• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Mackie can be kind of a dick but it never seems to be out of malice as much as... like, tone-deafness. Maybe Brolin? But it could easily be someone out of left field like Pratt.

I really want to know now. Damn Twitter gossip that will never be resolved.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me think it was a bigger star, otherwise the studio wouldn't scramble to destroy the evidence.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Joe confirming, kinda, that the 8 years was not correct.

HavGIsG84Wk

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
If it was Mackie, and he did it because he was mad about that video, I wouldn't hold it against him.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so either but if it was a dude being a douche for no reason or a dude feeling slighted because of something he felt made him look bad, then I dunno, the latter is something that I just can't muster any ill will towards.
Ahhh I see why can be mad now. That sucks though, I hope they make up and be friends. If it is Mackie.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Frosty sounds like a crybaby who couldn't handle his shit when called out on it. Don't start none won't be none.

Last edited:

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just rewatched Age of Ultron. Still has pacing issues but enjoyable. Picked up a lot of hints they dropped for Infinity war.

Dr. strange tomorrow, Civil War and then Thor: Ragnarok last.

Friday 6.30 pm... LETS FUCKING GOOOOO!!!

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Watched Guardians 2 tonight. Seen it 3-4 times now, just as good as the first time. The ending still completely and utterly kills me. It's the most touching moment in all of the MCU.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I had a shower thought the other day about what if they combined Adam Warlock and Magus with elements of Sentry and the Void?

Sure, you might lose out on the backstory of the Sentry, but I feel like it might make them able to work Adam Warlock and Magus into something even more interesting by taking elements of Sentry and the Void.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
If it was Mack, yeah, he's likely still bitter about that video.
Seems like it was him.

There's some guy who posted something like, "I just found out who it was and it's the person everyone thinks it is" and he has some connections to the industry, then later he liked a tweet saying it was Mackie. So it does seem he's still salty about that interview getting edited to make it more spicy.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Won't everyone know when one interview doesn't appear? Also the Letitia Wright and Sebastian Stan ones have been adorable. I hope we get some Bucky and Shuri scenes in Infinity war.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there is one thing that is a negative about the MCU (and trust me I'm a big fan) is how nerfed some of the characters are. Scarlet Witch could be argued that she is still in training and doesn't know her full potential.
Same for Doctor Strange. But even Gamora and Drax are seriously nerfed. I just hope they don't do that to Thanos or the Black Order. I know it was just a short clip but Black Widow being able to fight Corvus is straight up bullshit, that guy almost soloed all of the Xmen.

I hope the next phase goes even crazier with Powersets starting with Captain Marvel and maybe Warlock.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
If there is one thing that is a negative about the MCU (and trust me I'm a big fan) is how nerfed some of the characters are.

I disagree, I see it as a positive. If you make characters too powerful you will have to keep increasing the level of threats that can realistically harm them until eventually you reach ridiculous and completely unrealistic levels of power. I like that the MCU grounds some characters a bit in that regard.

Pilgore

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How the fuck are people taking Mackie's side in this rofl. Dude's a fucking asshole clearly. I've been watching Frosty do interiews way before Collider was anywhere near as big as it is now, Frosty is always super respectful and kind in interviews and he never has problems and issues with actors. That Man of Steel video is the most childish shit with Mackie dragging Frosty for liking a movie. He's clearly bitter and annoyed and he probably wanted to "get back at him" during the IW interview. The interview where he says the video was "edited to make it seem like I said that" was clearly him trying to save face and make it seem like it wasn't him that was being an asshole. Disney deleting the tape for the IW interview is them making sure another Man of Steel situation doesn't surface again. Chastain probably knows it's Mackie as well as she's been working with him for IT 2.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
But even Gamora and Drax are seriously nerfed. I just hope they don't do that to Thanos or the Black Order. I know it was just a short clip but Black Widow being able to fight Corvus is straight up bullshit, that guy almost soloed all of the Xmen.

I think Drax is my least favourite character portrayal in the MCU. His taking everything literally shtick was funny in the first film but it started to grate on me a little in the second. I'd like him to be more of a threat for sure, and hope he is in Infinity War.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I think Drax is my least favourite character portrayal in the MCU. His taking everything literally shtick was funny in the first film but it started to grate on me a little in the second. I'd like him to be more of a threat for sure, and hope he is in Infinity War.
Drax taking everything literally was more of a vol 1 thing, his comedy in vol 2 is way more difference.

In 2 it's more about him not picking up on what's okay to say. Like when he keeps calling Mantis ugly, doesn't get why Peter wouldn't want to hear about Ego and his mom fucking or not understanding that calling Peter a loser is not a good pep talk. His character moved past the whole literal thing in vol 1.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I had a shower thought the other day about what if they combined Adam Warlock and Magus with elements of Sentry and the Void?

Sure, you might lose out on the backstory of the Sentry, but I feel like it might make them able to work Adam Warlock and Magus into something even more interesting by taking elements of Sentry and the Void.

Oh I could see that, but I'd be bummed because a Sentry movie would make a great horror film for the MCU. Then again, it could be a bit much to do Warlock/Magus and Sentry/Void in the same movie series.

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
You saw the movie? You know how the whole scene plays out? You think the Avengers are normal humans? You think they flee to Wakanda because the Black Order are pushovers?
But widow literally is a normal human. Maybe I'm overreacting but I was (and still am) excited to see the black order esp Corvus and proxima, and I don't want them to be generic MCU wastemen.

That clip was just weird and off putting.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Just wait till tomorrow night, that storm is coming. Paid reviews, social reactions are just from fanboys, remember BvS, the last time I listened to critics with a Marvel film I got burned and the good old focus on someone saying it's alright and ignoring the dozens who will call it the best thing since the Sun.

I wish I didn't have to work so early :(

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Just wait till tomorrow night, that storm is coming. Paid reviews, social reactions are just from fanboys, remember BvS, the last time I listened to critics with a Marvel film I got burned and the good old focus on someone saying it's alright and ignoring the dozens who will call it the best thing since the Sun.
Why is this post so accurate though LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.