THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yet another Batman. I'll end up seeing it and hope it delivers. Not terribly excited about it.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
for the lucky lads who have seen it

Are the combat scenes up there with the legendary Warehouse sequence?

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I'll hold out till April for HBO Max. Really looking forward to it, though.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Happy Batman day to those who celebrate.

I watched Batman 89 and Batman Begins over the weekend and still like them both quite a bit. 89's camp and Nicholson's Joker still rule and Begins is still the best origin story ever done imo. Can't wait to see The Batman tonight and see where it ranks.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
I can't believe I was able to nab a ticket for tonight, a good seat for IMAX too. After hearing all the early impressions I am hyped to finally watch it.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping to see more impressions here once all you early birds see it :)

Need to fuel my HYPE METER

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really excited for this - I think Robertson will make an excellent Batman and I trust Reeves.

But I will say, as crappy as the movies he was in were, I'm really, really bummed we never got a standalone Ben Affleck Batman movie. He made a great Bruce Wayne (for as little as we saw him), and his body + suit looked excellent as Batman. I feel if he would have had a good script and maybe even kept himself behind the camera, too, we could have been in for something really special.

Batfleck was too short lived.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm really excited for this - I think Robertson will make an excellent Batman and I trust Reeves.

But I will say, as crappy as the movies he was in were, I'm really, really bummed we never got a standalone Ben Affleck Batman movie. He made a great Bruce Wayne (for as little as we saw him), and his body + suit looked excellent as Batman. I feel if he would have had a good script and maybe even kept himself behind the camera, too, we could have been in for something really special.

Batfleck was too short lived.
Ben is my Masshole brother, but I never understood his appeal as Bruce. Some of it shined in Justice League, though we are talking very minimal

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Really interested to see where they take Pattman. Are they gonna leave it as its own thing? Would it even be *possible* to have him come over to the EU?

May 26, 2018
Really interested to see where they take Pattman. Are they gonna leave it as its own thing? Would it even be *possible* to have him come over to the EU?

there's been no desire AFAIK to connect

Pattinson seems open to be an independent Batman for however long people want him to be, and there have been talks of a trilogy

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Reeves said its supposed to be the start of a separate "batverse". Penguin and GCPD tv shows are already on the way.

Last edited:

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
there's been no desire AFAIK to connect

Pattinson seems open to be an independent Batman for however long people want him to be, and there have been talks of a trilogy

Reeves said its supposed to be the start of a separate "batverse". Pinguin and GCPD tv shows are already on the way.

I think that's pretty cool and helps push that DC can just keep doing these random projects that don't have to be connected at all.

I've always kind of hoped that we'd see Margot Robbie's Harley team up with him because I think they'd have great chemistry together, but ah well.

May 26, 2018
I think that's pretty cool and helps push that DC can just keep doing these random projects that don't have to be connected at all.

I've always kind of hoped that we'd see Margot Robbie's Harley team up with him because I think they'd have great chemistry together, but ah well.

I'm actually pretty excited to see what the Reeves take on Quinn would look like. Joker too. Just not right away.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw it. Spoilers for something I thought was really beautifully depicted:

I think it was crazy inspired that the first reaction we see from Batman saving someone is in the shadows and the guy in complete fear. He just saved the guy but the dude is totally afraid of him. This is right by the start of the film.

The last reaction is exactly the opposite its Batman in the sun and the little girl is so thankful Batman is there. This is right by the end of the film.

This was truly a beautiful contrast.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, and pardon me the double post:

Guys, I cant stress this enough, but try to watch the movie in the best screen possible.

Its not about hyping anything, its really to not harm your experience. This movie has many dark palettes and you will really need a screen with a very good color definition to be able to fully appreciate the scenes.

I suspect this movie when released in these TVs/Monitors with that option for higher range of Black aspects will be really cool to compare.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be seeing this in about 6 hours time. Ive kept clear of most of the spoilers for this film, which is a first for me in terms of super hero movies.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
for the lucky lads who have seen it

Are the combat scenes up there with the legendary Warehouse sequence?

I don't think any Batman will top that. Affleck's batman was so burly and aggressive, and the warehouse was all lit up so you could see all the carnage that Batman was inflicting (plus he didn't care if people got killed).

Pattinson's Batman is more about creating fear. Mostly a lot of dark scenes and stealth moves in the shadows to counter his enemies. There are definitely some smack downs but nowhere on the scale of Batfleck carnage.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Took Friday off to catch an early screening. Pretty excited.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any Batman will top that. Affleck's batman was so burly and aggressive, and the warehouse was all lit up so you could see all the carnage that Batman was inflicting (plus he didn't care if people got killed).

Pattinson's Batman is more about creating fear. Mostly a lot of dark scenes and stealth moves in the shadows to counter his enemies. There are definitely some smack downs but nowhere on the scale of Batfleck carnage.
Snyder still the king of Bataction it seems

Thanks for the response!

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't matter how "good" the Batffleck action is when it's in a bad movie. It's action for actions sake at that point.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Only

joker

theres an easter egg for Hush - but just an easter egg, not really pointing him to exist

sad .. i was expecting something more like

those scenes in the cartoons or comics that he is walking in arkahm asylum and you see like a cell all froze up and a cell with lots of flowers and a cell with condiment king there =P

GambitPool

Nov 27, 2020
Just saw it. Spoilers for something I thought was really beautifully depicted:

I think it was crazy inspired that the first reaction we see from Batman saving someone is in the shadows and the guy in complete fear. He just saved the guy but the dude is totally afraid of him. This is right by the start of the film.

The last reaction is exactly the opposite its Batman in the sun and the little girl is so thankful Batman is there. This is right by the end of the film.

This was truly a beautiful contrast.

I loved the character arc he had. It was a good move to go younger with Bats so we could get that character evolution. Like I said in my review, it's very reminiscent of Arkham Origins.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
This movie finally made me realize why I disliked War for the Planet of Apes so much despite loving the previous 2 films. Matt Reeves has really embraced this type of 'mythic storytelling' (I dont know what else to call it) that is not compelling to me. This is a fantastic film, a living breathing comic book basically, but not for me.

That Joker scene was so bad how the hell did that end up in the movie?

Last edited:

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Yeah I loved it. While not as mainstream or iconic moments as 89 or TDK, if you're a fan of Phantasm or the modern comic portrayal of Batman you will love it.

Oh and Dano was awesome

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I didnt love this. It's well made but it goes too far at times and the hyper realism is sometimes bleh.

The camera is *way* too close to the action to the point that it's hard to tell wtf is going on occasionally.

I think this is going to be a polarizing film because while it's well made, it's a pretty fucking miserable film until the last 15 minutes.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I have a lot of mixed feelings on this. The movie is very inconsistent. At times the script is good and other times its so stupid. At times the action is good and others I can't even tell what is going on. At the sound is good and others its flat and bad (mainly relating to gunfire and punches). At times the characters are good, especially the 2nd half, and other times its a little too one note.

Then there's other stuff where I'm not sure I like what Reeves is doing with this universe as a whole. It's like a more realistic take on what Nolan was doing but with some cartoony stuff that kinda clashes.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Zodiac comparisons are so strong to me that I almost feel like I can't believe them lol, that's an all-time top 5 movie for me. I like Batman and Reeves' Planet of the Apes movies so I already bought opening weekend tickets for this.