World Tour and the Roland Garros edition, which sold more than 700,000 copies " -> damn.

Also do we know how good the handball games are?

OP
OP

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
From the press release " After the success of Tennis World Tour and the Roland Garros edition, which sold more than 700,000 copies " -> damn.

Also do we know how good the handball games are?
Right. 700k is quite impressive for a AA Tennis game with horrendous reviews.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Got the game guys, it released today. Here is some gameplay I captured:

I noticed barely anybody else who has the game actually knows how to play it properly yet...so this is a good indication of what it looks like in expert once you get the hang of the mechanics.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Virtua Tennis was one of my favorite Dreamcast games, wish they would make a sequel

OP
OP

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Got the game guys, it released today. Here is some gameplay I captured:

I noticed barely anybody else who has the game actually knows how to play it properly yet...so this is a good indication of what it looks like in expert once you get the hang of the mechanics.

It's a totally different game once you pass the curve and get the timing down.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
How's the career mode?

Not really a career mode guy, sorry. I'll give it a shot and report back...but I imagine it's probably pretty average based on TWT1 and AO Tennis 2. I want a fun arcade career like Virtua Tennis 4 and nobody is making games like that anymore.

Have to say...the gameplay is reminding me a lot of Top Spin 1 overall...like fast and arcadey, but with a bit more depth than TS1. If Top Spin 1 had the timing mechanics of Top Spin 3 you'd kinda get this game.

They have once again totally messed up the slice shots...ugh. Slice is such an important shot in tennis, especially for some particular players, and it's just unusable in all these modern tennis games.