• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Well a woman who is a writer on the game tweeted about writing the dialogue for her…specifically the "stepping" joke. I don't really get the issue…

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Should I redownload Avengers? I never tried Black Panther or Spider-Man. Was having fun as Kate Bishop after beating the campaign before I dropped it

Feb 16, 2022
I checked her out last night when the update hits. Her costume, except for the Valkyrie ones, really suck.

She's got Thor's skillset, but a different Ult. I wonder if I can glitch her Assault Heroic to activate both the multi-charge perk and the overcharge perk, like with Thor.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This seems okay? Horny is not bad. At worst it is a bit of memeish humor

Also, it looks like the game deals with cancer is a real and respectful way. It is rare to see a game just get real and grounded about something like that

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't one of Iron Man's things that he's supposed to be a playboy? I imagine that's more of a thing in line with his characterization.

The anime magical girl line just seems like humour for people who grew up on anime.

Maybe if there were other examples, but this seems far removed from, say, the criticisms I've heard of how Catwoman is presented in some Arkham games.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the issue with this. Especially the second video where someone shows interest in her. That seems pretty normal? I think it's ok for characters to show romantic and/or sexual interest in each other.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Just seems like one tame death by snu snu joke and Iron-Man asking her out. He wasn't being lewd or anything so I don't see how that's a sex joke.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
That spider-man line was pretty funny though. Both of them being Magical Girls is kinda hilarious when you frame it that way.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I was honestly expecting something that was borderline tasteless, but the dialogue exchanges were fine? I chucked at the joke Spider-Man swing towards Jane and Thor.

I was not expecting the data file talking about Jane's bout with cancer to be written and presented as it is. It was a good bit of character dialogue for the hero.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
This thread would not have been made for these jokes had the narrative of this game not already been written. It's honestly feels like a "bitch eating crackers over there" level reaction if these are crossing a line OP

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
What exactly am I supposed to be outraged about here? One clip is some meme-y humour which isn't really at anyone's expense, the other was Stark acting typically doofus-like but not insulting and Jane blowing him off firmly but in good humour.

The game, and even this specific update may well have issues but am I missing something here?

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this the same stuff people on here were going nuts about with re8? And not just straight dudes

Doesn't seem that bad.

Lol RE8's horniness was operating in a very different context.

But yeah, I agree with your conclusion. None of this feels like its at the expense of Jane's character at all, just some good-natured fun.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems fine for some incidental dialogue. Is the general consensus that this is bad?

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Incorrect. It would have been made either way.

I personally felt that the jokes were at the expensive her character but perhaps I was incorrect.
Do you feel like it's offensive for characters to casually flirt, or just show basic interest like in the Stark clip? I really do want to understand why some men think this type of thing is offensive. I feel like it leads to female leads being void of any romantic feeling or sub plots at all, and that's the opposite of what most women like I think.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I really do want to understand why some men think this type of thing is offensive.

As I said, I felt the jokes (specifically the fetish joke) was done at the expensive of her character. It seems as if I was wrong.

The first mention I saw of this on Twitter was a woman taking issue with it, which is what led me to looking up the full clip and making the thread. Not sure why you went in that direction.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
As I said, I felt the jokes (specifically the fetish joke) was done at the expensive of her character. It seems as if I was wrong.

The first mention I saw of this on Twitter was a woman taking issue with it, which is what led me to looking up the full clip and making the thread. Not sure why you went in that direction.
What direction did I go in? I'm merely asking why you found it offensive.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The OP and thread title seems to be quite factual and just states there are humourous lines with Jane Foster but then later in thread TC says they're tone deaf, unnecessary, and at expense of her character. Although in the clip Jane is joking around about knowing the fetish to Steve Rogers and Iron Man asking her out doesn't seem to be tone deaf or sexually harassing.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
The OP and thread title seems to be quite factual and just states there are humourous lines with Jane Foster but then later in thread TC says they're tone deaf, unnecessary, and at expense of her character. Although in the clip Jane is joking around about knowing the fetish to Steve Rogers and Iron Man asking her out doesn't seem to be tone deaf or sexually harassing.
The OP has been edited, he made it clear that he thought the clips were offensive before. The topic will probably be confusing now. He seems to have changed his mind now so the edit makes sense.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I dunno, "step on me" is basically a memey joke for powerful ladies in stories. Seems like just a fun little interjection. And the woman who wrote it seems to just be having fun as well.

Maybe it's not to everyone's taste but i don't think it's particularly negative or harmful

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah I dunno, "step on me" is basically a memey joke for powerful ladies in stories. Seems like just a fun little interjection. And the woman who wrote it seems to just be having fun as well.

Maybe it's not to everyone's taste but i don't think it's particularly negative or harmful

Yeah, I was wrong in my original interpretation of the jokes. Apologies.

Asked for the thread to be closed.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The OP has been edited, he made it clear that he thought the clips were offensive before. The topic will probably be confusing now. He seems to have changed his mind now so the edit makes sense.
Ah ok! Wasn't aware it was edited.

ZeoVGM Don't think the thread needs to be closed, could just still be a thread about Jane Foster Thor and how people are interacting with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.