blackmass

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin - Germany
Well you know, there are so many threads about complaining, about fighting and fussing. So why not the other way around?

My reason is actually quite stupid, but better than nothing.

I want to thank Ubisoft for not shutting down servers of Ghost Recon Future Soldier on PS3 yet. It's like eight or nine years out and can I still play it without a problem. (omg, my standards seem to be very low)

So yeah, thank you Ubisoft for great games and supporting them for so long.

(Please no sarcastic posts)

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Sure OP. I'll chime in.

Thank you Nintendo for the Switch and thank you to all the devs hard at work supporting it.

Thank you Digital Extremes for never giving up on Warframe.

Thank you Capcom for bringing Dragon's Dogma to Switch.

Thank you Respawn for Apex Legends and the Titanfall series! And a special thank you to Miyazaki for my personal GOTY Sekiro.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the best video games on the market today are made by developers. Thanks.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Toby Fox made a popular video game that initially included a segment that was difficult to play for certain colorblind people. After receiving this feedback, he later patched the game to make the colors in that segment much easier for them to distinguish.

Thank you, Toby Fox, for your responsiveness to accessibility concerns!

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you Nintendo for making the best fucking game console I've ever owned

And thank you Microsoft for Game Pass

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you Falcom for making good JRPGs.

Purchase Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel today!

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Thank you Sony for investing in the games I most enjoy.

Thank you Microsoft for supporting backwards compatibility.

Thank you Capcom for learning from their mistakes and smashing it out of the park this gen.

Thank you hard working devs.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Thanks to all the devs in this forum that don't give up on games even after reading so many complaints and negativity.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Thank you to all the developers at Sony for the best console of this Gen and my favorite games!

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
great thread idea! love it

thank you nintendo for being the best, for putting out the switch and supporting it with amazing games, and creating the best platform for indie games, and enabling me to play some 3rd party ports i wouldn't have touched otherwise

thank you team cherry for creating hollow knight, pricing it so low, supporting it with a truck load of free additional content, and for working on what looks like an amazing sequel

thank you jupiter for developing my yearly crack, picross

thank you kamiya for creating okami and bayonetta

thank you bethesda for the switch ports

thank you sirvo for creating threes, a mobile game i've been playing pretty much every day for like 5 years

and thank you all devs for keeping this great industry alive

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, Matt and crew, for making such a heart-warming yet conscious game about anxiety and depression. Celeste is very important to me and many of my friends.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Can we all take a second to also thank QA people?

One of the most ungrateful jobs in the industry. You work your ass off, and yet, every single thing is blamed on you. Even when you reported the bugs, and are waived by devs/producers/etc, somehow is still your fault according to most people.

You all do an amazing job QA guys!

Last edited:

Siggy

Dec 12, 2017
I'd like to thank developers of easily accessible engines with fairly permissive licences like Unity 3D or Godot for having lowered the barrier of entry into the production side of gaming, allowing a wider variety of people to express themselves in this medium.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
great thread idea! love it

thank you nintendo for being the best, for putting out the switch and supporting it with amazing games, and creating the best platform for indie games, and enabling me to play some 3rd party ports i wouldn't have touched otherwise

thank you team cherry for creating hollow knight, pricing it so low, supporting it with a truck load of free additional content, and for working on what looks like an amazing sequel

thank you jupiter for developing my yearly crack, picross

thank you kamiya for creating okami and bayonetta

thank you bethesda for the switch ports

thank you sirvo for creating threes, a mobile game i've been playing pretty much every day for like 5 years

and thank you all devs for keeping this great industry alive
tldr

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Thanks to Christian Whitehead and every talented developer that made Sonic Mania.

That game was legitimately important for me to start feeling better about myself and to be where Im at right now.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you all involved in making video games who put a piece of yourselves in your games. Thank you for giving a fuck. I truly appreciate it and cherish it.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
thank you snk for your brave shot at samsho 2019, it looks great, looking forward to it and day1

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Thank you SEGA for not dropping Sonic after two decades of controversy.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Thank you SEGA for bringing Yakuza games to PC.

Thank you Ubisoft for proving that you folks still know how to make your formula fun, with AC Origins.

Thank you Valve, for making PC Gaming viable almost anywhere to everyone with Steam, and for improving CSGO for over 6 years, providing the best and funniest esport scene to follow.

Thank you EA Sports, FIFA never stopped changing and improving over the years as some may accuse it to. Soccer games were never this easy yet satisfying to play as a casual, and it's also an awesome game to watch in pro level.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
Thanks to all the Japanese developers who all made a comeback since last generation. It was rough back then for people that liked Japanese games, but now this generation is really awesome for us. From Software, Nintendo, Capcom, the list goes on.

Thanks to all the developers who do their damnest in working on games that they feel like isn't going to work out, going through the stress. You're all stronger people than I. Hopefully you guys find work elsewhere that's better for your mental and physical health if possible.

Special thanks to Nintendo for reinvigorating my love for console gaming again with the Switch. It's rapidly becoming my favorite console of all time.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you modders and devs.

Thanks Square-Enix for FF7, 11, and 12.

Thanks Sony for making a variety of games that lead to me being exposed to games I would have probably never given a chance. Also for providing a place for devs from other publishers to do wacky stuff on PS2 like PS2 + PC with Japan + the West on the same server, <Thank You>.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks to Nintendo and all JP devs making a huge comeback and making huge strides in gameplay

Thanks to Sony for pushing the medium forward as a cinematic art form

Thanks to indie devs for continuing to prove people who underestimate them wrong

Thanks to PR and QA teams for trying to clean up messes and shitshows

And thanks to every dev out there for pouring your heart, blood, and tears into your projects! You deserve better, and I hope you'll make projects that you'll be proud of!

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Thank you devs who work towards inclusion through representation and accessibility. You are doing important work.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
It's pretty cool to be working on a game, slogging through a tough thing, taking a break to read the headlines and finding this.

So, uh...you're welcome! =)

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you devs, you give so much of your heart, soul, sweat, tears, and TIME to this industry all so us laymen & laywomen can kill time in a most pleasurable manner.

It is a thankless job so here are some heartfelt thanks.

<3

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Lots of love for the big ones: SONY, Microsoft and Nintendo.
Lots of love for Moon Studios
Lots of love for Playground Games
Lots of love for SONY Santa Monica
Lots of love for 4A Games
Lots of love for ASOBI Team
Lots of love for CAPCOM Div. 1
Lots of love for Vicarious Visions and Beenox

I could keep going, but the list would be infinite.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
While I have yet to start on the PS4/XB1/Switch generation I am pleased that the conversation of developers getting fairer working conditions has not ended, you guys out there work brutually long hours to deliver a game to people that you hope they will enjoy. You all deserve to be able to work hard and passionately at what you do, and also be able to live your life outside of work as you are doing this not just for us but your families and loved ones.

One particular company which I believe has good working conditions on this front is Insomniac Games, the amount of stuff you guys make is insane and glad you found massive success with Spiderman! :)

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you to all the developers still making completed, polished single player games with all of the content right on the disc/cart at launch. I will likely abandon this hobby when you become extinct.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Thanks to all the young, bright-eyed devs for your optimism. You still have a few years left before you give up hope!

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
Thank you team cherry for despite being such a small team, putting out Hollow knight and supporting it with three freecontent packs while having the game be only 15 dollars for all the value it provides, you're too good for this world fellas.