• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
Secrets of the Marvel Universe.
Fans can't get enough of a world where space-hopping Guardians of the Galaxy might turn up alongside earthbound Avengers, or Doctor Strange and Black Panther could cross paths via a mind-bending rift in the space-time continuum. Other studios, most notably Warner Bros., with the Justice League, have tried to create their own web of interconnected characters. Why have so many failed to achieve Marvel's heights? "Simple," said Joe Russo, co-director of Avengers 3 and 4. "They don't have a Kevin."

While Feige refused to reveal any details about the characters and stories Marvel has yet to introduce, he did promise a definitive end to the franchise that built Marvel. Avengers 4, he said, will "bring things you've never seen in superhero films: a finale." This may mean a lot of dead Avengers at the hands of the villain Thanos, who has appeared sporadically and tantalizingly since the first Avengers movie back in 2012. But the Marvel Cinematic Universe will live on. "There will be two distinct periods. Everything before Avengers 4 and everything after. I know it will not be in ways people are expecting," Feige teased.

DPo1A1yXcAAOMre.jpg:large

DPo1BRiW0AAksh9.jpg:large

DPo1BmvX4AEvC8O.jpg:large

DPo1B8qWsAAz-az.jpg:large

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the difference Feige's hinting at post-Avengers 4 isn't him leaving once his contract's up!

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
While Feige refused to reveal any details about the characters and stories Marvel has yet to introduce, he did promise a definitive end to the franchise that built Marvel. Avengers 4, he said, will "bring things you've never seen in superhero films: a finale."

As much as I like the MCU, please don't make another 20+ movies roadmap (with IW it's 22 movies) that leads up to one big thing like Infinity War. I'd like them to loose up a bit and focus more on about the actual movies such as Ant-Man, Winter Soldier and Thor Ragnarok (even though I didn't like it that much).

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Those covers are pretty good, but I'm so disappointed Thor still has short hair and why is Pepper Potts on there? Is she a superhero now? I did forget she did get superpowers at the end of Iron Man 3.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think you can pull off something like the 11 years 3 phase program again. It would come off as treading old ground. I've said before that post-Phase 3 is going to be more Ragnarok style crossovers but I'm pretty sure they're not just gonna stop with the big team-up movies.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Pepper Potts, Spider-Man, Star Lord, and Doctor Strange together. A lot of potential humor there.

I have a question maybe someone here knows because I can't find a Marvel Comics hangout: did something happen to Peter Parker prior to Parker Industries that made him smarter? I just started reading Amazing vol 4, and he seems like he went from a gifted, scientific thinker to an outright top-end comic genius.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
He was always. If he was not always preoccupied with Superhero shit and his private shit, he would be in the same league with Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc. Just look at the stuff he invented for his Spidey-Gadgets.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Have they done a video where one of them Hijacks the Tinder of the one the Vanity Fair interns? I love these ones.

Last edited:

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These covers are fire, but this talk of Avengers 4 being a finale....whew. Feige, dont do dis to me

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Squadron Surpreme usually in line with the Snyder crime syndicate Potryal of the league.

Also no one really gives a shit about marvel vs DC but the fans. I mean Johns and Feige have been friends since college I believe.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
It could mean almost anything. Or could be referencing everything. Infinity War is the third Avengers movie. The movie following Infinity War (which is in production now iirc) is their third movie for Marvel. Perhaps The Russo's have convinced Valve to finished HL:3.

Nothing worth getting worked up over but people will do so anyways. Speculation ahoy.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It could mean almost anything. Or could be referencing everything. Infinity War is the third Avengers movie. The movie following Infinity War (which is in production now iirc) is their third movie for Marvel. Perhaps The Russo's have convinced Valve to finished HL:3.

Nothing worth getting worked up over but people will do so anyways. Speculation ahoy.

Basically lol but RUSSOS PLS

luca

Oct 25, 2017
20 more MCU movies are on the way
Feige said that the studio was "22 movies in, and we've got another 20 movies on the docket that are completely different from anything we've done before - intentionally."

Kevin Feige Was Responsible For Hugh Jackman's Wolverine Hair
"I never liked the idea that people weren't attempting things because of the potential for them to look silly," he says. "Anything in a comic book has the potential to look silly. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to make it look cool."

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man Homecoming 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, one more sequel for Spider-Man and Ant-Man/Wasp, two more sequels for Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel each... that's "only" 10 movies.

Assume there's also at least two universe wide films in that, New Avengers and Avengers: Secret Invasion, that's still 8 new movies lines.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Finale", huh?

They going to Secret Wars this shit so they can recast?

I don't see the need to recast characters any time soon when every new property they launch becomes a success.

Assume there's also at least two universe wide films in that, New Avengers and Avengers: Secret Invasion, that's still 8 new movies lines.

Very true. I'm kinda curious what approach they're gonna take with the upcoming Avengers films. Straight "team ups" aren't that interesting anymore.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Secret Invasion is the only one that can get the general audiences in IMO.

Or a crossover with Xmen/DC. The general audiences won't have attachment to FF or any new IPs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.