• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
My Thoughts on Project Stream:

In the middle of an upgrade to a new PC, I am currently stuck with a 780 GTX 6Gb video card. Haven't been gaming on my PC for two years now thanks to console gaming so I decided to try out Project Stream for AC:O. Man, you talking about a lifesaver. My current video card is the MINIMUM required video card. But Project stream gets rid of the need for requirements and just plain play on any PC specs. I took my PS4 controller and plugged it into the laptop USB and gaming was an easy go. I mean, I can play this game at work and not worry about installing any type of software. My boss was impressed, and told me I can play it on the work PC, but only at lunch time or on my break. I come home, break out my Chromebook and I am playing a full-fledge game without the high specs requirements. I think this will be the next step in Video Game Evolution. I did have some times where the connection wasn't as strong, but 95% of the time, the gameplay was crystal clear for me. I am really sad that the beta will be over and now two weeks from now, I will have to upgrade my PC to get the same settings as Project Stream. Can't wait for another Beta selection from Project Stream again. I think I am Addicted. My only fear is that EVERY publisher might go this route and there will not be a centralized hub for all of your gaming needs and bypass Steam/Google..etc (go to EA for EA games, go to SquareEnix for SquareEnix games...etc), and that would suck.

My thoughts on AC:O :

Have to say that this has to be the best Assassin Creed game yet. This is the first time that I want to play this game more than 5 hours and made me feel sad that I have to let this game go for awhile. Great story, better than Origins and the gameplay is everything I wanted in a open world game(even better than RDR2). The game is so huge, I might get over 100 hours of gameplay on it. Two weeks from now, I will be getting the game from UBIsoft for free, but now I have to depend on my PC spec to play this game. I better go shopping for my upgrade parts.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Odyssey is a winner for sure*, wherever they set the next one (hoping for Rome or Japan) it'll look glorious in 2020, especially on next gen machines.

*Fuck the boars though.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing nothing but AC:OD for the last few days and it's probably my favorite AC so far.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Odyssey is incredibly dope, yes. It was a very good choice for Google to demo their streaming tech, too.

Pro-tip. If you whistle for your horse, you can just keep running in the direction you were going, and Kassandra will leap onto the horse as it runs up beside her. Those little QoL improvements are great.

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
Odyssey is a winner for sure*, wherever they set the next one (hoping for Rome or Japan) it'll look glorious in 2020, especially on next gen machines.

*Fuck the boars though.
AC Brotherhood was set in Rome if you haven't already played it. Check it out, among the best of the "classic" AC games.

OP
OP
Josh378

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Project Stream is definitely the future of gaming. I was surprised how well it worked.

Agreed. I wonder how this affect a Physical console when Both Sony and MS (Obviously Nintendo isn't going to Phase out consoles for data streaming...EVER) goes in this direction in the next 10 years. Also, will Steam offer the option to stream your game and/or install the game directly? I'm excited about this future.

OP
OP
Josh378

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Project stream is still going. Been playing it today. Thank You Google!!!!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Fuck you, Project Stream. I signed up the day after it was announced (US), and never got an invite.

Fourth Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I've really enjoyed it and am super impressed by the technology. Also really diggin ACO - it's my first Assassin's Creed game and it's been fun (if a bit overwhelmingly huge). Used those helix credits on the XP booster the other day, but I played the whole prelude portion of the game without it.

Yeah, it's still up for me too. Just tried it. Btw, anyone get the email with details on how to download the complimentary PC copy?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
*Fuck the boars though.

Oh god, fuck all of those hunting missions. Everyone terrible.

And yes, Project Stream was the first time streaming has ever worked out of the box for me. Got 70 hours in on AssCreeOy all on streaming and had a 97% flawless experience.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, fuck all of those hunting missions. Everyone terrible.

The only one I had a problem with was the farting warthog, though I was relieved to find it was a pain in the ass for many others too.

AC Brotherhood was set in Rome if you haven't already played it. Check it out, among the best of the "classic" AC games.

i've been playing since the first Creed launched, Brotherhood is my absolute favourite in the series.

But Renaissance Rome is apparently a bit different from Roman Empire Rome and I think it'd be a good bookend to this trilogy they're doing with Layla. The only problem is it might look too similar to Greece...

After that hopefully we get Japan or China.