• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just hope this game won't feature terrible performance for that price that will need a huge update several months after its release.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Considering you can have the game for under $10 on any other platform (just wait for what seems to be a monthly sale), it seems steep.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Considering you can have the game for under $10 on any other platform (just wait for what seems to be a monthly sale), it seems steep.

It's 20$ on nearly every PC storefront as of right now, it's the MSRP.

It's a ridiculous statement, you can always wait for a sale to save cash for any games on any platforms, including switch. It's not steep.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Cool, but was hoping they would release as a trilogy bundle the same as other platforms, so ill just wait for that.

Oct 26, 2017
Outta nowhere. Will be purchasing these on the Switch. Stoic has spent a better part of 6? 7? years on this IP which is make or break for any studio so will be happy to contribute to their success.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Had a quick look and there doesn't seem to be an 'all in one' trilogy collection releasing for Switch.

Hopefully it's announced later in the year (to save some pennies)

Jealous of the £30 PS4 preorder on amazon

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
Is this similar to ff tactics?

I would say sort of - I've been playing it on my computer recently because it only requires one hand to play and my newborn son likes to fall asleep in my arms at 2 AM. There are some very FFT-like elements partly due to the nature of sRPGs, but my experience so far is that it's much slower and relies more on character abilities that are very unique and tailored to certain kinds of combinations. The units, skills, and stats are also somewhat more straightforward, which I appreciate. It's very clear from the start what each unit is good at and why.

So there is maybe even more strategy, but the gameplay feels limited as a result (this isn't necessarily bad - one could say more focused as a result).

Also, there are a lot of multiple-choice dialogue and "choose your own adventure" scenarios that have an impact on which characters show up in your party. I think it's a fun game and is definitely worth playing, but I question whether the console is a good platform for this kind of thing. I wish there were a demo so I could get a sense of the interface before buying - the mouse just seems so natural and easy in this case.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
It's 20$ on nearly every PC storefront as of right now, it's the MSRP.

It's a ridiculous statement, you can always wait for a sale to save cash for any games on any platforms, including switch. It's not steep.
Considering usual eShop sales, it's not that straightforward. It's a 4 year old game. It's also being released as part of a trilogy collection for )40 ($32 on Amazon Prime and BestBuy GCU).

$20 for just first game alone digitally is not a great value.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I know. :P I'm not buying digital on Switch so I hope that edition comes to the platform or I ain't gettin' it.

Do we know if the Switch supports multiple games on a single cart yet (ie. no need for a frontend)? Xbox One had that option around launch if I recall correctly and PS4 got it sometime in 2016.

Having to manage save transfers, and test all the permutations, through a new frontend might end up being a big ask for Stoic if not.

Last edited:

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Do we know if the Switch supports multiple games on a single cart yet (ie. no need for a frontend)? Xbox One had that option around launch if I recall correctly and PS4 got it sometime in 2016.

Having to manage save transfers, and test all the permutations, through a new frontend might end up being a big ask for Stoic if not.
Honestly I don't know much about that sort of tech, but given how small the games are I would think they could manage it.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
I'll double dip if the performance is good. The game is really good, and Austin Wintory's soundtrack is amazing.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Been waiting for this for quite some time.
Even declined to buy it for half that on Steam some time ago, because for me that kind of game needs to be portable for me to have any chance of finishing it.

Between this,M&Rabbits and Fore emblem i just need Xcom and FFTA to make switch the perfect SRPG for me.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Love these games. Kinda wish they were longer though because the encounters are really enjoyable.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody pick this up? If so, any impressions on the port? I'll probably get it if it doesn't have any major technical issues. Only 1 review up so far, and it doesn't mention anything about performance/potential technical issues.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Plan on grabbing it. Haven't played on other consoles or PC and the form factor of the switch is ideal for these games.

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Interested, but want to read impressions about this port first.

Nov 8, 2017
I awaited the Vita port for over a year to have them just abandon it.

I KNOW it's childish to pout, but I can't fathom giving the dev my $$$ after no word month after month and then scrapping it. I passed up on MULTIPLE deals for $5 or $10 on other platforms...

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Fantastic game that everyone should pick up if they're at all interested. 20 bucks is a steal. I gladly back the upcoming 3rd game for twice that. And having it on a portable is even better. I'll be very tempted to pick up all three again despite having them on PC just for that.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
20 Euro for just the first game? I'm gonna wait for a sale. Would have bought it if it was the double pack.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I picked it up and so far the port seems quite good, I only tried undocked though.

The game seems great, I love the setting and the lore seems very deep, I only hope it won't become atrociously difficult.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Already played the first game, would consider buying it again for Switch if i knew the second game would also release. I can only find info about the third game releasing on Switch. Given that the choices you make carry over to the next game, i can't really pull the trigger without knowing if the second game will get a release before the third one comes out.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Already played the first game, would consider buying it again for Switch if i knew the second game would also release. I can only find info about the third game releasing on Switch. Given that the choices you make carry over to the next game, i can't really pull the trigger without knowing if the second game will get a release before the third one comes out.
All three will be coming to Switch, 1 and 2 before the 3rd game.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ga-games-are-coming-to-switch-later-this-year

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Is this version missing any bonus content or DLC present in the trilogy release? Never played the series but I've been meaning to for a long time. I prefer physical but I'll go with digital on Switch if I'm not missing out on anything in-game.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Is this version missing any bonus content or DLC present in the trilogy release? Never played the series but I've been meaning to for a long time. I prefer physical but I'll go with digital on Switch if I'm not missing out on anything in-game.
I don't know about DLCs but Banner Saga 3 is not out yet on any platform, so neither is the trilogy release.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

There was one pre-order character, Tryggvi, in the original PC release but he is included in all console versions of the game.

There is some DLC in the physical XB1/PS4 versions of the trilogy but, if I recall correctly, it's just earlier access to certain characters.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
$20 seems pretty steep considering the trilogy comes out in 2 months. I'll just hold off until then.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I don't know about DLCs but Banner Saga 3 is not out yet on any platform, so neither is the trilogy release.

There was one pre-order character, Tryggvi, in the original PC release but he is included in all console versions of the game.

There is some DLC in the physical XB1/PS4 versions but, if I recall correctly, it's just earlier access to certain characters.
Great, thank you. Looks like I'm safe to get this version.