• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
headerfff1y.png

campaigna4ctw.png

In this narrative-driven, third-person survival horror game set 300 years in the future, the player will take on the role of Jacob Lee – a victim of fate thrown into Black Iron Prison, a maximum-security penitentiary located on Jupiter's moon, Callisto. When inmates begin to transform into monstrous creatures, the prison is thrown into chaos. To survive, Jacob must battle his way to safety to escape Black Iron Prison, while uncovering the dark and disturbing secrets buried beneath the surface of Callisto. Using a unique blend of shooting and close-quarters combat, Jacob will need to adapt his tactics to combat the rapidly evolving creatures while scavenging to unlock new weapons, gear, and abilities to outrun the growing threat and escape the horrors of Jupiter's Dead Moon.

halixzaehh.png

Helix Station was once the jewel of the Jovian system, but it's been a decaying ghost ship ever since its Carpenter drive went supercritical. In the year 2320, when a dangerous escaped criminal seeks refuge there, officers of the Black Iron Prison force a pair of veteran skip tracers to help recover him. But once on Helix, they discover murderous alien life forms, as well as unspeakable horrors from their past. Helix Station is a six-part prequel podcast Starring Gwendoline Christie and Michael Ironside. Presented by Striking Distance Studios.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2IGzBJp1E&list=PLPlPq9_4YrGma13aBzLfoh9HCjwSTi5nB&index=1&t=1s
Also available here.

Trailers

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oApNe6AwFo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9rSAmdywD4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJsHsY4sivk

PC Specs
Minimum
  • Operating System – Windows 10 or 11
  • Processor Intel Core i5 – 8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Memory – 8 GB Ram
  • Graphics Card – NVIDIA GeForce 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580
  • DirectX Version 11
  • A minimum of 75 GBs of Available Space is required
Recommended
  • Operating System – Windows 10 or 11
  • Processor – Intel Core i7 – 8700 or an AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Memory – 16 GB of RAM
  • Graphics Card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD Radeon RX 5700
  • Version 12 DirectX
  • Storage – 75 GB of available space. A Solid State Drive (SSD) is recommended.
Editions
day10wcuy.png

PlayStation 4/ Xbox One Day One/ PC (Standard) Edition - $59.99
  • Retro Prisoner Character Skin
  • 2 Retro Prisoner Weapon Skins
  • Contraband Pack (PlayStation Exclusive)
PlayStation 4/ Xbox One/ PC Digital Deluxe Edition - $79.99
  • Season Pass
PlayStation 5 (PS4 & PS5)/ Xbox Series Day One (Standard) Edition - $69.99
PlayStation 5 (PS4 & PS5)/ Xbox Series Digital Deluxe Edition - $89.99
  • Season Pass
cexid38.png

PlayStation 5/ Xbox Series Collector's Edition (GameStop Exclusive) - $249.99

• Jacob Statue
  • Steel book Case
  • TCP Comic #0 Edition
  • Outer Way & UCJ Collectable Pins
  • 48 hour Advanced Access to Story DLC (PlayStation Exclusive)
Season Pass
Outer Way Skin Collection
Bear the armor of the Outer Way, an underground insurgency pitted against the UJC, as you fight to survive the horrors of Callisto.

Contagion Bundle
Discover the ultimate survival horror experience with a new mode, Contagion. With reduced ammo and health drops, a customized difficulty and permadeath – there are no second chances to escape Black Iron Prison or the horrors lurking beneath the surface of Callisto. The Contagion Bundle also includes thirteen new Jacob death animations and the Watchtower Skin Collection.

Riot Bundle
Venture into a previously undiscovered area of Black Iron Prison and battle through waves of brutal enemies. Gather credits to upgrade your weapons, or forge new ones, and survive the onslaught as long as you can in Riot, an all-new mode. The Riot Bundle also includes twelve new enemy death animations and the Engineer Skin Collection.

