• Obi-Wan Kenobi

Votes: 261 28.5%
  • The Book of Boba Fett

Votes: 656 71.5%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I enjoyed them but Obi-Wan was better.

Book of Boba suddenly gave up on it's title character and turned into a weird Mandalorian crossover half way through because they had no clue what to do with Boba's story.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hard to say, Boba was basically like.. nothing? Like aside from the random power rangers gang I dont think it was offensively bad, just... boring and unimaginative.

Obiwan tho, as much as i love ewan and really wanted to see him back as obiwan was actually imo an offensive star wars entry. Just so over the shit of cramming unnecessary repetitive stories into every crevice surrounding the OT movies in increasingly unlikely ways. I guess Boba is the same in that regard it's jsut a little less offensive to me when its a tertiary character. But again, Boba didn't even do anything interesting... they just went back to tattooine to do the things theyve already done on tattoine in other stories in a slightly different way while trying and failing to give the main character any... character.

Anyway, maybe one day we'll get a good star wars story again lol.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
Both are 1/10 drivel written and shot by hacks, but Obi-Wan had the audacity to plagiarize the helmet scene from Rebels and do it worse.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I had some problems with Obi-wan, but Book of Boba Fett was two really good Mandalorian episodes wrapped in a haphazard, kinda about Boba Fett shell. I thought Obi's final episodes were pretty decent actually, show got better as it went along.

WildImpala

Jan 19, 2022
I actually just watched a 2:30 hrs fan edit of Obi Wan and I enjoyed it! It cut out the worst parts (*cough* Leia chase scene *cough*) while having good pacing and remaining cohesive.

While the show is ultimately not very good, it gets points for having Ewan McGregor and for nailing that final Vader duel.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
Like the camera work and editing during the Leia chase scene is like something from a cheap kids show.

Well then I guess Obi-Wan was standing tall with its peers.

Obi-Wan was the worst show I've ever seen. If it wasn't a Star Wars show, it would be universally hated. Boba Fett was saved from that fate by the two Mandalorian episodes they added. If not for those, this would be a tough question.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At least Obi-wan Kenobi was actually about the guy it was named after

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
boba fett was so bad they took a 2 episode break to show what mandalorian and baby yoda were up to, the sheer disrespect to Boba Fett

it'd be like in obi wan if suddenly 1 episode was just all the cutscenes from Jedi Fallen Order

both are still pretty much trash though, but did have some good moments. I enjoyed the Vader moments, I really liked the Hayden stuff, I liked some of the Obi Wan moments. Same with Boba Fett, there was some good stuff but in both shows the lows were so.. so.... so.... so bad.

all i have to say is "power ranger scooters" and everyone knows what I mean. or "leia being chased in a forest by flea".

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
They're both soulless, needless tripe.

I think Boba had some okay things around humanising, for lack of a better word, the sand people and the idea of the rancor was cool, but execution poor.

The scene in Obi-Wan when Vader appears out of nowhere and uses the force to stop a ship leaving is one of the worst looking things I've ever seen.

The Volume sucks, man.

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
I don't get the Obi-Wan hate. I thought it was consistently great. Way better than Mando.

Book of Boba Fett is, off the top of my head, the worst TV show I've ever seen. Nothing in it worked, unless you count being laughable.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Book of Boba Fett is only good when it's not being Book of Boba Fett. Which it actually does for a few episodes. It's weird.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was fine. No more, no less, just fine.

Apr 20, 2022
Obi wan easily.
Nothing happens in the grand scheme of the franchise. Him looking after Leia for a bit has no bearing on the rest of the story apart from why she would send a message to him in the opening for ANH. Vader loosing the fight (again) and being allowed to live when obi wan has the upper hand is one of the worst pieces of story telling ever because he could've ended Vader tyranny there and then. Reva entire story about being a jedi turned inquisitor has zero relevance. The series adds more head scratching questions rather than answers.

Noba Fett while not good at least is new story and can stand on its own. Fetts story is lame but is helped by becoming Mandolorian S2.5 lol

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say Obi-wan, because the expectation was so high...
It's the continuation of Revenge of the Sith/rematch of Vader and Obi-wan.
The story of the 2 most important Star Wars characters (aside from Luke and Yoda).
Unfortunately, it was just disappointing as hell with its terrible script, terrible dialogue, terrible production quality, etc...

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
I think I'm a uncultured fool or a dumb star wars nerd cause I like those shows for the most part.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boba learning the Tuskins culture was cool and all (the ritual warrior dance!), the stockholm syndrome of it was still wack; it's a slave victim forcably befriending their slavers. Everything else in BoBF was dogshit.

Kenobi edges out as the better show because of Vader.

This is close to where I am. Each series had some really bad production elements - the fight editing in Obi Wan may have been the worst I've ever seen in any live action show or movie. Each series also had -some- good elements, like the mentioned Tuskin culture and the Mando content in BoBF. But I too give the edge to Obi Wan solely because of some good Vader moments and it managed to tell a story that made sense to the characters more than what we saw in BoBF. BoBF completely lost the plot by the time it got to its finale.

sml_x

Oct 27, 2017
The episode of Boba Fett where he leads the train heist with the Tuskens is legit awesome and I will die on this hill. Also gave us the first live-action Hutts since Jabba, and they were truly unsettling, though underused.

