• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
They're time traveling back to when Naruto was good

I can't defend this series no matter how I tried to like it. It's a shameless cashgrab.

At least the movie retelling was amazing...I guess

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
A time travel arc would've been more fun with Naruto and the Sauce instead of Boruto and the Sauce. I dont mind a whole arc of Sasuke getting needled for all the shit he tried to pull on Konoha in the past.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its name should have given it away
Look forward to waruto, the next spin-off where it's about naruto's evil twin and his brother, waluiruto

Aine

May 27, 2019
Seems like a harmless story for the 20th anniversary. Far worse ways to go about it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't gonna lie, I'll watch this arc, then go back to not watching Boruto

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Is this filler?
Like i remember trying to watch the anime BUT DAMN i just remember getting hit with some filler and filler then movie adaptation nonsense
Like damn son what is this mid 2000s shonen arc scheduling here?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Look forward to waruto, the next spin-off where it's about naruto's evil twin and his brother, waluiruto

that already exists https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Menma_Uzumaki
alternative dimension

Is this filler?
Like i remember trying to watch the anime BUT DAMN i just remember getting hit with some filler and filler then movie adaptation nonsense
Like damn son what is this mid 2000s shonen arc scheduling here?

Almost all of Boruto is filler because the manga is monthly and has shit pace. Only the movie stuff is not filler. Like except for the movie stuff which was also again in the manga we haven't seen anything from the manga yet after 3?4? years.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Someone needs to update this for Waluiruto.

Dv6z69vVsAAIZAb

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I don't understand why they won't just adapt the manga. It would actually be quite popular if they adapted the material that is already there.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
The real question is does Sakura get anything to do this series? Or rather, does any female character?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Positive: Jiraiya screen time.
Negative: It's still Pierrot that has control over the anime, especially the dull filler parts.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well I haven't watched boruto anime in a long ass time but this......does bring a smile to my face thanks OP..I'll be watching this episode lol and then stop watcht boruto again when this arc ends hehe

Love me some time travel shanigans :3

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Well I think it's an interesting idea and am looking forward to it 🤷🏿‍♂️.

Almost all of Boruto is filler because the manga is monthly and has shit pace. Only the movie stuff is not filler. Like except for the movie stuff which was also again in the manga we haven't seen anything from the manga yet after 3?4? years.
Everything is canon, there are even moments in the manga referencing anime only moments.

I don't understand why they won't just adapt the manga. It would actually be quite popular if they adapted the material that is already there.
Honestly there isn't enough material for a weekly show to adapt a monthly manga. There are some parts they could adapt but it would feel off to adapt a part then go away from it for a long period of time. It would ruin the flow and pacing, which in the manga is already slow.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I figured they were creatively bankrupt when I saw the design and name of the new main character

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I think it's an interesting idea and am looking forward to it 🤷🏿‍♂️.

Everything is canon, there are even moments in the manga referencing anime only moments.

Honestly there isn't enough material for a weekly show to adapt a monthly manga. There are some parts they could adapt but it would feel off to adapt a part then go away from it for a long period of time. It would ruin the flow and pacing, which in the manga is already slow.

Yeah everyone says that but it's really unimportant boring shit.

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't know, this actually seems like it might be kinda interesting and fun. I don't watch Boruto but I might actually check this out since I have nostalgia for the OG show.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've only watched a few boruto episodes and stopped because it was garbage.

However, this idea sound neat if trite so I'll be watching. Congratulations, you played yourself.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they'll pull a Deadpool 2 and kill Naruto and Sasuke before they create their obnoxious offspring

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have said it before and i will say it again. The Boruto series will go down as one of the worst sequels in the history of Manga/Anime. The overall premise of it being based around the children of original cast is great on its own and could have worked splendidly, but the fact that the shit ass writers decided to place them in such a technology centered plotline surrounded by shit characters with shit abilities make it one of the worst sequels I have ever experienced.

And thats not even including the EXTREMELY obvious pedophile themes when it comes to the young female characters like Sarada and the way they are portrayed. It's fucking disgusting and the fact that some Naruto diehards out there still try and make excuses for this particular part of the new series is fucking gross and they should be ashamed.

EDIT: To be clear I am talking about the reprehensible Boruto manga when I talk about that last part. The anime last time I checked (episode 50 something?) do not exhibit any of the Manga's disgusting fetishes when it comes to the young female cast.

Last edited:

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Isn't this happening due to the anime's anniversary? If that is the case I do not have a problem with it.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Does the anime not follow the manga?
Ive been reading the manga cuz the anime seemed to go into fillers and I just never came back to it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck that is not what I was expecting. Bravo if they can get Neji involved somehow

Deleted member 42102

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Let me preface this by saying I'm not a Boruto defender nor am I a Boruto hater. But creatively bankrupt seems a tad bit excessive OP. Especially when Naruto did the same thing but with a movie. What do you want them to do? Go away for years at a time like all the other monthly mangas? I doubt Pierrot or Viz would let that happen. Plus this is clearly for the 20th anniversary as evidenced by literally the video you posted here. It's just a nice little arc celebrating the series for being 20 years old it ain't that serious. Be that as it may, the writing has been so shit in certain areas that I can't even fault you for feeling this way but personally I've come to enjoy the little slice of life pace they've got going on. Plus everybody gonna suddenly start like Boruto when the manga arcs start getting adapted anyway so it just feels like wasted breath.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Let me preface this by saying I'm not a Boruto defender nor am I a Boruto hater. But creatively bankrupt seems a tad bit excessive OP. Especially when Naruto did the same thing but with a movie. What do you want them to do? Go away for years at a time like all the other monthly mangas? I doubt Pierrot or Viz would let that happen. Plus this is clearly for the 20th anniversary as evidenced by literally the video you posted here. It's just a nice little arc celebrating the series for being 20 years old it ain't that serious. Be that as it may, the writing has been so shit in certain areas that I can't even fault you for feeling this way but personally I've come to enjoy the little slice of life pace they've got going on. Plus everybody gonna suddenly start like Boruto when the manga arcs start getting adapted anyway so it just feels like wasted breath.

I don't think it's fair to compare a silly OVA to a series that is 100+ episode by now and still hasn't established a main conflict. And the manga is not exactly brilliant material either, and has it's own share of problems, like it's depiction of Sarada.

It just feels to me that writing an arc like this after 100 episodes of bumbling around doing fuck all is just adding insult to injury.

On one hand they have managed to actually convey a feeling of friendship between the new cast members. On the other hands, they simply can't let go of the greatest hits so every arc has this feeling of "Been there done that". This kind of arc is just the culmination of that.

Last edited: