Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
plumbers showed up at 9:30pm unannounced, right before i was about to go to bed, and spent the past hour and a half fixing my water... i am so confused but relieved

This week has been hell

Oct 28, 2017
I just took the coldest and shortest shower of my life. It was really uncomfortable at first but i got through it. Probably should have done this when it was 72 degrees outside.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
78758 here and our water is milky brown and smells AWFUL. We've been boiling it at a good rate and dumping the result in my sous vide reservoirs but this has me wondering if even that is safe considering the color/odor.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
78758 here and our water is milky brown and smells AWFUL. We've been boiling it at a good rate and dumping the result in my sous vide reservoirs but this has me wondering if even that is safe considering the color/odor.

We had something bit same happen when there was major maintenance work done to neighborhood main waterlines. Once water was turned back on it was milky with bit of an odor as work done + return of the water / pressure so system got rust etc. moving that had been forming in the main lines for decades. We were told to run the water until it cleared, took a bit.

If not looking to run up water bill I would reach out to your local water municipal and ask them for what course of action to take.

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
I feel most of us who went through this are dealing with some sort of PTSD. My wife and I spent the weekend basically resting and recovering which is rare for us. Usually we are hustling out there.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry you have a 20k electric bill, but we'll make it so you only have a 2nd car payment instead- win win!

OP
OP
Ottaro

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
One week later.
FPbwGFI.jpg

2jmpmr0.jpg

j7Iffg0.jpg

9fg9czF.jpg

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Man, went to eat last night at Carpenter's Hall (our water is off, and it was outside and distanced, dont @ me) and most tables were just bitching about the power outage. Seemed like most people there were local and most of central Austin was offline from Sunday-Thursday.

Then this woman at one of the tables just started talking to everyone super loud there about how we are all pussies and can't handle the cold, and she lived in Maine once and the problem wasn't the power outage but that Texan's just can't drive in ice and it was our fault not the Governor. After the near riot calmed down she admitted she only lost power for 2 hours.

Mother fuckers that start 2" from the finish line always with the boot strap advice.

I swear to god, its like the entire country thinks we don't know what ice and snow are and none of us have ever ventured outside (or lived outside of) the state.

Like, I've lived through Blizzards in NYC. They sucked, but my apartment was never below freezing inside.