Nothing from Obi-Wan was as memorable or exciting. A waste of Ewan McGregor, kind of a shame.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Boba Fett was so bad they had to have two episodes dedicated to Mando as well as have him in the 2nd half to salvage the series.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I very much dislike the negativity framing of this thread. Instead of simply asking what the forum's opinion of each show is, it's presented so matter of factly that both shows suck and shouldn't have been made… but which is worse?

I liked both shows. Are they terrific? No, the plotting is stretched too thin and the production values aren't as good as they could be. But Boba did provide us with one of the best episodes of Star Wars television in the Lawrence of Arabia episode and Ewan was a delight to see as a beaten down man who has to get his groove back. I also liked the dynamic of Obi and little Leia.

I'm glad they exist.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The reaction to Obi-Wan has always confused me, it wasn't great but it was at least watchable. The famous forest chase scene was badly done but it's whatever. I didn't find it particularly awful or even bad, it was just "fine". I enjoyed it more than Attack of the Clones (which is a low bar I know) so it was at least better than one of the prequel movies.

Boba Fett was almost unwatchable, they clearly had no idea which direction they wanted to take it and it just felt like they were making it up as they were going along. Boba wasn't even the same character he was in Mando S2, and that was by the same director, it's baffling.
It's only saved by the couple of random Mando episodes they shoved it in there.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Obi-Wan had a lot of okay ideas delivered badly.

Boba Fett was full of bad ideas that were also delivered badly.

So Boba gets the L here.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Book of Boba by a country mile. Obi-Wan had some good episodes and scenes. Boba had fucking nothing. Might by the worst Star Wars product I've ever seen.

Waggles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who in the wide world of sports is legit voting for obi wan being worse?

Boba fett barely become tolerable only after it turned into the mando show, and frankly that really shouldn't count.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Who in the wide world of sports is legit voting for obi wan being worse?

Boba fett barely become tolerable only after it turned into the mando show, and frankly that really shouldn't count.

How in the world are you voting for Boba being worse?? It at least HAD decent episodes, even if they were just a stealth 1/4 season of Mando. Obi-Wan had nothing. Trash fire from start to finish.

Boba was a failed attempt at a Mando spin-off that didn't work on its own. Low stakes, low budget, minor disappointment. Obi-Wan brought back Ewan freaking McGregor and then handicapped him with a garbage script and hilariously poor directing/editing.

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
I'd throw Ahsoka on this pile too. And I say that as a fan of Rebels. Most of these live action Star Wars shows have this underwritten, almost amateur hour style to them married with top of the line VFX and creature work. I remember some of the blocking in Ahsoka looked like a student film. Even the way the dialogue was delivered was just...odd. Like when you listen to a podcast and the people talking aren't synced up right so there's just a wee bit too much dead air. Felt like they were stretching things out for time tbh

But between those two choices, Boba Fett as worst. The warlord with a heart of gold thing is lame. If he's bad, let him be bad.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly if you just renamed the Boba series to something like Tales of the Mandalorians and throw in more Bo Katan stuff, it would have been an improvement.

Obi-wan commits the ultimate Star wars sin. We don't want to see our favorite characters as dumb kids. I didn't think Disney could make a more pointless star wars thing than Rogue One, but I was very wrong.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
They were both bad, but I guess Boba Fett caused me to lower my expectations enough for Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I found that series mostly forgettable whereas with Boba Fett I'll always remember a lot of the dumb scenes. I don't think I've ever seen such a complete misfire of a series before, literally the only decent episode was the one where the title character wasn't in it lol.

Dec 16, 2017
I thought it was more Kenobi didn't trust himself in the force anymore.
He runs off screen. Then starts walking. Then Vader shows up again a minute later. Then he runs again. The scene ends with Vader creating a fire and dragging Obi Wan through it, putting it out with the force, and then 30 seconds later, someone saves Obi Wan by restarting the same fire and Vader can't figure out what to do.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
beyond the kind of mean fan sniping of two shows that a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into, i think the more interesting thing is the unique period in time that allowed both shows to get made.

These kind of shows will never get made again in our lifetime.

They were only made because Disney desperately wanted to build its Disney+ service to be bigger than Netflix, AND investors and the government was lending out money effectively free. You'd be foolish not to spend as much money as you can as fast as you can. So we get a bunch of half baked ideas created by people without enough experience and nobody checking anyone.

Fascinating times, for all the shit we give shows like this or Citadel or Resident Evil or Cowboy Bebop we also got stuff like One Piece, Andor, Slow Horses, Severance, Strange New Worlds, etc. Most of these kind of shows will not get greenlit anymore, especially ones with crazy expensive budgets.

It'll be interesting in the middle of 2025 to see what shows are actually airing and how many compared to 2022 and 2023.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Obi-wan show was worse since I felt Ewan was wasted on that show. Book of boba was at least fun. It also had cad bane and giant droidekas.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How in the world are you voting for Boba being worse?? It at least HAD decent episodes, even if they were just a stealth 1/4 season of Mando. Obi-Wan had nothing. Trash fire from start to finish.

