Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
It would have been great to have some character development with new suits. I think there could have been a lot of interpersonal turmoil that was left off the table as Tony Stark begins to tinker with nanotechnology and becoming a cyborg. Instead we're left with look at this power creep and these cool new suits.

This was already covered with the arc reactor killing Tony in IM2 and building tons of suits as a result of PTSD and then destroying them all in IM3. We don't need to tread old ground.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people want Black Panther be Marvel's Batman so bad? His revenge plot was fine in Civil War, but it only works in that film. The BP movie was a good direction for character because it made a man into a king.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
This was already covered with the arc reactor killing Tony in IM2 and building tons of suits as a result of PTSD and then destroying them all in IM3. We don't need to tread old ground.

I don't think turning yourself into a cyborg is retreading old ground. There's a difference between obsessively building PMC peacekeeper bots and nanotechnology that could endanger personal health.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Why do people want Black Panther be Marvel's Batman so bad? His revenge plot was fine in Civil War, but it only works in that film. The BP movie was a good direction for character because it made a man into a king.
Yes exactly, plus it immediately dealt with alot of the more negative sides of Wakanda's politics so people can't just pull the "why's it okay for the black people to be isolationist but us white folks can't" shit to get angry at the movie, since one of the main points of the movie was T'Challa being like actually no we were wrong not to help others in africa earlier in history and we're wrong if we choose not to help other countries now

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yea thats what im seeing too. It's like people only want to see him doing cool shit and dont care about actual character development.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

The older Iron Man suits are also better than the nano machine suit in IW. The suits which have physical components but augmented by CGI will always look better than completely CGI based suits IMO.

yup, i think it´s quite boring now how much time all the masked characters actually spend without a mask :D
And they (lazily) opted to give everyone nanotech helmets so they wouldn´t have to resort to properly animating the helmet, or having to physically take it on and off like Black Panther. Loved the mechanical suit up sequences in Iron Man 1 for example.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
T'Challa doesn't even get the best Black Panther suit in his own movie.

xFgucJc.png

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It's one of the things I disliked most about the movie. Vibranium is basically magic, and I really don't care for the suits that can just appear out of thin air.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't get over that airport with that dry ass, awful lighting. Seriously, wtf.

In stills it almost looks like a geek convention.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Black panther had some great stuntwork in Civil War. There are scenes that I thought was CG (sliding down the wall and landing while chasing Bucky) that are atually performed by a stuntman.

But they replaced the suit with CGI in every shot in the movie, which most of the time means he's 100% CGI.

Oct 27, 2017
yea thats what im seeing too. It's like people only want to see him doing cool shit and dont care about actual character development.

Black Panther and its thematic elements and depth as it relates to the characters don't appeal to the comic-book movie crowd who aren't capable/willing of understanding things that resonate more than skin deep ala "cool shit" like action sequences.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think T'Challa's character development in BP was all that good. In fact, it was almost like reboot of the character compared to his likeliness in the comics. T'Challa is known for being super arrogant with asshole tendencies, a bit more brutal, very nationalistic, and a wild card of sorts in major conflicts. They also parted out some of his character traits to Shuri for whatever reason to downplay his genius. Hopefully some of that is corrected in the sequel.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
The second one is garbage. You can see it looks like a Halloween costume in some parts of those movies. That first one was so cool. I'm also not a fan of the instantly materializing suits on people. It makes sense for the final evolution of the Ironman armor, but EVERYONE has it now.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Okay, I'm in two minds about Iron man's suits

I didn't like the mroe sleeker suits in 3 and Civil war

but I did like the nanotech suit since it was such a big leap in tech which let the suit do cool new shit and it makes sense with wakanda tech being public

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I don't think T'Challa's character development in BP was all that good. In fact, it was almost like reboot of the character compared to his likeliness in the comics. T'Challa is known for being super arrogant with asshole tendencies, a bit more brutal, very nationalistic, and a wild card of sorts in major conflicts. They also parted out some of his character traits to Shuri for whatever reason to downplay his genius. Hopefully some of that is corrected in the sequel.

Okay, I'm kinda glad that he changed from the comics interpretation because Black Panther often looked too good and I think putting his tech skills to Shuri made for a cool role model for young girls looking into tech and some great interactions between T'Challa and Shuri

And Imo, it makes sense that T'Challa didn't have time to tinker with tech since he was too focused on becoming the next king

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I think the eyebrow and nose lines of the new suit really make the new design feel like a step down, but I think that besides my preference of the thicker Civil War necklace, the rest of the new suit looks better in it's minimaism.

Although I hope they find a good middle ground between the two for any future suits.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Not only was the suit better in CW, Black Panther was a more compelling character in CW than in his own movie.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The DP suit was worse, not just in looks, but also its power took a lot of the tension out of fight scenes. It turned him into a fighting game character: hitting him only makes him gain meter to burst a combo breaker.