• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Because there's a thing called psychological distance which is crucial when you're trying to do a fair assessment, and obviously this guy didn't have it

Thus, his conclusion that is completely out of context is only him projecting, instead of being on point. And that's not a review, it's a feeling

Fuck that I want reviewers to be real

The reader should be the one making the distinctions. We dont need to clean up the review process for it to be fair. We dont exist as outside observers looking in. His points are just a relevant and poignant as a so called "clean" review

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great ideas for Doom and F4.

Having Doom be an inverse Loki, starting off in a protagonist costaring role with Strange and then build into a formidable multi-film antagonist would be perfect!

I wouldn't want us to only get 3 mcu movies a year if X-men films have to fit into that cycle, but are 4-5 films a year sustainable for one studio?

Feige said that they can imagine moving to a 4 movie a year schedule in an interview so it's certainly possible.

Oh shit.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 98% sure he will.

i know, sigh, tears on the way...

and since the only things we really know about A4 is Cap Marvel shows up and there are A1 era flashbacks, he could be in-universe dead for the whole film or right until the end of A4 despite being in a chunk of it.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the trailers for IW don't show off anything from the second half of the film.

I realize why they do it but if I could only skip the trailers stuff like "a friend from work" or the cap/bucky/stark fight in Civil War would be so much fresher.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like we gonna get the Infinity War trailer within the next two weeks.

International trailer for Black Panther has released!
They seem to have added in a clip of Thor and a clip from The Avengers.

Some alternate dialogue too. I like the original better, stuff sounds a bit out of place here.

Also LOL at that Avengers shot with the garbo Cap suit.
mjlol.png

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still hold that we'll get the trailer with The Last Jedi. It makes too much sense.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Some alternate dialogue too. I like the original better, stuff sounds a bit out of place here.

Also LOL at that Avengers shot with the garbo Cap suit.
mjlol.png
Lol yeah, I was asking myself why the hell they used that shot of Cap. The Thor shot was cool enough. I like some of the new dialogue, like Shuri explaining our king's new abilities.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I find myself to be in love with his accent. It's one of the cool characteristics of his character. I even find myself doing that accent when I'm alone, it making me feel so royal lol. "what happens here, will change the world"

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
I like the rationalization behind the accent. I don't know if it's accurate or authentic in any way, but I like how it sounds.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The accent is a bit of a mix between several African accents but he tried to model it after a Xhosa accent. John Kani who plays T'Chaka helped him.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chadwick was in another movie, Message from the King, an awful movie, doing the same accent

Shit's bad mane

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Teaser: December 4th online, in theaters with Star Wars.

The screen capture leak seems to confirm the 4th date is legit. If not that exact day, it'll be that week.

Unless it leaks online earlier and it forces Marvel's hand.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just said, it's going online the first week of December. So yes, that means you'll see it sooner than Last Jedi.

Disney's putting it in theaters with Last Jedi.

It's not going in with CoCo. The Disney trailers on that are Last Jedi and Incredibles 2.

Wait, there's an Incredibles 2 trailer?

How the fuck did I miss this???

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Why is yoyo doing the shooting? Unless she was promoted to super agent, Coulson should be holding the gun. Or she could use her power to get under the beast nose and shoot it point blank.

I guess everything will be explained in time.

I wonder if his shield works up there, otherwise he could just activate it and chop that things head off.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Star Angel Parker spoke with CinemaBlend about the first season, I asked her how she thought Runaways compared to other shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil.
Here's what she told me: Well this is definitely for a young audience, so we've got Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, who were at the head of Gossip Girl and The O.C. So there's very much a teen audience, a teen drama element to it. That being said, there's a huge cast of adults and teens, and following their stories. It's very nuanced, sort of like the Netflix shows that are on. But it's still got, as we call it, 'Marvel moments,' you know? When a dinosaur shows up, you know you're in a different world.

'Runaways' Star Allegra Acosta Is Ready to Be Marvel's First On-Screen Latina Superhero
Though the show isn't explicitly political, Acosta sees "Runaways" as a response to Donald Trump's presidency. For Acosta, the show's six lead teens—which primarily consist of women and minorities—symbolize the power that her generation, Generation Z, has in effecting change. And though not confirmed, she also likes to believe that her character's signature pink cat-eared beanie is a nod to the 2017 Women's March's pussy hats.
"What's really important about our show is that we showcase different ethnicities and it's female-centric," Acosta says. "We have a show that might not appeal to [Trump's] audience, but will appeal internationally. The reason that our generation, Generation Z, will be the change is because we don't necessarily just want to make an impact, we want to make a change."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.