Boba was a failed attempt at a Mando spin-off that didn't work on its own. Low stakes, low budget, minor disappointment. Obi-Wan brought back Ewan freaking McGregor and then handicapped him with a garbage script and hilariously poor directing/editing.

Yea I voted for Obi-Wan mainly because it was the far bigger disappointment compared to Boba

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Obi-Wan was far more disappointing.

The first few episodes of Boba Fett were pretty good and the Mando episode was awesome.

Obi-Wan should have been a movie or a shorter series that strictly focused on Obi-Wan dealing with himself. The first episode showed promise but it became a real mess after that. It had some cool moments but it should have been so much better. I had much higher expectations compared to Boba and it dropped the ball pretty hard. It's easily the cheapest looking Star Wars show as well which is baffling given that it stars one of the biggest characters in Star Wars. The lightsaber fights legitimately look like they come from a fan film. One fantastic scene with Hayden at the end doesn't make up for the disjointed mess that led up to it. And that moment's place in the overall story feels unnecessary at best. Especially since it was basically ripped from a better scene with Ahsoka.

Nov 29, 2018
Obi-Wan committed the greatest cardinal sin of making Anakin and Obi-Wan into a couple of C-list chumps. It's such a bummer too, because if you brush aside the hilarious BS there's a good story somewhere in there.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd throw Ahsoka on this pile too. And I say that as a fan of Rebels. Most of these live action Star Wars shows have this underwritten, almost amateur hour style to them married with top of the line VFX and creature work. I remember some of the blocking in Ahsoka looked like a student film. Even the way the dialogue was delivered was just...odd. Like when you listen to a podcast and the people talking aren't synced up right so there's just a wee bit too much dead air. Felt like they were stretching things out for time tbh

Ahsoka was just depressing for me personally. Easily the show I had the most hype for (prior to knowing Andor would be amazing) as Ahsoka is probably my favorite character overall, and yet it just really dropped the ball overall. Far better highs than either Obi-Wan or Boba, but a far cry from an actually good show. It was just fine at best.

And speaking of Rebels, man, if I hadn't binged that show beforehand, I would've thought even less of it...

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I actually really liked the episodes of Book of Boba Fett that Robert Rodriguez didn't direct. Guy somehow makes low budget stuff look expensive and a big Star Wars show look like cheap garbage.

Obi-wan was complete trash from start to finish.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Boba Fett had our crime boss not actually commit any crimes and have every antagonist in the series disrespect him to his face. It would be one of the worst seasons of high budget sci fi television ever were it not for the Mando episodes goofily squeezed in the middle.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
they're both bad but there was one good episode in boba fett i think. it was the one not about boba fett.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Actually hilarious that the Boba Fett show just kind of stopped being about Boba Fett for like half its length.

Still haven't watched Obi-Wan, because I have strong objections to its very premise. The answer to "what was Obi-Wan doing between the prequels and Star Wars" should be "fucking nothing, he was just a hermit in exile keeping an eye on Luke." Having him go on adventures in between weakens the rest of the story. I feel even the stuff in Rebels was borderline dumb, but they executed that encounter so close to perfectly it gets a pass.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023

But between those two choices, Boba Fett as worst. The warlord with a heart of gold thing is lame. If he's bad, let him be bad.
I wouldn't put Ahsoka quite on their level, but I do really dislike it.

I just really wish that had been an animated series, even if none of the story beats were changed.

Actually hilarious that the Boba Fett show just kind of stopped being about Boba Fett for like half its length.

Still haven't watched Obi-Wan, because I have strong objections to its very premise. The answer to "what was Obi-Wan doing between the prequels and Star Wars" should be "fucking nothing, he was just a hermit in exile keeping an eye on Luke." Having him go on adventures in between weakens the rest of the story.

My main hope for Obi-Wan was it being a very character focused, about him dealing with the grief and PTSD the prequels gave him, with flashbacks to some key moments to serve the occasional obligatory action scene.

I genuinely did not want to see Vader at all.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
the BoB is only good if you want to laugh at Boba being a complete jobber...which I did. Obi Wan has a lot of cool aspects and is good out of context of the OT. They tried so hard but the final fight and the ending makes A New Hope not make sense anymore.

Still haven't watched Obi-Wan, because I have strong objections to its very premise. The answer to "what was Obi-Wan doing between the prequels and Star Wars" should be "fucking nothing, he was just a hermit in exile keeping an eye on Luke." Having him go on adventures in between weakens the rest of the story. I feel even the stuff in Rebels was borderline dumb, but they executed that encounter so close to perfectly it gets a pass.

And they already have comics of him being hermit and stopping look from killing himself. The whole point was him keeping Luke off the radar, leaving the planet puts him on the radar. But the Clone Wars fans and Filoni has to make something else with Luke and Vader.

Filoni has a lot of cool ideas but he/it needs to step away from the Clone Wars and that toy box and move on to something else.

Last edited: