• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
My gut instincts tell me that there is more to this story that will come to light. There are inconsistencies in his "apology."

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
This is merely the modern Republican Party, 100% mask off: "Fuck you, you elected me, but I don't have to govern. And by the way, thanks for your money. God wants it this way. Also, I'm the victim here."

Most Republicans are savvy enough to leave at least a thin veil of "looking out for the little guy" on when they hold office.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
It is, due in large part to a(n over)reaction to the Cold War, as well as preexisting cultural narratives about "rugged individualism", particularly concerning the Old West (which is largely a myth, as those settlers were able to thrive specifically because of strong communal ties) and the idea of the American Dream.

I'm liking these different perspectives on the matter. This one is super interesting.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
does this guy want people to jump on a bike and start generating their own electricity? what is he even talking about?
get your ass out on the prairie, son, and milk a cactus like a real man! gut a heifer and hide inside for warmth! bathe in blood! be a maaaaaaaaaan

No, I don't fucking know either but I guess now that everyone in his house has lost their jobs, he's about to figure it out, huh.

Aug 27, 2018
get your ass out on the prairie, son, and milk a cactus like a real man! gut a heifer and hide inside for warmth! bathe in blood! be a maaaaaaaaaan

No, I don't fucking know either but I guess now that everyone in his house has lost their jobs, he's about to figure it out, huh.
And they better not be looking for any handouts dagummit!

Spartacris

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm deeply offended by the content of the tweets, but I'm also disgusted by his grammar and punctuation.

The man is almost illiterate and most sentences end with an exclamation mark.

People should vote for candidates than can write. Please.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Because of assholes like this, the perception that government is always inept continues to perpetuate, causing people to wonder why they should pay higher taxes, which then opens up the door for this asshole's friends to swoop in with their for profit private businesses to save the day.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these Evangelical fuckers. Most fake Christians around. Can they go and official just say their Lord is supply side Jesus already.

Imagining invoking good in your stupid, completely incorrect tirade any how you're lazy of you don't have electricity and that is a moral issue rather than you know helping your fucking neighbor like that Bible says right there.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I'm deeply offended by the content of the tweets, but I'm also disgusted by his grammar and punctuation.

The man is almost illiterate and most sentences end with an exclamation mark.

People should vote for candidates than can write. Please.

ok, what you're describing is a "coastal elite". we don't like those.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. So if I'm in the town of that mayor and I'm without power and my water doesn't work, I'm supposed to somehow supply my own electricity and water? "Come on son, we're going to build a power plant and a well in the backyard." "But dad it's like a foot of snow out there."

JFC Did the mayor not think through how stupid all that sounds?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Fuck these Evangelical fuckers. Most fake Christians around. Can they go and official just say their Lord is supply side Jesus already.

Imagining invoking good in your stupid, completely incorrect tirade any how you're lazy of you don't have electricity and that is a moral issue rather than you know helping your fucking neighbor like that Bible says right there.
Pretty sure Jesus said "and fuck my neighbors. This here is my bread and fish. Mine."

The Trump bible coming to your local gun shop this Christmas

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the old "I was taken out of context", in which the context is just as bad or worse than the passage. That's a far right favorite.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. So if I'm in the town of that mayor and I'm without power and my water doesn't work, I'm supposed to somehow supply my own electricity and water? "Come on son, we're going to build a power plant and a well in the backyard." "But dad it's like a foot of snow out there."

JFC Did the mayor not think through how stupid all that sounds?

Well sure, it *sounds* stupid when you take it out of context!

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
Throw his ass out there and let him deal with it on his own. He doesn't take handouts after all.

What a fucking buffoon

Sociopathic misanthropes are good at getting into positions of power and authority, but they sure do react badly to actual crises that require them to lead in those positions.

Mostly they just lash out at the people they're supposed to be responsible for and blame them for existing.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Made the classic blunder of applying outgroup logic to the ingroup.

How do people become so god damned hateful?

They don't see it as hate. They see it as uplifting others in the teach a man to fish vein, whereas leftists are more than happy to allow people to wallow in suffering and despair, forever dependent on a government that will never allow them to fully realize their potential.

The thing, though, is...you're not supposed to apply this to fellow conservatives. Like, if I need help, it's not a lack of internal fortitude, it's someone in understandable distress needing assistance. It's those other people who bring their misfortunes on their own head, and who need a good hard dose of tough love to straighten them out.

The genius ex-mayor in the OP screwed the formula up.

Last edited:

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
I miss the times when these were things I laughed at cause Mayor Quimby would say them.

Over the last four-plus years, bw social media and Trump and his followers laying waste to decorum and decency, it's just all too real, and all too common.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The wonderful thing about democracy is people will get the representatives they deserve. The horrifying part about democracy is people will get the representatives they deserve.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
I feel like the appropriate rebuttal to this is non ironically saying, "we live in a society!"

For fucks sake, conservatives are increasingly hostile to the very things that make human society on a large scale possible.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, upcoming election in May, deadline to file was last week, but he never filed? He resigned really quick too. Feels like something is going on.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Holy shit, what an absolute piece of shit. I can't believe he even had the guts to post that.
I hope he suffers the same way he wished for his "freeloading" constituents.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine so far inside your own ass to believe that water and electricity, which are paid with fucking TAXES by the people, shouldn't be taken for granted.

Oct 28, 2017
''handouts' like water and blankets that would've been paid with with tax dollars coming from those in need. What a complete and utter tool. But by all means, keep voting republican ya'll.