Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I hope the book of Boba Fett is more like Tales from the Cantina... bring in a bunch of bounty hunters!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah this is hype, especially with Ming on board
The Mandalorian is a love letter to the prequels, The Clone Wars and the Old EU.

It never reaches sequel trilogy levels of OT fanwank, and in many ways it's a fuck you to purists.
They brought back freaking Darktroopers Mk3 from Rebel Assualt not to mention all the other nods and straight up refs. It was awesome, if you have lore use it baby!

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was confused by people posting this online.

I never even considered the idea that it wasn't standalone, haha.

Seems like a weird leap to me.

Because of a combination of things:

1. The Book of Boba Fett was announced to be in December 2021, and The Mandalorian was announced days prior at the investment meeting that it would also premiere in December 2021.

2. The main quest appeared to be over.

3. The "chapter" cards for each episode of the Mandalorian combined with announcing "The Book" of Boba Fett made us think potentially we were watching "The Book of Din Djarin".

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Because of a combination of things:

1. The Book of Boba Fett was announced to be in December 2021, and The Mandalorian was announced days prior at the investment meeting that it would also premiere in December 2021.

2. The main quest appeared to be over.

3. The "chapter" cards for each episode of the Mandalorian combined with announcing "The Book" of Boba Fett made us think potentially we were watching "The Book of Din Djarin".
On #1, Kennedy never said that S3 of Mando would air in December 2021, just that "the next chapter in the story" would air then. People assumed that meant S3 because why not, but as Favreau mentioned, she was deliberately vague in her wording to hide the surprise of the Boba Fett announcement.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On #1, Kennedy never said that S3 of Mando would air in December 2021, just that "the next chapter in the story" would air then. People assumed that meant S3 because why not, but as Favreau mentioned, she was deliberately vague in her wording to hide the surprise of the Boba Fett announcement.

Ah well there you go.