Status
Not open for further replies.

hamghost

Sep 1, 2019
As a Scot I'd like to apologise on behalf of all of us for paracelis there, what a fucking state.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I don't really get why it's so many European voices who are TERF or hateful toward trans in general like the whats his face Graham IT Crowd guy.

I guess that's just two, but it's the two most prominent examples I tend to see on Twitter anyway. Rowling and Linehan. Whats up with that? Weird coincidence?

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Everything about Rowling lately feels really "mask off" but then I browse her timeline and I read this tweet

and I don't even know anymore. That tweet doesn't sound so bad I guess? I wish she would just shut up and maybe listen to some trans people but that's obviously not happening...

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I don't really get why it's so many European voices who are TERF or hateful toward trans in general like the whats his face Graham IT Crowd guy.

I guess that's just two, but it's the two most prominent examples I tend to see on Twitter anyway. Rowling and Linehan. Whats up with that? Weird coincidence?
I've heard that while it's a problem everywhere, it's an especially common problem in the UK

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Just...why?

Shouldn't WB assign her a community manager for her social networks or something? Some kind of PR spokesperson who shuts down anything non-related to promoting Harry Potter? Lately, her track record on almost every topic on earth (including her own works!), has been awful.
She's too powerful now. She moved from being an advisor on the original 6 Potter movies, to producing both Deathly Hallows parts, to now writing and producing the Fantastic Beasts movies. She's likely surrounded by "Yes" people.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about Rowling lately feels really "mask off" but then I browse her timeline and I read this tweet

and I don't even know anymore. That tweet doesn't sound so bad I guess? I wish she would just shut up and maybe listen to some trans people but that's obviously not happening...

It absolutely is that bad though. She's trying to deny that trans women are women because in her mind it makes her own womanhood less real.

It's no different than when homophobes would say that gay marriage would make their own marriages less meaningful.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at a lot of replies to her, and the replies to *those* replies, she's not really in a minority.

We have a long way to go in the UK when it comes to trans rights.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Those tweets are still bad.

Rowling, and any other TERF, does not get a pass for saying 'I think trans people can do what they want and I respect them' when they fundamentally don't accept them as the gender they identify as. It's backhanded and insincere, and betrays her fundamental position that it's all about her, not the people she claims to stand with.

This is a typical TERF argument, in that they disingenuously claim to stand with trans people and then portray themselves as the victims of 'gender extremists' when called out for their views. Feigned victimhood is a core tenet of TERFism, being a way for people whose biggest struggle in life is choosing which prosecco to have with their dinner to pretend they are heroic embattled crusaders.

Rowling can tweet as much as she wants that she loves trans people. We don't believe her.

Oct 28, 2017
For those that still somehow don't think she hates trans people, here's a quote from "Silkworm" a book that she wrote.

The protagonist threatening a trans woman with prison rape. Isn;t that just great? And this comes after the book insultingly describes how "masculine" she is.

Wtf

Looking into it the trans character definitely seems realistic /s

"—but Owen felt that for my memoir I'd do better going the traditional route," said Pippa. "You know, he had a real interest in gender identity and he was fascinated with what I'd been through. I introduced him to a couple of other transgendered people and he promised to talk to his editor about me, because he thought, with the right promotion, you know, and with a story that's never really been told—"

Yes, people talk like that...

"And me," said Pippa, launching at once into a speech: "He was interested in identity politics, you know, and he talked to me for hours about what it was like for me being born, basically, in the wrong—"

And a trans woman would definitely enjoy someone mansplaining gender dysphoria to her...

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Do not be fooled by her language. Look at what she says. "If" they get discriminated against. She is implying that trans people are not discriminated against based on their sex and gender.

She is saying that trans people are denying sex is real, which is false. Nobody is denying sex is real. I've never seen a trans person say it isn't real.

What JK is implying is that sex is binary, and that you can only be male or female which is not true at all and sex is more nuanced than this. She keep bringing up sex and ignoring gender identity, which is intentional because she does not believe gender identity exists.

These are manipulative ways TERFs speak about trans people in order to invalidate them and their experiences.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It absolutely is that bad though. She's trying to deny that trans women are women because in her mind it makes her own womanhood less real.

It's no different than when homophobes would say that gay marriage would make their own marriages less meaningful.

Yes.

She is treating the right to be recognise as a woman like it is a finite thing, as though every trans woman is taking something away from cis women.

If she was truely feminist she would embrace them, welcome them, and recognise their struggles, and not defend womanhood as though it is something that can only be defined as one kind of thing when it is different for different women.

She doesn't want to share.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
She has this strange obsession thinking that the existence of transwomen erases ciswomen and their struggles. This has basically been her whole argument.

It's really all she talks about.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
It's really impressive how TERFs always act like they have the moral high ground and giving people rights and recognition will take away theirs

Reminds me of something.
Yep, Saw a TERF on Reddit say that almost verbatim. "Why should our time and efforts be focused on a minority when the majority is struggling?!" The inability to see the hypocrisy is just depressing.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just...why?

Shouldn't WB assign her a community manager for her social networks or something? Some kind of PR spokesperson who shuts down anything non-related to promoting Harry Potter? Lately, her track record on almost every topic on earth (including her own works!), has been awful.
Im pretty sure this used to be the case prior to quarantine cuz she used to be incredibly quiet on twitter.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Rowling, and any other TERF, does not get a pass for saying 'I think trans people can do what they want and I respect them' when they fundamentally don't accept them as the gender they identify as.

Do not be fooled by her language. [...]

Good points honestly.

I keep having this hopeful feeling that maybe she's not a colossal shithead after all and is just "hanging out" with the wrong crowd (terfs) but yeah that's totally blinding me sometimes.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Not to single you two out, but people keep questioning what she's saying like this throughout the thread and I gotta say- you have good intentions but you're thinking about this entire thing wrong.

She is not posting actual thoughts here. This isn't her working through something and misunderstanding how something works. She didn't really think about any of this and she didn't come to any conclusions herself. She's not the one arguing or debating anything, she's not the one jumping through the hoops.

She is purely regurgitating basic TERF rhetoric. Wondering how she got there is pointless. Like all bigotry, there's nothing that actually explains it. And similarly, there's no way to know if any of the stuff she's repeating here is actually a line of transphobic thought that she truly believes, or just one she thinks is a relatively acceptable excuse.
I politely disagree about one specific point. Bigotry definitely stems from pain, fear, anger and/or trauma. In no way do I agree with J.K. Rowling with her TERF discourse, but this sort of thinking must come from somewhere.

I do get your point though. There's an inherent danger in trying to understand that sort of message, but believe me when I say that you will continue seeing people having those toxic messages for as long as you do not understand the psychology behind it. The goal is to undo that sort of thinking. I do not think simply ignoring these people will solve any sort of issues, but then again, that could be my very gullible mind at play.

I grew up with hyper conservative parents, and my discussions with them were never cute. We don't talk anymore, but trust me that they have changed their opinions on a lot of different issues; issues that I never thought I could discuss with them.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
I can understand where she's coming from. But this is what I hear: "I respect every black person's right to have rights that work for them. I'd march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being black. I just don't think they should be allowed to call them 'human' rights. I do not believe it's hateful to say so."

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I politely disagree about one specific point. Bigotry definitely stems from pain, fear, anger and/or trauma. In no way do I agree with J.K. Rowling with her TERF discourse, but this sort of thinking must come from somewhere.

I do get your point though. There's an inherent danger in trying to understand that sort of message, but believe me when I say that you will continue seeing people having those toxic messages for as long as you do not understand the psychology behind it. The goal is to undo that sort of thinking. I do not think simply ignoring these people will solve any sort of issues, but then again, that could be my very gullible mind at play.

I grew up with hyper conservative parents, and my discussions with them were never cute. We don't talk anymore, but trust me that they have changed their opinions on a lot of different issues; issues that I never thought I could discuss with them.

A part of me would be inclined to agree with you on the part of having discussions with people to try to get them to understand issues but when it comes to Rowling there's no reason to give her any benefit of the doubt. She has a large platform and no doubt people have tried to explained to her via twitter whenever she posts hateful messages.

I mean she herself said that she had been reading a lot for the past 3 years and if we take her for her word, she's probably a lost cause. You don't read a lot about the trans community and then proceed to post hateful shit continously. She's not stupid nor ignorant.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
She has this strange obsession thinking that the existence of transwomen erases ciswomen and their struggles. This has basically been her whole argument.

It's really all she talks about.

This. I don't get why she is so worked up over something she doesn't understand.

Look I will be honest I don't get how biological sex can be non-binary either considering there are just two kinds of sex chromosomes( XX XY) in majority of humans and the minority that other types (XO XXY) are considered to have a disease and are treated for the same.

