DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1790361632918716904

Prime Video has handed The Boys an early Season 5 renewal, a month ahead of its fourth season premiere on June 13, TVLine has learned. The announcement was made as part of Amazon's inaugural upfront presentation on Tuesday.
"The Boys could be the best job I'll ever have. What other show allows me to write about politics, capitalism, family, and exploding genitalia, though not in that order," showrunner Eric Kripke said in a statement. "The cast and crew are deeply grateful to Sony Pictures Television and Amazon MGM Studios for the opportunity to tell this story for another season. My only problem is that since this year promises to be free of any conflict or misinformation, we're not sure what to write about."
Added Vernon Sanders, head of television for Amazon MGM Studios: "The Boys is an unabashed and bold series that continues captivating our customers all over the world by piercing the cultural fabric season after season. We are proud of this series that has grown into a global franchise, and we are thrilled that Eric Kripke and the creative team have more engaging stories to tell for all the loyal fans."
tvline.com

The Boys Gets Early Season 5 Renewal

'The Boys' has received an early Season 5 renewal, a month ahead of its fourth season premiere on Prime Video -- get more details!

Last edited:

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Erm… season 4 looks like it was endgame already. I wonder what will happen then to extend the story.

Oct 27, 2017
I've really enjoyed The Boys but as I was watching S3 I kind of felt like they need to start wrapping up soon. Maybe they'll surprise me but I was feeling like the concept was running out of steam.

That being said I recently watched Gen V and I really liked that, so maybe don't trust me.

Mar 11, 2020
"The Boys is an unabashed and bold series that continues captivating our customers all over the world by piercing the cultural fabric season after season."

This feels gross wording it like this. Why the fuck wouldn't they call them viewers. That's all they see us as is just numbers.

Fuck this person. Sorry for the tangent but that line really pissed me off.

Oct 25, 2017
not looking forward to how they have Homelander survive yet again...

Hey, maybe he bites it and his son will be the final boss.

I dunno if this is the season where Butcher will die and then Huey goes to the dark side as well.

"The Boys is an unabashed and bold series that continues captivating our customers all over the world by piercing the cultural fabric season after season."

This feels gross wording it like this. Why the fuck wouldn't they call them viewers. That's all they see us as is just numbers.

Probably an Amazon culture thing. The service is primarily to get you to buy stuff with next day delivery, the shows are a method to key us doing that. And we are numbers to them at the end of the day.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
I've really enjoyed The Boys but as I was watching S3 I kind of felt like they need to start wrapping up soon. Maybe they'll surprise me but I was feeling like the concept was running out of steam.

That being said I recently watched Gen V and I really liked that, so maybe don't trust me.

That rings true. Season 3 started to stretch but Gen V seemed to reinvigorate things. I'm hopeful

Mar 11, 2020
Probably an Amazon culture thing. The service is primarily to get you to buy stuff with next day delivery, the shows are a method to key us doing that. And we are numbers to them at the end of the day.
its-true-but-he-shouldnt-say-it-marge-simpson.gif

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
pls wrap up Homelander

This is why I find myself getting into less and less TV, they have to drag it out when they have a good thing going, which kills the story over time. The shows that don't do this are a unicorn, or they get cancelled

PS_Snake

Jun 11, 2023
Really was hoping there would be some end in sight; something they were working towards. This just feels like they might drag it out way longer than it needs to but I hope I'm wrong.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Good to hear but yeah, I also think season 5 should be the last. The show has an obvious shelf life and I don't want them stretching things too much.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Erm… season 4 looks like it was endgame already. I wonder what will happen then to extend the story.

The comic has a definitive end and I can't imagine the show not following that storyline, so it means that after we conclude the current arc there is still at least a season to go.

Really was hoping there would be some end in sight; something they were working towards. This just feels like they might drag it out way longer than it needs to but I hope I'm wrong.

There is an end game in sight, I expect this season to be the one that has us enter the endgame.

Nyaghoggua

Apr 3, 2024
Final season please, or at least wrap up Homelander's role in it so I can stop caring and watching.

This isn't a show that should go nine seasons. You have spinoff potential for Gen V and stuff like that. Compound V would still exist after the fall of Voight.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah as much as Homelander is a great character on screen, I hope they don't yet again try and fail to off him.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, that's Amazon. They're a tech company cosplaying as an entertainment company. Tech took over Hollywood anyway.

How many legacy players are left after Paramount gets sold to Sony?

Mar 11, 2020
I'm confused at people here thinking there's no end in sight when they stated multiple times they are planning for 5 seasons. We ain't at 5 seasons yet. I mean i agree i hope they do finish on Season 5 or at least wrap up this whole storyline and start a new one if not ending it there, but at least give some closure.

I think people are thinking it's taking too long just cause the wait between seasons is longer than a normal show.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
they need to kill homelander and establish a new big bad. even butcher going crazy would be better than homelander.
i just hope they wrap it up in season 5. him becoming president and turning the entire world against him, maybe?

anyway: this used to be so much worse in shows that have 25+ episodes per season.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I need Homelander to be taken down a notch or two beforehand.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would announce season 5 as a show ending season, i like the show but it feels like the finale resets most things back to a status quo with a minor advancement. Bad guys not quite gone forever just on ice in case they want to come back, one side character dies to advance the emotional journey of a core character.

hopefully season 4 is way more wild with meaningful loss and consequences.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
One more season of the boys and gen v seems about right for where the story is

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
I'll keep watching, but I thought the story was already threadbare as it was and needed to wrap up quickly. There's only so many times you can pull a Homelander messes up/does something evil but then it gets quickly swept under the rug.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
I really like The Boys but it's basically become this tweet. So they really need to make sure the fifth season is the last one.

2bc.jpg

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Final season hopefully. Hope Kripke remember to wrap up his story. Also...S4 totally gonna ends with all hell break lose worldwide, right? Like it's about damn time already...?

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, most paying attention knew it'd get to at least S5, I just hope S5 is actually the last season

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
people who are upset doesn't this follow the comics so shouldn't we know we are getting close to the end?

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, *looks at Nielsen ratings *, we have always been numbers to them.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised to see so many people suggesting they move on from Homelander when he's the best part of the show. If anything I'd prefer they kill off Butcher lol.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
The season finales keep being the show's weakness, but I honestly don't care if its to keep Homelander in the picture - the show ends with him.

Butcher is good, but Homelander is so far and above all the other characters. Whenever he shows up, however briefly, everyone is on edge. Gen V spoiler - his brief cameo showed how quickly he makes everyone irrelevant

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Unsurprising but great news. I'd say that I'm shocked at how well the quality has maintained throughout all three seasons but the Kripke seasons of Supernatural were the same way.

I'm really struggling to understand how referring to people as "viewers" is somehow better than "customers" when it comes to seeing us just numbers lol

Mar 11, 2020
Unsurprising but great news. I'd say that I'm shocked at how well the quality has maintained throughout all three seasons but the Kripke seasons of Supernatural were the same way.

I'm really struggling to understand how referring to people as "viewers" is somehow better than "customers" when it comes to seeing us just numbers lol
Film and movies is art. Just calling people that watch it customers feels like it's taking away it being creative art and reducing all the viewers to just people that pay them money. Maybe i'm wrong and reading too much into things. Idk it just felt gross to me and reductive of what it is.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
That kind of corpo language has really bled into the way TV and stuff is discussed now, 'brands', 'IPs', 'your favorite franchises', so calling people 'customers' is more of the same really.