Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Since I'm back in my pure Resident Evil love phase, I decided to go and watch some critic and "GamingSins" videos about the franchise because I hate myself.
I know these type of videos aren't made by the best people on Earth but I really could've gone without all this bitching and whining about Claire and Jill new faces, clothes and voices.

I don't understand how anyone can think these two women are ugly.
jill-valentine-resident-evil-3-remake-jeu-video-fond-d-ecran-68840_L.jpg

I'm not even sure that people who talk shit about these two realize that they're photo-scanned from real people.
But you know it doesn't stop there. Not only they made Claire and Jill "ugly" by removing their anime faces but they also covered up their beautiful silky smooth bodies, oh no !

gcSya8onPajB6FLr_CNy9y2Ax4U3k00AM43DG2cxqNZCa19KCeFUx55BbclD9hX-
AWt3e4Gd9k4FfdCIp9DSWJL3D1T5kvPRhsorqdmmytgQFiPUXwKSkC5BkTjo8eqJJNjZAN0V6ux0xq7l6FB4sywNpbaeItBAmT5K5ff2saM

I've legit seen people saying that Jill and Claire became iconic because of their, and I quote, "incredible fashion sense." Really ?

And there's also the topic of voices. Claire is the only character in the franchise that kept the same voice actress for 10 years, so I can understand that some people don't like when that change. But that's not the case for Jill, and yet I've also seen a lot of people shitting on her new voice while praising the old ones. Even though Nicole Tompkins and Stephanie Panisello both do an outstanding job as the new voices for each one, while also being very invested in the franchise as a whole.

Some people like to attribute these criticismes to nostalgia.
But let's be real, that's fucking bullshit. No one complained about Leon's new face and voice. Samething for Carlos (well except for his hair), or Nikolai, or any of the other male character that have been in the remake. And their "more realistic" outfits are loved by pretty much everyone in the fandom. Kinda of a double standard, don't you think ?

And then there's Ada. The only female character that's still sexualized.
No one complained about her. Everyone loooves her new face, her new outfit and her new voice. How weird.

I can't wait to hear gamers whine becuse Ashley doesn't have ballistics anymore in RE4R.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I don't remember people calling them ugly. Not sure how anyone can prefer OG Claire's design. Her jacket in Remake is clean.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Tbh, i don't remember people being negative about their looks. If there were, then it's probably in the minority.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
I remember, I think it was in the YouTube comments, when Jill was shown in the first RE3 Remake trailer and someone said "they made her lesbian"

What??

Julia Voth fans were absolutely the worst during the months before the game's final release.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
Damn I don't remember people calling them ugly. Not sure how anyone can prefer OG Claire's design. Her jacket in Remake is clean.
For Claire, I don't recall this either. I strictly remember for her it being about her classic outfit and her face being "too cute". For Jill, it's because REmake is one of the most iconic and greatest entries in the series and it was different and a few saying she looked similar to The Quiet Man protag.

I'm not sure where OP is seeing this outside of the video they watched.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Literally never heard any such thing. Jill seems to even be popular with the fans thu the game itself isn't.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Also, both Claire and Leon models cut off contact with the RE fandom pretty quickly after the reveal. You can imagine why.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing people upset about Claire's outfit or whatever but I've never heard anyone call them ugly, let alone see a backlash

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I thought both looked fine, and both were bad ass. Ada remains a bit sexualized, possibly for fetish reasons. But overall improvement.

I think the most common thing I heard for both female and male characters is that they are too pretty.

Last edited:

lairo

May 28, 2020
If anything I'd have thought they're too beautiful for battle hardened zombie apocalypse survivors and cops, but I just suspend my disbelief.

Oct 25, 2017
ive only ever heard complaints that they don't look like the same people (and this included leon), and I still agree with that.

Jyester

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't recall a lot of backlash to the new models. Personally, while I think Jill is great, Claire can look very doll-like in certain scenes.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I thought all three (Leon as well) re-designs were generally well liked 🤷‍♀️

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Time for this old gem:

I think Nu Jill just looks too masculine.compared to Julia - Resident Evil 3

For Resident Evil 3 on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "I think Nu Jill just looks too masculine.compared to Julia".

This my analysis of Nu Jill. (I forgot to add that her skin looks bad like she's not fertile.)

This was on the first page of the board:

Jill Valentine Face model is atrocious - Resident Evil 3

For Resident Evil 3 on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Jill Valentine Face model is atrocious".

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Damn, Era really is a bubble.
You guys, for real, haven't seen any of the shit that these two characters have gotten on the internet ? Really ?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
People really forgot about the "she no longer looks fertile" complaints about RE3R Jill?

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
What backlash? This just feels like a dog shit excuse by OP to make a thread were he can go "Fucking Gamers! AMIRITE???". Weak.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
I don't remember anyone hating Claire at the time but I distinctly remember a whole lot of people in the LATAM community hating Jill and "fixing her" through mods. Not trying to point fingers but it was really, really noticeable and egregious some of the stuff I saw and still see!).

Honestly? I've been a Claire fan since RE2 OG and I love how she looks in the remake. Jill I can take either way for whatever reason, but there's no reason whatsoever to say her remake model looks at all terrible. Both of them look like real people (for a reason) and look great!

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
define "the internet"
Reddit? Twitter? Never saw any posts about them being ugly tbh

When I'm talking about the internet, I'm talking about everywhere outside of Era. So yeah. Reddit, Twitter, Youtube and everything else.
I'm not saying the majority of people dislike them, of course not, but there's a huge chunk of people that are complaining about both of them to this day.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
You watched trash like Gaming sins and a few idiots on message boards, social media and youtube comments (jesus christ op), of course you'll get shit opinions.

I was sceptical about new Claire after the reveal like a lot of us were, but she turned out great. I don't own RE3R so don't have an opinion either way

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Just looking through a thread on the *old site* everything OP is saying is there. You gaslighters lol.

"Her face doesn't look like Claire."
"I don't understand why they would do that......maybe its just bad modelling"
"To people saying her design is fine, would you honestly be able to recognize her if you didn't know it's her?"
"Everything looks and sounds good except for those characters' faces. I don't know, they look a little funky to me."
"The new Claire model looks like fucking Tobey Maguire"

lol

but also

"Oh god, whiny RE "fans" already crying about capcom ruining the character. ...What else did I expect?"
"I was expecting the worst after some of the comments about Claires new look. Its not that bad, looks perfectly fine."

It was def a topic at the time. "backlash" and "ugly" are probably strong words but can we stop derailing the thread by focusing OP's choice of words specifically?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You guys, for real, haven't seen any of the shit that these two characters have gotten on the internet ? Really ?
I had no idea before this thread, watching anything related to gaming on YouTube or any other major social platform just leads to fucking disaster.

Just looking through a thread on the *old site* everything OP is saying is there. You gaslighters lol.

"Her face doesn't look like Claire."
"I don't understand why they would do that......maybe its just bad modelling"
"To people saying her design is fine, would you honestly be able to recognize her if you didn't know it's her?"
"Everything looks and sounds good except for those characters' faces. I don't know, they look a little funky to me."
"The new Claire model looks like fucking Tobey Maguire"

lol
Only one of those is anywhere close to calling those characters "ugly."

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I def remember people complaining about her in the first prerelease shots (this and this). People were talking about her nose or smt, lol

I think I saw a bit of it on this forum, even, but I could be wrong

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a load of posts like this all over gaming spaces on social media when the game came out, yeh. Fucking ridiculous chuds calling Jill "too masculine".

RE3R Jill is the best character in the entire series.

Yeah I def remember people complaining about the first prerelease shots (this and this). People were talking about her nose or smt, lol

Pretty sure I saw some of this stuff on here...

greenbird

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely remember both getting backlash from certain people. Yeah, of course it was probably a vocal minority, but that's pretty much always the case when these sorts of complaints come around.

I think Capcom knocked it out of the park with both of their re-designs.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I think people were just mad about no miniskirt and Jill not looking exactly like that model lady (not sure if she was the model or a cosplayer). Who called Claire ugly?

Ellyshia

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading half the responses in this thread, because I super remember this happening. Maybe it's just the case of a loud minority making a ton of noise, but it definitely happened in my memory.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love their updated looks tbh. Never understood the hate some sexist assholes thrown at them.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Not even a bubble, just selective memory. There was for sure some nasty shit said here about both models / characters, though some couched their words a bit better.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
RE3make is by far the best Jill has ever looked. Or acted.
Facts.
Yeah I def remember people complaining about her in the first prerelease shots (this and this). People were talking about her nose or smt, lol

Yep. It was always these screens in comparison to a literal photo shoot of the model she's a scan of. Was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.