• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
apnews.com

AP Sources: FBI is investigating Texas attorney general

DALLAS (AP) — The FBI is investigating allegations that Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton broke the law in using his office to benefit a wealthy donor, according to two people with knowledge of the probe.

The FBI is investigating allegations that Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton broke the law in using his office to benefit a wealthy donor, according to two people with knowledge of the probe.

Federal agents are looking into claims by former members of Paxton's staff that the high-profile Republican committed bribery, abuse of office and other crimes to help Austin real estate developer Nate Paul, the people told The Associated Press. They insisted on anonymity to discuss the investigation because it is ongoing.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Read up on this dude, dude is so dirty how did he get elected

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Read up on this dude, dude is so dirty how did he get elected

posters-3d-golden-letter-r.jpg.jpg

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The guy he's going down for is real shady (Nate Paul - world class capital). His real estate company owns tons of downtown empty lots and he never develops them even tho the market is suuuppper hot

He's (Nate) been raised by the FBI like 6 times this year.

This is also Paxton's second ongoing criminal case.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He was already indicted on separate charges before 2018 he still hasn't gone on trial for and people still voted for him over Justin Nelson just because he's a Republican. Probably the most corrupt Republican we have in Texas.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this crook's getting investigated! Hopefully the first in a long line of corrupt pieces of shit (that just happen to be Republican... fancy that!).

Soon the government is gonna lock me up for my maga hat and being white!
In all reality, that would be doing a big favor to the rest of the good, law-abiding, non-racists, non-white supremacists of this nation that are just trying to exist and make this country TRULY a greater place to live for ALL Americans and those that seek asylum here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Uh so this is getting super weird...

UPDATE, Nov. 17: The victims in a weekend shooting at a central El Paso home have been identified, both were lawyers who worked for the Texas Attorney General's Office.

Georgette Kaufman was shot and killed, while her husband 47-year-old Daniel Kaufman remained hospitalized Tuesday in stable condition but was expected to recover.

The couple's 16-year-old son was in Dallas for a fencing tournament at the time of the shootings, according to his coaches. The teen has been staying with another relative since his return to El Paso on Sunday.

Police have not yet made any arrests in the attack.

I'd want to say maybe this is some coincidence but this definitely seems like some shit is going on with this AG. This story may get even more wild.

kvia.com

Attorney couple were intended victims in central El Paso shooting that left wife dead, husband hurt - KVIA

UPDATE, Nov. 18: Police on Wednesday said it appeared a married couple who were shot, one fatally, at their central El Paso home were the targets of their attacker. "There is no indication at present time that any other person was the intended victim of this crime," police said in a statement...

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

I'd want to say maybe this is some coincidence but this definitely seems like some shit is going on with this AG. This story may get even more wild.

kvia.com

Attorney couple were intended victims in central El Paso shooting that left wife dead, husband hurt - KVIA

UPDATE, Nov. 18: Police on Wednesday said it appeared a married couple who were shot, one fatally, at their central El Paso home were the targets of their attacker. "There is no indication at present time that any other person was the intended victim of this crime," police said in a statement...

before reading this i thought "oh, republicans have weaponized doubt regarding the FBI so much that they could just say the deep state was working against them and win re-elections no sweat" but this... uh...

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Uh... holy shit if this was connected. It may be why the FBI's getting involved.
before reading this i thought "oh, republicans have weaponized doubt regarding the FBI so much that they could just say the deep state was working against them and win re-elections no sweat" but this... uh...
This is so so weird. especially these folks working in their office, and well to do attorneys. Like i know sometimes there are random home invasions, but the timing of this is very very weird. On top of that most of the time people who invade homes would not just pull up into somebodies place. Def need to keep an eye on this because it's definitely easy to tell if this was a legit invasion or not, and definitely curious about the wife surviving

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

kvia.com

holy shit

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
This is so so weird. especially these folks working in their office, and well to do attorneys. Like i know sometimes there are random home invasions, but the timing of this is very very weird. On top of that most of the time people who invade homes would not just pull up into somebodies place. Def need to keep an eye on this because it's definitely easy to tell if this was a legit invasion or not, and definitely curious about the wife surviving

Given that they're both attorneys, and they attacked right when their kid was away at a fencing competition, they were probably living in an area where home invasions don't really happen-- especially ones that result in death (probably just burglaries).

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Given that they're both attorneys, and they attacked right when their kid was away at a fencing competition, they were probably living in an area where home invasions don't really happen-- especially ones that result in death (probably just burglaries).
EXXXXACTLY. Most people who rob homes aren't going into seemingly affluent areas. Looked up the area in zillow and its a pretty nice area overall, middle class area. With some very nice homes too. Most of the time these things don't turn bad, and usually when people even rob you its more than Likely its somebody you already know vs a stranger. And the time of it being around 9-10 pm definitely seems weird.