• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
So are the major concepts of Time and space in the mcu?
because I'm wondering if Eternity/infinity and all the other gods are going to end up gaining on Thanos.

I think that's definitely happening in Avengers 4. Entities beyond what we've seen before are going to take notice of Thanos' actions.

What we getting excited about now?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...favor-disney-as-buyer-for-studio-media-assets

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'm just glad this is happening after A4 is already filming. The FF coming home is delightful because it opens up so many amazing villains and cosmic angles, but if we're only getting 3 MCU movies a year I don't want any of them to be X-men, and I dunno if Feige can handle more than 3 a year or if that even makes sense for Disney.

I'm sure if it happens, I'll come around to it when they make the first X-men movie I unreservedly enjoy for the first time since X-2.

Gordon Shumway

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melmac
Eh, I'm just glad this is happening after A4 is already filming. The FF coming home is delightful because it opens up so many amazing villains and cosmic angles, but if we're only getting 3 MCU movies a year I don't want any of them to be X-men, and I dunno if Feige can handle more than 3 a year or if that even makes sense for Disney.

I'm sure if it happens, I'll come around to it when they make the first X-men movie I unreservedly enjoy for the first time since X-2.
What about his work lowers your faith in him? Does he have some awful track record since he started the MCU?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
We so gonna get an announcement before the end of the year.

Disney in mega acquisition: 20th Century FOX franchises The Fantastic Four and X-Men back home at MARVEL
Disney are proud to announce the acquisition of 21st Century Fox assets, bringing home the Fantastic Four and X-Men, and Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope distribution rights. Alongside majority share in HULU. Also bringing in franchises such as The Simpsons and Avatar. With Disney already planning a reboot movie of The Simpsons crossing over with the Kree and classic Disney princesses uniting strong brands and unique corners of the Disney portfolio.

Man, am I finally gonna get a comic book accurate Rogue and Gambit? This, I can't hnnnngg...!

I can't remember, but who owns the rights to Namor?

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
What about his work lowers your faith in him? Does he have some awful track record since he started the MCU?

No lowering of faith, just seems like he's already a busy man producing 3 movies a year and planning for the next decade. If he feels up to doing 4 or 5 a year, more power to him.

I'm more inclined to think that Disney might decide that 3 live action superhero movies per year are enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Last we heard, Universal still had distribution rights like they do for Hulk. So Marvel could use him but not give him a solo movie which I wouldn't see happening anyways.

Personally I think if this goes through we are going to see Fantastic Four, Atlantis and Inhumans (they're going to pretend the series never happened) introduced to the MCU together, with ties to Black Panther. I think they might tease X-Men for a while before introducing them fully.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't help but be really disappointed in both DC and Marvel when it comes to leading Asian characters. There's simply nothing that would carry its own solo movie out there besides Namor. It sucks.

Last we heard, Universal still had distribution rights like they do for Hulk. So Marvel could use him but not give him a solo movie which I wouldn't see happening anyways.

Personally I think if this goes through we are going to see Fantastic Four, Atlantis and Inhumans (they're going to pretend the series never happened) introduced to the MCU together, with ties to Black Panther. I think they might tease X-Men for a while before introducing them fully.
Yeah Universal! I would be fine with Namor appearing in somebody elses movie like Black Panther or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I'd love it if an MCU F4 movie took some cues from Hickman, they could do the whole thing with Susan being appointed ambassador to Atlantis and use that as a means to introduce them. Maybe Shuri has to go with her or something and they have to resolve some dispute between Atlantis and Wakanda, setting up a rivalry for later.

Gordon Shumway

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melmac
No lowering of faith, just seems like he's already a busy man producing 3 movies a year and planning for the next decade. If he feels up to doing 4 or 5 a year, more power to him.

I'm more inclined to think that Disney might decide that 3 live action superhero movies per year are enough.
The man has juggled one of the biggest franchises ever. If he felt confident enough to take it on, I'm not sure who wouldn't have faith that he could pull it off. As for Disney, I was under the impression that Pixar/Lucasfilm/Marvel have heads that run their divisions..they certainly seem to call more shots than most.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
ck9tdDP.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they are striking a deal at the end of the year, I still think we are gonna get all of The New Mutants, Deadpool 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix and Gambit. But stuff like Multiple Man and X Force is gonna get cancelled.

