Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And boy I can't believe I went this long without knowing about this. When I signed to Disney I was expecting to watch their main classics but I've been binging on this show and haven't even bothered with anything else. it's just amazing.
The writing is fantastic and the action amazing.

In fact I'll probably go as far as saying it's overtaken the batman animation series for me.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I certainly wouldn't say it's as good as Batman : TAS, or as good as Superman : TAS, but it was a fun ride. The six forgotten warriors saga was a lot of fun in particular.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
While I can't agree that it's better than BTAS (what a miracle to get those two around the same time) it's certainly fantastic and is probably completely responsible for my childhood obsession with Spidey.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
era will tell you its horrible, dont listen to era op. still the best peter parker voice

Dec 31, 2017
My first intro to the character.
I like college age Peter and the problems that brings.

Spider Slayers and Venom was so fucking hype.

My second favorite animated depiction of New York City behind Gargoyles.

Great series.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Loved this show! I watched it with my younger brother when it was on Netflix years ago.

Oct 31, 2017
bruh, what

That Peter Parker inner monologue was the shit

Show is underrated because Spider-Man didn't punch people but I never noticed as a kid

It's an an awesome little mini MCU. There's a fucking Secret Wars arc

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Yeah I've been binging this and the X-Men animated series, which is equally fan fucking tastic, as of late...

I love them both.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
xOu2dOa.gif

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
The animation is awful, the dialogue is stilted and often rushed or nonsensical, but it's pretty true to the comics and it was what made me obsessed with spider man as a kid in the 90's so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I've just added it to my list. I'll start as soon as I'm done with spiderman.

If you like spidey you'll enjoy that too. There's the iron man & fantastic four animated series as well, but they're very obviously a step down from xmen or spidey. I think silver surfer was good (been a long time though), but quite short

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite Spider-Man media. Kingpin was wonderful as the main antagonist force and his relationship with Alistair Smythe was great.

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its somewhat okay until the budget goes to shit and they re-use scenes/animation for more than half of each episode. it doesn't come anywhere close to Batman TAS. Spectacular Spider-Man is 4000 times better

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
That show mad me a Spider-Man fan, it has some flaws and I won't pretend it was perfect but it was and still is a lot of fun and a good take in the character and stories.

The X-Men cartoon is pretty bad though, I had fond memories of it too but it doesn't hold up.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how much story they cram into episodes since the pacing is so fast.

Best Spidey series.

Oct 29, 2017
That Peter is still the voice I hear when I read comics. It's cheesy and very 90s but I love it. I revisited it recently too cause of Disney +.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I loved Spiderman TAS. AS soon as Disney+ is availble where I live I'm rewatching it...together with X men, that was my favorite.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The pilot episode with the Lizard was sexy. Classic TV animation move tho. High budget pilot to create a fanbase.

Jamh

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
To me it's pretty much a tie between this and Spectacular Spider-Man for #1 Spidey cartoon series. I still can't believe Batman TAS and Power Rangers were what kept Spidey from being able to punch anyone though. Since you haven't seen X-Ment TAS make sure you check that out as they guest star in the series.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Spetacular is absolutely better, but 90's spidey deserves some kudos for going way too faitfhfull on some comic story arcs

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Always bothered me how "wide" Peter's build is portrayed in the 90's cartoon.
From reading the comics around the same era I felt Spider-man was muscular, but with a much slimmer "agile-looking" build.

Am I alone?

I mean look at this dude:
5-spiderman-1994-peter-parker.jpg

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I enjoyed it well enough during its original run, especially paired with X-Men and the other Marvel animated series of the time, but I can't imagine it's held up nearly as well as some of its contemporaries.