BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I actually got this thought from seeing that Marvel's next big crossover is all about vampires. Then I thought about how cool Dracula used to look in the comics with his pencil-thin moustache.

latest

dracula.jpg

Now he's all armored up with long white hair and no mustache? Oh the humanity.

latest

latest

Boo I say!

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of weird that Marvel is going back to Vampires. We just did vampires 3 times in the last arc and it was BORING. They finally got Jubs out of that umbrella and they're going to force someone back in it?

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I think standard Marvel Drac is a bit *too* generic looking. And the white haired ponytail armor one is too...not Dracula. They should have just struck a deal with Konami to Dracula's SotN design or something.

Anyways, maybe there's something worse than this, but I always though Magneto's costume here was such a huge downgrade. I get why X-Men 97 went with it, since its what he had in the comics, but its still so ugly to me.

magneto-bigcostume4.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I think standard Marvel Drac is a bit *too* generic looking. And the white haired ponytail armor one is too...not Dracula. They should have just struck a deal with Konami to Dracula's SotN design or something.

Anyways, maybe there's something worse than this, but I always though Magneto's costume here was such a huge downgrade. I get why X-Men 97 went with it, since its what he had in the comics, but its still so ugly to me.

magneto-bigcostume4.jpg

I thought it was great for the trial, the large M also being a stand in for Mutant. But he has much better looks for fighting.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Oh no, the biggest comic downgrade is easy.

main-qimg-ef92a16b2b6db315ef7b5c79d33f6708-pjlq

Wanting to give She-Hulk more muscles is fine, but why did you take away her ability to speak coherently and literally turn her into female Hulk?

Wanting to make her less sexualized is fine, but why is she now wearing only underwear when she wasn't before?

Just a total misunderstanding of She-Hulk's character all around.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean, there was some reasoning in this, Dracula decided to go full Vlad the impaler style when he decided to go full on conquest in the open as leader of the monsters. And the look stuck. The classic stuff is low key trolling Drac who's just out adventuring.

We seriously need either one in the next season of X-Men '97 tho, talk about major missing X-men enemy. Especially if Apocalypse is back. That Beef is Babylonic!

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Oh no, the biggest comic downgrade is easy.

main-qimg-ef92a16b2b6db315ef7b5c79d33f6708-pjlq

Wanting to give She-Hulk more muscles is fine, but why did you take away her ability to speak coherently and literally turn her into female Hulk?

Wanting to make her less sexualized is fine, but why is she now wearing only underwear when she wasn't before?

Just a total misunderstanding of She-Hulk's character all around.

Agreed here. Making things worse, She Hulk had literally just gone through an arc where she dealt with a "savage" version of herself caused by the trauma of getting knocked comatose for days (later retconned to killed and resurrected) by Thanos during Civil War 2.

That arc ended with Jen coming to terms with her trauma and eliminating the "savage she hulk" persona in the process.

Jason Aaron literally chose to bring it back in a month with a bullshit throwaway explanation about 'celestials' just because.

The man is a plague and his Avengers run was notorious for just ignoring anything everyone else had written or was writing.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Wait wait wait, I forgot about this one.

From this
latest

To this

Though the latter didn't last long at all.