• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to reiterate how bad the Peacock ad is. It's so intrusive taking up half the screen on mobile (iOS) and on top of that the x button is super small.

Oct 25, 2017
Just for reference

uBzggMz.png

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Need to report a "Salt and Straw" ad - somehow got logged out and this ad would sit atop the login form making it impossible to see where you're entering text. That might just be a Website CSS issue though.

Exilexc

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fuck these peacock ads. Legit makes me just stop browsing.

This site is turning to shit, keeping the lights on my asshole.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Chiming in on the intrusive mobile ads. Just had one from PadSquad that took up the bottom half of the screen AND borders all the way around the screen.

D0W9g1U.jpeg

Im0qMWc.jpeg

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Can any staff acknowledge whether these annoying new slide-up ads like Peacock are now "allowed" by Resetera, or is it something you're actively trying to hunt down and get rid of?

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, fuck this PadSquad ad. I'm getting it basically every time I visit now:

As others have mentioned, it's a large ad at the bottom and a thick border around the whole screen. The border stays up for like 15 seconds, no matter what you do. Even worse, while it's up you can't click on anything inside the border. YOU LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN CLICK ON A THREAD. You just have to wait for it to go away.

Once it eventually does, a giant box at the bottom remains, with an extremely tiny X in the corner. And almost every time I click the X, it "accidentally" clicks this ad instead and redirects me to their site.

Oh, and it also plays sound and has narration!

It's fucking bullshit and is making mobile browsing miserable.

IMG_5548.png

Last edited:

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
There is an ad, I guess(?), for the Twitch stream of eLaLiga. I say that, because the ad is literally just an autoplay embed of their Twitch stream. It's sweet because you'll randomly click into a thread and then just some random person starts talking about FIFA lol

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bob's Furniture is a mess of a full screen ad that can't be minimized or closed until the animation plays through.

Android, Chrome here, again and still.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Getting a weird Survey Monkey one that takes up the border of the screen for a moment then remains as a big banner at the bottom of the page. Android/Chrome/Pixel 6 Pro

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the Bob's ad is especially gross as the close button doesn't work until the ad has played, which takes a while. And I've been getting it frequently, too.

Android, Chrome.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
wordsa.com

Celebs Who Totally Transformed Over The Years – Wordsa

Thomas F. Wilson – Age 62 Have you ever wondered what happened to Thomas F. Wilson, the man in charge of portraying the bully Biff Tannen from the “Back to the Future” movies? It turns out he’s still involved in show business and made recurring appearances in the 2021 TV series “The Patrick Star...

On Android, ad of some celebrity covers the entire screen, and clicking the X still sends you to the link above.

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
We really doing Fox News ads with alarmist transphobic/misogynistic headlines now?

Chrome, desktop, saw this one below, and saw another one with a gross headline about VP Harris.

sYMk8iM.png

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting weird ads about BBC news presenters having girlfriends when they're actually married to a man, but that shits another level.

Oct 27, 2017
Android phone, using Edge, there's a Boost ad that keeps taking over the browser with a page about agreeing to terms and conditions.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
I'm in NZ and just got a Farmers department store ad covering up the navigation area at the top of the screen.
Android, Chrome browser.

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
On Chrome, desktop, these ads literally covered the login dropdown and made it impossible to click the login button, even after "closing" the ads. There wasn't enough of the login button showing to actually click, it would just close the dropdown. Also seemed to prevent my 1Password from being able to autofill the fields.

YA7397b.png

8hssBsP.png

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Something on the site is trying to access load77.exelator.com but Sophos is blocking it every time. Seems to be a redirect virus of some kind.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Not gonna lie, it would be nice not to be served these suggestive ads from TopToon when I'm sitting on the crowded train. D:

Google says my ad personalisation is off, so for once I did not bring this on myself, lol.

Browser is Chrome on Android.
URL is this

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
On Chrome, desktop, these ads literally covered the login dropdown and made it impossible to click the login button, even after "closing" the ads. There wasn't enough of the login button showing to actually click, it would just close the dropdown. Also seemed to prevent my 1Password from being able to autofill the fields.

YA7397b.png

8hssBsP.png

Having this same issue.

Browser: Firefox 103.0
Platform: Desktop
Offending Ad: Not sure what to put here. The ad has changed a few times and it's an issue with each. Ads by Google.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting hentai ads on desktop.
I'm at work, so i'm not clicking or screenshoting anything, i backed out the thread asap. Better stick to browsing on my phone.

Oct 26, 2017
Getting a really invasive Discover card add that takes up half the screen on mobile. The drop down seems to pop up every time I refresh.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This Discover card ad keeps popping up like every other time I click to a new page. Super disruptive, it also puts an orange border around the entire browser window
axlasp3.png