I don't even know which mutants I would like Marvel Studios to play around with. I guess I would want them to come up with a nice plot, and then figure out which mutants fits into it. That said, I would love to see them get a go at Rogue, Gambit, and maybe even let Wanda hang out with them.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Disney is gonna get into cloning soon so they can always have Chris Evans, RDJ and Feige.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You know, the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon actually gave a pretty good way to have classic Nova/Nova powers despite the regular core being un-powered. Basically the Nova Force exists, but they didn't want to risk corrupt or unqualified officers having free access to it, so there's an elite Nova Corp from ancient times designed to fight cosmic level threats(Magus/Warlock in particular), that have been lost/hidden for decades when the original unit was wiped out by a cosmic threat they weren't ready for. One wound up on earth, and did the seek a worthy user thing(albeit they use Sam Alexander's setup on that part).

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers 4 needs a 20 second scene

HUGH JACKMAN LOGAN MAKES HIS MCU DEBUT TO TAKE ON THANOS

wolvrubberogk7s.jpg

and then the movie continues like normal

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feige is going to be on some Ozymandias shit when people ask about how he's planning on introducing the X-Men and F4 in the MCU.

Ozymandias-Watchmen.jpg

"Introduce them?" I'm not a Warner Brothers executive. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master stroke if there remained the slightest chance of Comcast affecting its outcome? I introduced the Fantastic Four and the X-Men in Avengers 4.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah uh...in this political climate maybe changing the ethnicity of a Jewish comic book person who was in the holocaust isn't a great idea

Oct 25, 2017
Who cares. They can get mad about it and learn to sit with that feeling. They'll get over it.

I'm not angry. Just letting you know that corporations feelings mean jack shit to me. Stop arguing like Jewish suffering isn't a well worn topic in media and entertainment.

How many is a lot, because there are like 736548674946 movies and TV shows about the holocaust and like a dozen of them are about Magneto. C'mon. The change would be a drop in the bucket. Handwringing about hypothetical outrage is ridiculous.

Thanks for letting me have the last word.

Please don't mention Jewish suffering again, you are coming off really bad and borderline offensive

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Best idea I've seen so far is to make Magneto a Polish Jew hailing from a family of holocaust survivors that dealt with post-WW2 prosecution.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
We so gonna get an announcement before the end of the year.

Disney in mega acquisition: 20th Century FOX franchises The Fantastic Four and X-Men back home at MARVEL

Man, am I finally gonna get a comic book accurate Rogue and Gambit? This, I can't hnnnngg...!

WHERE'S THE RECEIPTS?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I was a little shocked at just how casually they were killed off in Ragnarok. It didn't really bother me, since they were such minor characters, but it was surprising.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I'm not.

I think making Magneto Burmese or Kurdish is a pretty good idea. They could use some representation and it would keep the core motivation of his character intact.
Let's go through what you posted
No it doesnt. His motivation stays the same if his origin is rooted in war and genocide. Jews don't have a monopoly on human suffering.
Asshole post number 1
Who cares. They can get mad about it and learn to sit with that feeling. They'll get over it.
Asshole post number two, nice touch with that get over it. 10/10 on the asshole scale
I'm not angry. Just letting you know that corporations feelings mean jack shit to me. Stop arguing like Jewish suffering isn't a well worn topic in media and entertainment.
Whew we gettin spicy
How many is a lot, because there are like 736548674946 movies and TV shows about the holocaust and like a dozen of them are about Magneto. C'mon. The change would be a drop in the bucket. Handwringing about hypothetical outrage is ridiculous.

Thanks for letting me have the last word.
And boom goes the asshole dynamite

You can say "I'd like him to be a different ethnicity, but I understand why the optics of it rn would be not great, but I want it for representation." Cool

Saying what you said? You're a dick. We live in a world where neo-Nazis and white supremacists are alive and well, keeping Magneto Jewish is smart.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Let's go through what you posted

Asshole post number 1

Asshole post number two, nice touch with that get over it. 10/10 on the asshole scale

Whew we gettin spicy

And boom goes the asshole dynamite

You can say "I'd like him to be a different ethnicity, but I understand why the optics of it rn would be not great, but I want it for representation." Cool

Saying what you said? You're a dick. We live in a world where neo-Nazis and white supremacists are alive and well, keeping Magneto Jewish is smart.

OK. I'm asshole. I'll live with that. I'm not wrong though.

And saying that Jews who would be upset with that should get over it? I can't believe you don't realize how offensive that is to Jewish people

I wasn't referring to or thinking of Jews when I said that. I was thinking of fanboys and comic book purists. I think it's OK that Jews be upset about the change, I just think them being upset about it not enough of a reason to not do it.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK. I'm asshole. I'll live with that. I'm not wrong though.

I wasn't referring to or thinking of Jews when I said that. I was thinking of fanboys and comic book purists. I think it's OK that Jews be upset about the change, I just think them being upset about it not enough of a reason to not do it.
Do you know how many nerds there are?
Do you know how many Jewish people there are?
Do you know how many Jewish nerds there are?

Hint the answer is a lot to all of the above

Status
Not open for further replies.