Story DLC
Dig deeper into the horrifying secrets of The Callisto Protocol.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious if this turns out well.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Great OT!

Might want to change the embedded trailer for the Launch Trailer though, just shows "Video Unavailable" due to the age gate

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Looking forward to the reviews, and I will Day One it, if it they are good.

This will also be my first non exclusive game that I've chosen to play on PS5.
I'd have to turn down the options so much on my PC I'd be doing the game a disservice.

EDIT: Nice little NASA coincidence today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNSmLNWyojA

Callisto Tech, Callisto Protocol...

tvRlUHul.png

Last edited:

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Spent a few hours playing it today. I won't post any spoilers, but I will say I love it so far. The atmosphere is great and the gameplay is fun and engaging. You can't button mash. You have to be deliberate with your movements / attacks.

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
Spent a few hours playing it today. I won't post any spoilers, but I will say I love it so far. The atmosphere is great and the gameplay is fun and engaging. You can't button mash. You have to be deliberate with your movements / attacks.
did the positive impressions come as a surprise or was the marketing/prerelease stuff pretty good at showing what the game is about?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I was hoping that the review embargo would lift at least a day before but nope...

Bosox06DH

Nov 19, 2019
Super stoked to play this game, really hope the team was able to make their vision of what a true spiritual successor to Dead Space would become after nearly a decade.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this.

Wait, hold up. Just saw that this unlocks at 5am in the UK and not at midnight. Well that fucking sucks.

Last edited:

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Interested in the DF breakdown of this as it seems the lighting quality is noticeably inferior on the 60 fps mode on current gen consoles based off some comparison clips in the spoiler thread.

Can you or someone else that has played it early comment on the sponginess of the enemies? I saw a post in the spoiler thread saying it can take quite awhile to take them down, and if so do you get more powerful later on so this is lessened? I am NOT a fan of enemies that take forever to take down.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I feel kind of like something needs to be modified in the OT slightly to make sure that people understand that Helix Station is a podcast and is a prequel thing. The way it's written, it all bleeds together so I think people may get confused there and think it's has something to do with the main game

Edit

Oh man, Gwen from GoT is in this too?! Game has such an awesome cast I can't wait to play it!

Case in point lol

Edit 2: Nvm, it says prequel podcast in the description. Guess I missed it

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so the death animations locked behind the Season Pass will only be featured in the new modes coming out in 2023- Contagion Bundle and Riot Bundle?...so the new animations will not be retroactively placed into the base game after its release?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
so the death animations locked behind the Season Pass will only be featured in the new modes coming out in 2023- Contagion Bundle and Riot Bundle?...so the new animations will not be retroactively placed into the base game after its release?

As of now, we don't know. All we know is there will be new animations but we have no idea how they will be implemented.

Also Contagion mode just seems to be a new difficulty mode as far as we can tell. Not a new separate mode

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
The podcast is actually really fun, definitely give it a listen if you're thirsting for content.
My hype has gone up a bit since I listened.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I think id be all over this at launch if it came with a steelbook

there are just so many games that I gotta finish and gamepass is loaded

hyped to see what reviewers say about this

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
As of now, we don't know. All we know is there will be new animations but we have no idea how they will be implemented.

Also Contagion mode just seems to be a new difficulty mode as far as we can tell. Not a new separate mode

the original IGN article was updated to include a comment from Striking Distance Studios CEO Glen A. Schofield...he stated that the team isn't "holding anything back from the main game for the season pass." This means that there will be no death animations locked behind the season pass for the main story

He confirmed the new death animations will be brand-new ones and they will arrive as part of the Contagion Bundle and Riot Bundle...Schofield also shared that the team hasn't even begun work on them yet and that "fans have asked for EVEN MORE deaths, so we're making it a priority next year"

View: https://twitter.com/GlenSchofield/status/1595513458618818560

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a quick playthrough since you have to pay for all the death animations should be an easy game. Looking forward to in all seriousness. Good AAA Sci-fi horror has been lacking recently.