• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
This looks like a perfect psvr game.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
After Puyo Puyo Tetris, I've been wanting a game that just focuses on Tetris but isn't bad like Tetris Ultimate. I'm so excited for this. I do wonder how a vs mode would work with some of the things they're introducing.

I wish we'd get gameplay footage from someone who is actually good at modern Tetris. I get annoyed watching gameplay if I feel like I'd do better lol.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Looks great but the player window could be a bit larger no? Or am i missing the point here?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
So is this basically just Tetris but with some incredible music and visuals? Because that's exactly what I want.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I like the crosscultural references. Looks a bit arbitrary and I'd honestly prefer a more abstract style in the likes of Thumper. Referencing a rite doesn't make playing Tetris more of a rite for me. Showing underwater animals doesn't make it more immersive. The qualities of the game are already in its ritual and also in its "immersive" or "hypnotic" effect. But I don't need symbols that represent these ideas while playing. Hoping for a highly customizable interface and more abstract designs.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this looks really good and interesting. Finally a Tetris that is fresh and adapted to this new age.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It looks interesting, but I find the background visuals really distracting. I hope you can disable them.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Looks great but the player window could be a bit larger no? Or am i missing the point here?
I think it's a result of the VR thing. If you design the visuals surrounding the matrix to encourage a wandering eye in VR, the stuff around the outsides would be lost in normal play.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
So is this basically just Tetris but with some incredible music and visuals? Because that's exactly what I want.
It also has a mechanic where you build up a meter as you clear lines then you can activate a "slow down time" kind of ability that lets you try and stack line clears for a brief time to get a larger bonus score.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Something about watching footage of someone suck at Tetris is so viscerally frustrating to me.

Game looks rad though.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like how distracting the visual effect can be when you complete a line. Too bad.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
It looks incredibly cool, but I can't help but worry that all that visual noise is going to get in the way of gameplay.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely trippy.

I can see all the musics/themes becoming excessively heavy after a while though...

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After Puyo Puyo Tetris, I've been wanting a game that just focuses on Tetris but isn't bad like Tetris Ultimate. I'm so excited for this. I do wonder how a vs mode would work with some of the things they're introducing.

I wish we'd get gameplay footage from someone who is actually good at modern Tetris. I get annoyed watching gameplay if I feel like I'd do better lol.
Theres a video of this game being played by Trey Harrison. He actually plays it in VR and is surprisingly better in that mode. (video creator is not welcome here so I'm not going to link it).

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Ya, I didn't read every single post, juust OP and some of the quoted posts. So that's my disclaimer but -- do we know if there is an option to make the actual game field larger? I'll be playing on a PS4, not VR. I mean, I love tetris, love lumines, but ... can we get it bigger?

Bonus confession: I called it "loo-mines" until about the time the Vita version came out and discovered it was "Loo-min-nuss" like Luminate/Light-up.

Edit:

Then walk closer to it. It's in VR.

Well for me, I'll be playing right at my desk. I'll be able to "see" I ... just would like it bigger. I used to play Lumines (many hours) on psp and vita.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
yooo the last one

SeparateTartBellfrog-max-1mb.gif

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, this looks really good and interesting. Finally a Tetris that is fresh and adapted to this new age.

With that mechanic to clear potentially more than 16 lines I think we have the first variation that is a legit sequel to Classic Tetris. I am getting stoked for this goty contender.

So its Tetris with a bunch of stuff in the background in VR. Lol
No. It is Tetris with a clever intuitive mechanic that allows you to clear more than 4 lines.

It is going to be hype pushing ourselves to break our last maximum line clear.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Theres a video of this game being played by Trey Harrison. He actually plays it in VR and is surprisingly better in that mode. (video creator is not welcome here so I'm not going to link it).

I watched that video when it was posted. His gameplay wasn't impressive even in VR tbh. Very slow.

I'd like to see someone like John Tran try Tetris Effect.

Fab

Oct 28, 2017
This game looks freaking amazing on an OLED, maybe I should pick up Rez on my PS4 too, have it on the PC/Vive, but watching this has me wanting to double dip.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks so good and immersive. I seriously can't wait for this game to come out!

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Can you zoom into the actual game screen a little more when you play it?

Not seeing the genius of this vs something like Puyo Puyo Tetris, it's like playing Tetris with visualizers from winamp or something in the background.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This will be another double dip for me like Lumines Remastered was. PS4 and Switch when it eventually comes there. I also heard there was a zoom option to allow you to make the board larger.

So its Tetris with a bunch of stuff in the background in VR. Lol

This is just one mode they're showing off right now (normal marathon mode). But it also has the new Zone mechanic which you can see being used during the second skin in the linked video.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't this be possible on a headset like Oculus Go, with just the pointer as a control? Exclusivity aside, of course. Hopefully that's what they're planning, putting this on Gear and Go eventually.