Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
for a retro arcade or 16 bits feeling , I recommend to update the shaders ( slang ) and use "the crt-geom-slang" shaders for perfect scanlines.

You can also set the curvature in " shaders parameters "

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of annoying problem. I have dev mode activated but I can't access my Xbox via the IP in a browser. I see it on the network when I look at my attached devices on the gateway (192.168.1.3) but it times out.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
its the same game, the arcade rom runs on Final burn alpha core(like neo geo), I mistakenly ran it on MAME core and you just get a black screen.
I made sure years ago I got this and the simpsons game. They all play AND SOUND great which is incredible.

The best part of these games is spamming the insert coin button [select], we play until we beat it.

real retro game that I do play is the championship edition with friends.
fbadb2fab02da2fdaed86fca9507b2a9.jpg

everyone who sees this machine thinks they can just step into my garage and woop my ass.
Thats what this cabinet does to you. its magic. It draws that out of people, with its original cigarette burns between the screen and joystick & buttons of arcade yore.

But believe me when I say
I never lose in my own garage.
Awesome haha, Amiga is my thing but arcades is the second best thing about retro gaming 👍

I don't know the state of mid 90s arcade emulation but it would be absolutely wild if this thing could run Model 2 games and if you could use a steering wheel - Sega Rally!

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone else has this problem I figured my issue with not being able to run my PS2 games, you need to switch the video from GL to dx11.

So awesome playing PS2 games at 1080p :D

MachRc

Oct 6, 2020
Awesome haha, Amiga is my thing but arcades is the second best thing about retro gaming 👍

I don't know the state of mid 90s arcade emulation but it would be absolutely wild if this thing could run Model 2 games and if you could use a steering wheel - Sega Rally!

Its so funny you mention model 2. I downloaded both Daytonaaaaaaaaaa and virtual racing the arcade am2 versions. And it looks like they don't work. Its suggested to go get the sega32x ports of both.

Man that expert bridge level in daytona with that 4 speed manual transmission. High speed turning popping into 1st turn in and right into 3rd to slide through the turns and power out. Everyone holding onto that start button before race begins to do solo mode without cpus. Me and all my friends memorized that course and played at Pacman arcade like everyday for many years.

Pacman arcade has been gone for years. Luckily I have seen some daytona machines at Dave and busters.

Wasted all day and night just configuring scanning directories adding cover photos, fine tuning the right cores, controls, just making a list of favorites after testing the gazillion stuff. Emulators can be draining. Shits draining me y'all

So many games , so little time with each, why am I messing with n64 games right now when I can be playing something more current. I thunk im ust suler high on the fact that unsigned stuff is running on the new Xbox so early in its life.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Okay what do I do if retroarch doesn't want to launch anymore? I tried restarting my console and all that multiple times and it just won't work. I don't want to resort to uninstalling the app and reinstalling since that won't be possible after next week.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Okay what do I do if retroarch doesn't want to launch anymore? I tried restarting my console and all that multiple times and it just won't work. I don't want to resort to uninstalling the app and reinstalling since that won't be possible after next week.
You could try deleting the config file with the free file manager. That will reset everything to default.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Its so funny you mention model 2. I downloaded both Daytonaaaaaaaaaa and virtual racing the arcade am2 versions. And it looks like they don't work. Its suggested to go get the sega32x ports of both.
Bummer. Sega Rally was the first game I ever played with steering wheel, I know the sequel was more impressive visually etc but SR1 is still the most fun rally game I've played.
So many games , so little time with each, why am I messing with n64 games right now when I can be playing something more current. I thunk im ust suler high on the fact that unsigned stuff is running on the new Xbox so early in its life.
lol yeah I should play Assassin's Creed Valhalla, but nah I just play Amiga games :)

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
What do you mean it won't be possible after next week? If you have the app, you will have it forever.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
anyone know the wait time for when he whitelist because i submitted mine last night at like 10 pm and will we get an email notification or discord notification if we get accepted ?

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
So I can't get the PCSX2 Emulator to run, even without a game it crashes when I try to just start core without content.

When I try without a game it says "Could not read content file "". (during copy read)".
When I try using the game I just ripped, "Failed to load content".

I re-ripped the game at 2x just to be sure, installed PCSX2 on my PC and it works fine there.
Game is copied to 'System' on the internal drive. I get the 'failed to load from VFS thing when I try from USB.

The PS1 games I ripped using the PBP thing work fine. SNES/GBA/N64 all seem to work fine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
So I can't get the PCSX2 Emulator to run, even without a game it crashes when I try to just start core without content.

When I try without a game it says "Could not read content file "". (during copy read)".
When I try using the game I just ripped, "Failed to load content".

I re-ripped the game at 2x just to be sure, installed PCSX2 on my PC and it works fine there.
Game is copied to 'System' on the internal drive. I get the 'failed to load from VFS thing when I try from USB.

The PS1 games I ripped using the PBP thing work fine. SNES/GBA/N64 all seem to work fine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you need the PCSX2 folder from that video on System

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone else has this problem I figured my issue with not being able to run my PS2 games, you need to switch the video from GL to dx11.

So awesome playing PS2 games at 1080p :D

Do yours ever shake quickly vertically up and down? Just a few pixels back and forth

Mine do and it's incredibly distracting, I haven't found a work around yet

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Flycast uses GL, PCSX2 uses D3D, so it's an annoyance you need to change if you use both cores

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
Viewtiful Joe US , Mario Kart double dash runs both very well. Specially Viewtiful Joe : perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.