• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing that X-Men thread kinda made me a lil sad. With IW coming out and some heroes probably going away we will miss the chance for some cool interactions. But that's if they brought them into the MCU. Would be difficult to explain Magneto and Wolverine's past when they were never mentioned in First Avenger.

I think that a lot of things will be attached to the Infinity Stones fuckery from these two movies. It will be kinda cheap but it'll work. Oh where did all these mutants came from? Something something the reality Stone changed peoples DNAs or another reality came to fruition due to Thanos and his quest to balance the universe.
Not to mention that in Doctor Strange we learned that there are multiple realities so...there are quite a few options to incorporate the X-Men and other characters to the MCU.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of the cleavage window they've given Scarlet Witch.
Vs5WFLac_o.jpg
EDIT: My mistake, it seems like this was from the end of "Age of Ultron" and isn't her new costume. My bad, folks.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing that X-Men thread kinda made me a lil sad. With IW coming out and some heroes probably going away we will miss the chance for some cool interactions. But that's if they brought them into the MCU. Would be difficult to explain Magneto and Wolverine's past when they were never mentioned in First Avenger.

If it was just Wolvie, I think they could just change his birth to be later or not mention it, similar to how uncle Ben probably happened for MCU Parker but they haven't and don't really need to tell us about it directly.

Changing magnetos from being a Holocaust survivor though wouldn't fly really, so I dunno how they get around that one.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Thor got reinvented yet again for Infinity War? I wonder how this will play out. After seeing Ragnarok, and the way Thor was, I pretty much knew he couldn't be like that in a Russo film and maybe not in an Infinity War film. I mean, I don't want a "new" Thor, I love the Ragnaros take but I dunno if they can make it work. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Well...considering that he'll witness the death of a bunch of Asgardians and probably Loki, I don't expect to him to remain a constant joke machine in Infinity War. And I'm completely fine with that. While he finally got a personality and more depth in Ragnarok, Taika really really went overboard with the jokes. It was like Snyder but in the completely opposite direction.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Well...considering that he'll witness the death of a bunch of Asgardians and probably Loki, I don't expect to him to remain a constant joke machine in Infinity War. And I'm completely fine with that. While he finally got a personality and more depth in Ragnarok, Taika really really went overboard with the jokes. It was like Snyder but in the completely opposite direction.
Meaning he made an honest to goodness good and entertaining superhero film?

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
I kind of agree. I think there were a bit too many jokes in Ragnarok. It undercut some of the tension. Ragnarok was enjoyable and I enjoyed it a lot more than the other Thor films but even some people I watched it with said that there was too much humor.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or you can not retcon it because they don't need to be mutants. They're Avengers, not X-Men.

I wouldn't even really see it as a retcon tbh. A simple "the gem must've activated their dormant X-gene" throwaway line suffices without directly contradicting anything we've been told already. They're Avengers, but given the removal of the legal issues, I'd prefer they be labeled as mutants.

It's like when people say they hate that Marvel killed Ultron without him backing himself up without stopping to think about how easy it'd be to claim Ultron did just that if they ever brought him back again. There are simple writing fixes to be used for these non-issues.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I just got they say 'fuck it' with the whole trilogy thing, at least with Thor, and with Taika a Ragnarok 2. I need more Revengers.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm thinking my re-watch will be Avengers > Winter Soldier > Age of Ultron > Civil War and then I'll finally get around to reading Infinity Gauntlet. THat should be enough to get me in that MCU mindframe.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Just saw some new footage, a tiny bit of Proxima and some funny Guardians. Legit laughed out loud at the GOTG stuff, wonder if anyone of the earth based heroes will learnt to understand Groot.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Meaning he made an honest to goodness good and entertaining superhero film?
I chuckled a little bit. Snyder is all about darkness, drama, slow motion scenes to leave you in complete awe, leaves no room for some sort of relief. Ragnarok has one of the darkest plots in the MCU and it got completely butchered because of reasons.

I kind of agree. I think there were a bit too many jokes in Ragnarok. It undercut some of the tension. Ragnarok was enjoyable and I enjoyed it a lot more than the other Thor films but even some people I watched it with said that there was too much humor.
Exactly! Im not against humor at all and I'm not a Snyder sucker. I prefer a middle ground. Hell, even Homecoming has a more serious tone than Ragnarok.
Seems like an odd complain to make about a comedy.

He got hired for a reason and he delivered on the reason he got hired.
He made a good comedy. That is correct. But what I don't like/understand is why they decided to turn the darkest plot in the MCU in a comedy. It's just...weird. I'm not saying that Ragnarok should've been handled a la Snyder, but perhaps an approach like WS or CW would be better.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
God I hope Taika comes back for the sequel. I need some more neon 80s Thor

Even though it was referenced in Ragnarok, I want him to just do Frog Thor. Just have Hemsworth in the beginning and then 2 hours of nothing but Frog Thor, just to see the people freak the fuck out and claim it's nothing like the comics...when it is.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Russo's are gonna make Hawkeye amazing. That's why I was so disappointed they couldn't get him for Winter Soldier because the scene they described would've been amazing. Cap vs Hawkeye even if they weren't going at it for real would've been cool to see.

Kill off his family and I could legit see a Hawkeye solo film by them which could be as good as TWS.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Russo's are gonna make Hawkeye amazing. That's why I was so disappointed they couldn't get him for Winter Soldier because the scene they described would've been amazing. Cap vs Hawkeye even if they weren't going at it for real would've been cool to see.

Kill off his family and I could legit see a Hawkeye solo film by them which could be as good as TWS.
Well, they did have Hawkeye punching WAY above his weight class in Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.