• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The movie's social media embargo will be lifted on Tuesday, January 30th at 1 AM EST, while the embargo covering full reviews will go up on Tuesday, February 6th at 12 PM EST
So still 14.5 hours till the social embargo I assume.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah in 14 hours I have no idea who's going. I think I'm gonna have a look out for the world premiere live stream.

Heh, apparently Brie Larson ain't much of a fan of her workouts at the moment:

brie-larson-captain-nlosp.jpeg

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the latest tv spot from today, Marvel changed this scene:

1uwpnl.jpg

2htuye.jpg

Whedon's been infiltrating our bases.

And I know that purple have been a stable in my Black Panther, but it's everywhere and it makes everything look worse.

Last edited:

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'm more excited to hear what critics think of Black Panther than of any other Marvel movie released.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense.

I can imagine Feige doesn't want to talk about anything related to the Fox Universe till the ink is dried on the contract. Plus, it's waaaay too early to answer questions like "what's canon now?" and "Is the FF in Phase 4?"

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The Black Panther mask (and gloves) is ugly in comparison to the Civil War one. Hell, it's horrendous on its own. It's a subjective matter though.

Anyway, the Red Carpet premiere and live stream happens in 6 hours from now.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan of the new suit at first, but it has grown a lot on me since it was revealed especially since they've added a bit more detail to it in post. I think the only thing the CW one has over it now, is just the mask.

I do wonder how they'll evolve it if there's a sequel.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I will say that it's odd to ask an actor to bulk up to play a superhero only to then have visual effects artists slim him back down later.

Also, the color purple historically has been associated with royalty.

http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/why-is-purple-considered-the-color-of-royalty

The color purple's ties to kings and queens date back to ancient world, where it was prized for its bold hues and often reserved for the upper crust. The Persian king Cyrus adopted a purple tunic as his royal uniform, and some Roman emperors forbid their citizens from wearing purple clothing under penalty of death. Purple was especially revered in the Byzantine Empire. Its rulers wore flowing purple robes and signed their edicts in purple ink, and their children were described as being "born in the purple."

The reason for purple's regal reputation comes down to a simple case of supply and demand. For centuries, the purple dye trade was centered in the ancient Phoenician city of Tyre in modern day Lebanon. The Phoenicians' "Tyrian purple" came from a species of sea snail now known as Bolinus brandaris, and it was so exceedingly rare that it became worth its weight in gold. To harvest it, dye-makers had to crack open the snail's shell, extract a purple-producing mucus and expose it to sunlight for a precise amount of time. It took as many as 250,000 mollusks to yield just one ounce of usable dye, but the result was a vibrant and long-lasting shade of purple.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't mind the purple on his suit and on the cars too much, hell I love the color in itself, but I just hope it won't be overdone. But it seems like they'll strike a balance. He didn't have any purple in the forest fight scene at least.

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
New suit is trash, but cool at the same time.

Regarding BP though all I need is
1. Dont waste Serkis and Jordan make 'em good villains
2. Dont shit up the 3rd act with nonsense.

Gimme that and I'm good.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
So excited for BP. writing an article and review on it. also the purple and yellow glowing stuff is being overdone. tone it down

Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't mind the purple on his suit and on the cars too much, hell I love the color in itself, but I just hope it won't be overdone. But it seems like they'll strike a balance. He didn't have any purple in the forest fight scene at least.

That's because he's wearing the old/CW suit in that scene.

The new suit stores and redistributes energy and that is visualized through the glowing purple lines on the costume. When he releases the stored energy, the costume stops glowing until it's charged again.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I like the costume.

I'm just not sold on the Mask yet. Need to see the movie itself before I can make a final judgement.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Mike Colter is at the Black Panther premiere and looks stunning. Luke Cage S2 will be fast paced and the music is made by an orchestra.

lukeb9pgu.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Chloe Bennet was stunning as always, hell everyone was unbelievable.

chloeqpu2n.jpg

bennet28tup3.jpg

bennet1ojuui.jpg

Claire Holt from Cloak and Dagger is there too:

claire1hquk3.jpg

claire2fcu5h.jpg

Last edited:

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd bring Inhumans back and direct S2 alongside Scott Buck if it meant I could get into one of these premieres.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Holy hell! Can't wait for the trailer!

And spectacular Red Carpet Premiere as always! Can't wait until Black Panther releases. Was wondering when social media and review embargoes would be lifted. Social media is tomorrow, while reviews come up on Feb. 6 right?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell! Can't wait for the trailer!

And spectacular Red Carpet Premiere as always! Can't wait until Black Panther releases. Was wondering when social media and review embargoes would be lifted. Social media is tomorrow, while reviews come up on Feb. 6 right?
Social media embargo lifts in an hour or so, and people will be posting those impressions in this thread.

Ant-Man and the Wasp teaser poster is out:

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
That is a great poster lol

but MAN I'm surprised they're putting out an Antman trailer this early. Waaaaaay too much focus on Panther and Infinity War right now. It'll be like a fart in the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.