BUT I know there are scientific articles out there, in reputed journals that claim biological sex isn't binary and I just haven't read them in detail enough to get it. And this is enough proof for me.

And even without the article, if someone wants to be a different sex and that's not harming anyone else then they should do as they please.

Deleted member 64666

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
A part of me would be inclined to agree with you on the part of having discussions with people to try to get them to understand issues but when it comes to Rowling there's no reason to give her any benefit of the doubt. She has a large platform and no doubt people have tried to explained to her via twitter whenever she posts hateful messages.

I mean she herself said that she had been reading a lot for the past 3 years and if we take her for her word, she's probably a lost cause. You don't read a lot about the trans community and then proceed to post hateful shit continously. She's not stupid nor ignorant.

Unfortunately, these processes takes years and years. It could be true as well, maybe J.K. Rowling will never change her mind and she will remain pretty closed on the subject. I think it'll mean that we never identified the source of her bigotry...

Unfortunately fears and egos can do a lot of terrible things.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This. I don't get why she is so worked up over something she doesn't understand.

Look I will be honest I don't get how biological sex can be non-binary either considering there is just two( XX XY) in majority and the minority that has more or less (XO XXY) is considered to have a disease and are treated for the same.

BUT I know there are scientific articles out there, in reputed journals that claim biological sex isn't binary and I just haven't read them in detail enough to get it. And this is enough proof for me.

And even without the article, if someone wants to be a different sex and that's not harming anyone else then they should do as they please.
Did she post the books she read at all? She said she read many over the years.

Does she even know about all the 3rd world women's movement? Stuff like the gendercide (killing female babies in cultures that prefer male heirs) and such? Sex trafficking? All these affect cisgender girls and women and have very strong advocacy movements. Like I don't know what she's talking about at all.

The opposite is still very true. Transwomen and transwomen that are abused or killed barely register anywhere--MSM, social media, etc.

Last edited:

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like there might actually be some real push-back against this for once, which goes with what I had been saying earlier about her previous posts always being coded just enough that people could give her the benefit of the doubt, or mistake them as being in support of women rather than being transphobic.

"Cho Chang" also seems to be trending - though it's disappointing to see that there are people pushing back against it by saying that "um, actually, she was not the only Asian character" with clips from one of the movies, because the American 'definition' of Asian generally seems to refer to people of Chinese/Japanese or similar descent, while the British 'definition' includes South Asian (Indian/Pakistani etc.) people as well - which is really beside the point.

I read her posts and I don't even understand what she is trying to say. Seems like going against a group of people just because of word-play, who says sex doesn't exist? Everyone just says you can be born in a gender that does not match your body, or in a gender that isn't just one or the other. I don't get it.
Trans people don't believe that sex doesn't exist; only that it doesn't define them.
JKR believes that trans women are trying to erase women, because trans people don't believe that biological sex defines whether you are a woman or not.
She also believes that they trying to steal their hard-earned rights away from them and are men trying to invade women's spaces... or some other nonsense like that.

Everything about Rowling lately feels really "mask off" but then I browse her timeline and I read this tweet and I don't even know anymore. That tweet doesn't sound so bad I guess? I wish she would just shut up and maybe listen to some trans people but that's obviously not happening...
When JK Rowling says she supports "trans people" she means trans men. EDIT: Of course that is not actually support. She only claims to "support" them by tolerating their existence, rather than her outright hatred for trans women.
Many TERFs do not see trans men as a "threat to women" like they do trans women, because they see trans men as "confused women".
Don't fall for it. In the same breath she will say that "sex is real [trans women are not women]" but also that she "supports trans people [men]". This is why some people are still hesitant to 'cancel' her.
For someone with the following that she has, as the author of a series of books/films which may have defined people's childhoods, it take a lot to convince many people.
This is her typical course of action. She posts/likes vile transphobic shit, and then walks it back by saying that of course she supports trans people - without actually apologizing for, or going back on the original statement. It's why she says thing like this:

The first four lines of that post can be read as empowering or horribly transphobic, depending on the context - especially if you are not paying much attention to that last line.
If you were not aware of the context, it is referring to this case:
www.bbc.com

Maya Forstater: Woman loses tribunal over transgender tweets

Maya Forstater lost her job after she questioned government plans to let people declare their own gender.
As I've said before: if you are conscious of these things, or directly affected, you immediately know that she's being transphobic; but someone without the context, like Mark Hamill there, can easily misread it.

JKR really wrote a series including a species (metamorphagi) who can change any aspect of their body at will but hates trans people... the brain worms...

Anyway a not entirely comprehensive list of the absolute rancid garbage in the Harry Potter series that means "haha it came from Hatsune Miku/space" doesn't work because her shitty viewpoints permeate the writing (note: I'm not saying you can't enjoy HP! But you have to think critically about it ESPECIALLY knowing that JKR is TERF garbage):
  • Hook-nosed greedy goblin bankers
  • The one Irish character is named Seamus Finnegan and is constantly blowing shit up
  • The one important east Asian character is called Cho Chang which is really the most "generic Asian name because they're all the same right?" ever
  • Cho is treated like a crazy hysterical lunatic for the horrible crime of...being a 16 year old girl who is grieving for her murdered boyfriend
  • House-elves are a species that exist to be enslaved and they LOVE being enslaved. Being freed from enslavement makes them extremely depressed (see Winky in GoF)
  • Hermione's campaign to end aforementioned slavery is treated as a joke with Harry and Ron, our other two "heroes", doing nothing but rolling their eyes at her and talking about how annoying she is
  • Werewolves = HIV. Fenrir Greyback is a werewolf who loves infecting as many children as he can
  • Dumbledore and Grindelwald (aka proto-Wizard Hitler) were boyfriends??? Don't expect to see this in the actual books though, because JKR wants Woke Points without risk of backlash
  • The treatment of Slytherin house in general. "Don't judge people by the groups they belong to! Unless they're Slytherins in which case they're guaranteed to be evil" aka demonisation of literal children
  • Similarly Slytherin as indoctrination to the Death Eaters is never addressed and is just allowed to foster even by supposed "heroic" characters
  • Voldmort is evil because he was born of rape. Okay.
  • Snape, the man who terrorised children, including the son of his supposed "true love" (because HUEGHHGHEG he looks like his dad who was MEAN TO MEEEEE anyway I'm a wizard Nazi who insulted her with racial slurs but let's not talk about that) gets a redemption arc. "Albus Severus Potter, you were named for two of the bravest men I ever knew" BARF!!! What the fuck!!!
  • Umbridge, while thoroughly evil, is implied to be raped as "punishment" for her crimes. Feminism!
  • Harry dreams of nothing more than becoming a Wizard Cop and his becoming one is treated like a happy ending despite it being a) bootlicking nonsense and b) a complete contradiction to the themes set up in the series
  • In general Harry remains a passive observer and is totally cool with the status quo of isolationism, racism, blood purity and LITERAL CHATTEL SLAVERY and never does anything to change it
I probably missed stuff, feel free to add more. But yeah these books aren't like Minecraft which is devoid of its creator's shitty views. HP is STEEPED in JKR's bullshit.
As someone that never gave the Harry Potter series any attention: holy shit.
I knew it was bad, but not the full extent of it.

Last edited:

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure what JK is even arguing here. Nobody is saying sex isnt real lmao.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what planet I've been living on but before reading this thread I had no idea JK was considered Scottish.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good points honestly.

I keep having this hopeful feeling that maybe she's not a colossal shithead after all and is just "hanging out" with the wrong crowd (terfs) but yeah that's totally blinding me sometimes.

She isn't worth giving chances to. She's not hanging out with the wrong crowd, she IS the wrong crowd.

I'm not even sure what JK is even arguing here. Nobody is saying sex isnt real lmao.

It's the crux of her's and other TERFs argument. They say that trans people are erasing/invalidating sex because trans women want to be recognized as women, but they cannot understand the struggles women experience because they are biologically male. By wanting to be recognized as women, they are claiming sex is fake and you can just decide to be female or male whenever you want, disregarding sex altogether.

And if trans people are disregarding sex, then how can things like same-sex relationships exist? How can heterosexuals exist? They muddy the waters and fool people with their existence. How dare men try to appropriate the female struggle.

They think trans people need to stay in their biological lane essentially.

THIS is the argument TERFs make, but they do it in these veiled ways that make it seem like their womanhood is under attack. They completely disregard gender identity. They completely ignore the fact that trans people are not saying sex does not exist.

It's one of those insane arguments that, if you are uneducated in trans issues, can make sense to a lot of women and it is depressing.

I can understand where she's coming from. But this is what I hear: "I respect every black person's right to have rights that work for them. I'd march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being black. I just don't think they should be allowed to call them 'human' rights. I do not believe it's hateful to say so."

Exactly what it is. TERFs think they are slick but they use the same arguments that racists use.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, "#IStandWithJKRowling" is trending and a lot of people are coming out to defend her

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, "#IStandWithJKRowling" is trending and a lot of people are coming out to defend her

What is killing me is that if you scroll the tag, there are a lot of Russian bot accounts tweeting out in support lol

Thankfully the K-Pop stans are starting to flood the tag with their fancams.

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Separate from any of JK's nonsense, from the trans communities perspective is there any difference between sex and gender? Is the concept of biological birth sex inherently discriminatory? I can see how it could be. It's certainly an outdated way of thinking.
Don't try to defend against this with "sex and gender are different." Trans women aren't "male women". Trans men aren't "female men".

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
JKR really wrote a series including a species (metamorphagi) who can change any aspect of their body at will but hates trans people... the brain worms...

Anyway a not entirely comprehensive list of the absolute rancid garbage in the Harry Potter series that means "haha it came from Hatsune Miku/space" doesn't work because her shitty viewpoints permeate the writing (note: I'm not saying you can't enjoy HP! But you have to think critically about it ESPECIALLY knowing that JKR is TERF garbage):
  • Hook-nosed greedy goblin bankers
  • The one Irish character is named Seamus Finnegan and is constantly blowing shit up
  • The one important east Asian character is called Cho Chang which is really the most "generic Asian name because they're all the same right?" ever
  • Cho is treated like a crazy hysterical lunatic for the horrible crime of...being a 16 year old girl who is grieving for her murdered boyfriend
  • House-elves are a species that exist to be enslaved and they LOVE being enslaved. Being freed from enslavement makes them extremely depressed (see Winky in GoF)
  • Hermione's campaign to end aforementioned slavery is treated as a joke with Harry and Ron, our other two "heroes", doing nothing but rolling their eyes at her and talking about how annoying she is
  • Werewolves = HIV. Fenrir Greyback is a werewolf who loves infecting as many children as he can
  • Dumbledore and Grindelwald (aka proto-Wizard Hitler) were boyfriends??? Don't expect to see this in the actual books though, because JKR wants Woke Points without risk of backlash
  • The treatment of Slytherin house in general. "Don't judge people by the groups they belong to! Unless they're Slytherins in which case they're guaranteed to be evil" aka demonisation of literal children
  • Similarly Slytherin as indoctrination to the Death Eaters is never addressed and is just allowed to foster even by supposed "heroic" characters
  • Voldmort is evil because he was born of rape. Okay.
  • Snape, the man who terrorised children, including the son of his supposed "true love" (because HUEGHHGHEG he looks like his dad who was MEAN TO MEEEEE anyway I'm a wizard Nazi who insulted her with racial slurs but let's not talk about that) gets a redemption arc. "Albus Severus Potter, you were named for two of the bravest men I ever knew" BARF!!! What the fuck!!!
  • Umbridge, while thoroughly evil, is implied to be raped as "punishment" for her crimes. Feminism!
  • Harry dreams of nothing more than becoming a Wizard Cop and his becoming one is treated like a happy ending despite it being a) bootlicking nonsense and b) a complete contradiction to the themes set up in the series
  • In general Harry remains a passive observer and is totally cool with the status quo of isolationism, racism, blood purity and LITERAL CHATTEL SLAVERY and never does anything to change it
I probably missed stuff, feel free to add more. But yeah these books aren't like Minecraft which is devoid of its creator's shitty views. HP is STEEPED in JKR's bullshit.

A few easy things I'd add/dispute...

• A lot of just regular old misogyny throughout, often from Ron and sometimes from Harry, often seen as totally ok, often never acknowledged because Hermoine and Ron end arguments by waiting till the main plot demands they need to be friends again and never actually resolving anything.
  • The series itself contains her transphobia: there's some pretty questionable shit around Rita Skeeter. Starting from her first physical description.
  • Just, like, an absolute fuckton of fatphobia, usually but not exclusively around Dudley.
  • Disputing one thing: Snape like... never really does anything bad to the kids specifically that would "terrorize" them? And is generally going out of his way to protect Harry throughout. He's mostly just kinda really petty about things and Harry immediately assumes the worst (which probably isn't unfair, but). Obviously still has bizarre/gross stuff with Lily and absolutely does some other bad things (ex: outing Lupin) and the name thing remains ridiculous, though.
Also, it's not exactly a distinct bad thing, but I feel that generally speaking the entire message about discrimination and such is compromised by a complete lack of effort to actually do anything with Muggles/Muggleborns beyond saying Voldemort hates them? You never actually see what Muggle Studies is like or how much wizards actually understand them (beyond Arthur apparently being absolutely terrible at his job), you never really see what Muggleborn people go through with living in both worlds or how it feels to be separated from that for 3/4 of the year to attend school with people who have no fucking idea what you're talking about (and then you also can't talk about it back at home). And meanwhile even the apparent biggest Muggle haters, like the Malfoys, just appear to live like regular rich people plus maybe some cursed artifacts.

And... if you want to get into the movies, we'll be here all day due to how fucking off the rails they get. I'll just start with: there are 3 women of color (maybe people of color in general?) that I can think of in the first Fantastic Beasts movie. One is an outright horrifying racist caricature, one gets has some vibes that get her extremely close to being the same, and one is... the Magic President. In 1920s America. And not only is there absolutely no comment on racism or misogyny there, not even an offhand "yeah wizards are totally cool about that", but in America they explicitly do not allow wizards to associate at all with Muggles to the point of it being a crime. And often comes up in the context of them not being allowed to marry Muggles unlike in Britain. Something that sure has some very disgusting parallels, and yet is apparently enforced by a black woman. Uncommented on.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So do JK and other TERFs just ignore the difference between sex and gender? She says people are trying to erase the concept of sex yet no one is doing that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Good points honestly.

It's understandable to want someone you look (or looked) up to to NOT be a horrible person. We all do it.

But when someone shows you who they really are, believe them. This is JK showing everyone who she really is. Over and over again.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At no point in time have I ever heard any trans activists say shit like "sex isn't real". Like, what?

I'm a married man and I'm still educating myself in this stuff but even I know we live in a world where these things aren't "one or the other". It's fluid. People are fluid and complex.

Why does this asshole think the trans community is going to come along and try to say "sex isn't real"?

Oh god I'm so confused.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
At no point in time have I ever heard any trans activists say shit like "sex isn't real". Like, what?

I'm a married man and I'm still educating myself in this stuff but even I know we live in a world where these things aren't "one or the other". It's fluid. People are fluid and complex.

Why does this asshole think the trans community is going to come along and try to say "sex isn't real"?

Oh god I'm so confused.

It's a strawman argument. The whole point is to make it look like she's got a reasonable point instead of revealing that she's a transphobic monster.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's this "sex is real!" shit she keeps banging on about?

Has there actually been anyone claiming it isn't?

edit: Oh wait, I see now from the above posts. So it's basically just a transphobe variation on "I'm not a Nazi, I'm 'alt-right'"?

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was reading through the JK support tag again and people are really out here saying people arguing against JK are misogynists and anti-feminists for telling her she is wrong. Can people not realize she is the misogynist one for not recognizing trans women are also women?

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck TERFs.​
Quick story : My best friend was a huge fan of HP. Saw every films, owned every books and every year they would marathon them. When they learned that the creator of their favorite world didn't respect them or even acknowledged that they were a woman, they were devastated. They tried for a time to separate the art from the artist, but in the back of their mind it was still there, the thought of the creator not respecting who they are.​
Anyway, it's still incredibly disappointing and frustrating to see JK continue her crusade.​

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I was reading through the JK support tag again and people are really out here saying people arguing against JK are misogynists and anti-feminists for telling her she is wrong. Can people not realize she is the misogynist one for not recognizing trans women are also women?
Oh they realize it, they just hate trans people.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looking through that hashtag, there's a lot of kpop and white people.

The K-Pop is intentional. K-Pop stans have been flooding hashtags that are discriminatory in order to drown out the hate and invalidate the tag's purpose. After all, how will people like transphobic tweets when they have to dig under mountains of fancams to find them.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
The K-Pop is intentional. K-Pop stans have been flooding hashtags that are discriminatory in order to drown out the hate and invalidate the tag's purpose. After all, how will people like transphobic tweets when they have to dig under mountains of fancams to find them.
Doesn't that make the hashtag trend even more though?

Status
Not open for further replies.